and again, pictures of cars..

watson

they really dont cost much, especially if you go for the iron blocked variants like the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0s out of the trucks. its the exact same block on all gen 3 gm small blocks so its just switching parts ya know

Edit: just realized they may be expensive compared to smaller import engines, i dont know much about costs on those

Yea, but going with an iron block defeats the purpose of the LS swap. The aluminum block LS motors are 114lbs. lighter than the iron block Nissan KA24. Think of how much more an iron block GM small block would weigh.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they really dont cost much, especially if you go for the iron blocked variants like the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0s out of the trucks. its the exact same block on all gen 3 gm small blocks so its just switching parts ya know

Edit: just realized they may be expensive compared to smaller import engines, i dont know much about costs on those

Off the top of my head a RB motor can run anywhere fro 5k-10K

2J's can run around 5 or 6K

SR20's can run from 1500-6K

KA24's can cost 3 bucks.

'

LS motors are pretty cheap compared to those considering I can get one from JEGS for around 5800.

Plus the ease of having an engine with more readily available parts compared to something you might have to ship from another country.

i just think you are way off base by saying horsepower is out of style.

Well it is. In many ways Horsepower alone is not enough, as time attack, drift, gymkana get off the ground HP is still Very invaluable, but there are many more Valuable variables in those equations

hah i don't know man i just like to appreciate a good looking car yeah the new stuff may not have as much power as they used to but hey, there's people putting corvette engines in civics hah so its basically everyone and anyones opinion.

Archived