The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOGFISH HEAD is fucking nasty. Me and my boy stole like 3 coolers of that liquid shit water from behind some guys house and it was just god awful. We still drank all 42 of them.

Yesterday, my small mexican friend and I were walking home after leaving school. We aquired some peach schnopps and mixed it with with some left over bukoff. But yes I know this is the beer thread, here's where it gets good. My friend and i get off the train tracks after finishing our booze to see a coors light truck outside a local liquor store. the truck seemed unattended with the hatch open so my trusty mexican friend runs up and snatched us two 12 packs. The truck driver ran out but did not seem motivated to catch us at all. Great day.

Had Southern Tier's Creme Brulee Stout last night, and you know what? Me likey!

Stout brewed w/ vanilla beans, 10%.

Ugh, i thought that shit was awful. It tasted really bad cold, so i figured i'd let it warm up a bit, but then it still tasted really bad. Something about the taste was off, but I couldn't put my finger on what was actually going on. It didn't taste like creme brulee, it didn't taste like an actual stout, and it didn't taste good. That's really all i remember about it.

Ugh, i thought that shit was awful. It tasted really bad cold, so i figured i'd let it warm up a bit, but then it still tasted really bad. Something about the taste was off, but I couldn't put my finger on what was actually going on. It didn't taste like creme brulee, it didn't taste like an actual stout, and it didn't taste good. That's really all i remember about it.

Sorry to hear that, mine was quite good, empty bottle still smelled good after. If anything I'd guess you got a bad one, or perhaps it was the alcohol content. I didn't notice an alcohol taste from it, but noticed it was 10% after I drank it.

Drinking Koshihikari Echigo Beer from Japan now. Nothing special to grab up unless you want to add it to your 'I've tried this' list, but it beats mass produced shit any day.

Sorry to hear that, mine was quite good, empty bottle still smelled good after. If anything I'd guess you got a bad one, or perhaps it was the alcohol content. I didn't notice an alcohol taste from it, but noticed it was 10% after I drank it.

Could've been a bad bottle. It did smell good at first though, but when it warmed up a bit and opened up it took on a pretty unpleasant smell to match the taste. Definitely wasn't the alcohol content that was bothering me though, as i'm a big fan of really heavy, strong stouts. I'll chalk it up to a bad bottle, since i've enjoyed all the other Southern Tier brews that i've had, but i still probably wouldn't go for it again.

Ive always seen them in store but Ive never bought a single one. I was stuck on what to buy tonight and was running low on things ive havent had at the local Ingles so Im drinking this tonight....not to bad....bot extravagant but I think its something I might buy again on soon shits and giggles.

old-scratch-199x300.jpg

Ive always seen them in store but Ive never bought a single one. I was stuck on what to buy tonight and was running low on things ive havent had at the local Ingles so Im drinking this tonight....not to bad....bot extravagant but I think its something I might buy again on soon shits and giggles.

old-scratch-199x300.jpg

you know what though...after waking up this morning with only having 6 last night...Im feelin pretty rough. Im gonna scratch them off my list of rebuys.

duvel greeeeeen last night... LOVE that shit.

duvel-green-green-glas.jpg

i spend entirely too much money on beer consumption.

Never seen this, please elaborate as I love Duvel.

Drinking a Corsendonk Christmas right now. Used to love this, think I would rather have their regular brews over this but it ain't bad.

Had another Creme Brulee stout, think you got a shitty bottle as it's still good to me, strong stuff.

Every year I have at least one Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale and I don't know why, it's only o.k.

Had a Hooker Nor-Easter the other day, if you're not in New England you're probably not in reach of it. Described as 'infused with mild apple pie spices.' Last year this was the shit, one of the best beers I've ever had, but they had to put a halt on it because of something having to do w/ having the recipe approved due to some of the extracts involved. This year I'm not sure, they may have changed it a little, or maybe it's because last year I got it fresh straight from the tank. Still, if you find it on tap I'd say check it out, bottled. the jury is still out.