A Goddamn Shame

hatetown

So I went to go bench today at a nearby yard and noticed lots of tags on all the mile markers, tracks themselves, and random fences nearby.

Next thing I know some fat fuck rolls up in his Union Pacific SUV and tells me that I can't take pictures there anymore and if I do, I'm gonna go to jail.

I laughed and told him to kindly fuck off (not literally).

I know most people who are new to graffiti don't understand the rules of the yard and it would only make sense to tag everything up within a proximity of the trains, but even though I know toys don't know better, it still pisses me off.

Thats ANOTHER yard within walking distance from my home that is currently blown up because of carelessness, and stupidity.

So please people, theres a thread about rules for yards.

READ THEM GODDAMMIT.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 year later...

well taking pictures in broad daylight at a freight yard is pretty stupid in itself, you must admit. some people will always use the excuse "it's a chill ass yard" and yada yada, but shit. you get seen there, next thing you know there's people camping out in bushes with tazors. not fun.

doesn't seem too stupid to take flicks in yards around my area during the day. workers will stop to talk and typically seem to think its cool when people show the interest. as long as you dont have paint, they dont care around here. that sucks about your yard peyote, shoulda regulated harder!

• 2 months later...
well taking pictures in broad daylight at a freight yard is pretty stupid in itself, you must admit. some people will always use the excuse "it's a chill ass yard" and yada yada, but shit. you get seen there, next thing you know there's people camping out in bushes with tazors. not fun.

Most UP workers don't give a flying fuck about taking pictures if you are standing on the other side of the fence. As long as you are literally not going under the cars and crossing lines while they are moving the trains, they usually do not care about taking flicks.

• 4 weeks later...
Most UP workers don't give a flying fuck about taking pictures if you are standing on the other side of the fence. As long as you are literally not going under the cars and crossing lines while they are moving the trains, they usually do not care about taking flicks.

word.UP cats seem to be the nicest about that.ive never had any problems benching or even walking around they dont care as long as you stay aout of their business and dont go climbing on shit...but then again i dont go to the yard its to far away i just go to where they stop the trains over night....

chin check everyone that fucked your spot, clean it up and sit on it for a few years and it will cool out.

I had this old spot in the middle of nowhere in a small town, and some kids had came and tagged on EVERYTHING, the ground beside the freights, the railway crossings, some huts where the workers would hang about. I went out of my way to buff everything so that it wouldn't blow the spot. so the fuckers came back and did it again. They started having workers lurk around during the day when they would load and unload freights, and at night they would move the freights to another spot.

Just another reason why I hate toys.

• 4 weeks later...

get a worker vest and some buff paint and get to work. i know it sucks to have to do this, but assuming you dont have time to really stake out the place and run into the toys while they are committing this offense and beat their asses, this is the next best thing. if any kind of official rolls up (rail workers, cops etc.) play the railfan that hates graffiti role. Ive done it and it works like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...