NBA PLAYOFFS 2009

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its gonna be a great game tonight!

Kobe' date=' Lakers are lucky flying elbow didn't land higher[/color']

According to NBA executive vice president Stu Jackson, Kobe Bryant(notes) and the Los Angeles Lakers are fortunate the elbow Bryant threw at Houston Rockets' Ron Artest(notes) landed chest high and not head high, according to the Orange County Register.

"Certainly, it's clear in our rules that we treat elbow contact above the shoulder area differently than we do other parts of the body," Jackson said, although he didn't specifically say Bryant would've been suspended if the contact had been higher. In this case, had he (Bryant) made contact in his head area, certainly we'd be evaluating it on a different level," Jackson said.

Jackson also said: "We did talk to both players (Bryant and Artest), and the focus here was really to try and determine what the relationship was between the two players during the game and what precipitated the incident - and certainly as importantly, where the contact was actually made in their minds. Ultimately, we made the decision at the league-office level, that this is a flagrant-foul, penalty-one."

Bryant now has one point — and Derek Fisher(notes) two points — toward the four-point flagrant-foul limit in the postseason before incurring a one-game suspension.

Bryant was previously suspended for elbows to Mike Miller's(notes) throat and Manu Ginobili's(notes) and Marko Jaric's(notes) faces, according to the Register.

everyone but the refs knew mavs were trying to foul. 6.5 seconds left with 1 to give. billups even mentions this in the post game interview. and u can see atleast two people on the mavs bench throw their hands straight up, in the "quick look, ifould him, but not on a shot"-manuever.

They blew the whistle 61 times before that though sending the Nuggets and the Mavs to the line a combined 89 times.

I think they were just letting them play like they usually do at the end of a game. Antoine should have made it more obvious that he was trying to foul Melo... Instead of bumping him he should have wrapped him up, it's his fault Melo got the shot off not the refs.

They blew the whistle 61 times before that though sending the Nuggets and the Mavs to the line a combined 89 times.

I think they were just letting them play like they usually do at the end of a game. Antoine should have made it more obvious that he was trying to foul Melo... Instead of bumping him he should have wrapped him up, it's his fault Melo got the shot off not the refs.

You don't "let them play" on intentional fouls. They usually do that on ticky-tack unintended touches.

But I agree he should've grabbed Melo's arm or held him in some kind of way, not little bumps and taps.

I agree if it was in fact an intentional foul, but nothing Antoine did looked like an intentional foul to me.

And your Lakers just got a huge break with Yao going down, not that they needed it...they weren't going to lose to Houston anyway. I think Denver will give yall a pretty good run in the conference finals, hopefully it will go 7 because I want to see a good series.