difficulty with new name...

cisone

i recently changed what i write, and no matter what, i fuck up every piece i do, having them not be comparable to what i painted before. it looks like someone else painted it that had no idea what the fuck they were doing, maybe not that extreme, but definately painted worse than i typically paint on off days. i cant figure this shit out and neither can anyone else i talked to about this...

has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, what did you do? go back to the old shit or continue on and break down the mental block?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
maybe cause your not a good painter.

and your shit comes out better on paper.

or the shit you draw it better then what

you can produce painting wise.

why would i go and make this thread asking if anyone else encountered this problem... im not some vet but im not some 15 yr. old young buck who started last week either... if noone else encountered this problem, or if noone can help, just let this thread die, ill paint like 10 or so more pieces and if they fuck up as well, ill go back to my old shit, and if for some reason i fuck up with that, maybe its time to hang it up for a while and focus on my college shit, atleast till the summer comes... but if you do have some advice and experienced a similar issue, please send it my way...

well the idea that if it doesnt work after ten times sounds good to you then quit now. getting good at anything takes practice,lots of it,and you still wont be as good as others,so work on your college shit and paint some canvases,like i said if you can think about hanging it up so easily do it. TONS of people are respected in the graff world and dont paint walls,maybe you can be one of dems....or get down to the gritty and be quiet and humble.

you need to go practice your whole alphabet not just the letters in your name... Also you might want to teach yourself about letter structure, since once you understand that it makes doing any letter much easier... So go practice, practice, practice your alphabet inside some book for a few months then try your new name out..

you need to go practice your whole alphabet not just the letters in your name... Also you might want to teach yourself about letter structure, since once you understand that it makes doing any letter much easier... So go practice, practice, practice your alphabet inside some book for a few months then try your new name out..

thats gotta be the best advice in this thread.seriously

You don't really need to waste your time on the entire alphabet, because once the knowledge of letter forms is there, it won't matter what letters you are using because the same principal is applied to each letter. Anyway start simple, keep your proportions consistent. You really want your painting abilities to reflect what you can do in a book, because if you have a dope blackbook but you can't paint for shit, then what is the point? Ideally you want to be able to not rely on a sketch; where you can just go to the wall and freestyle, because by then it will be like riding a bike. And you will know exactly what to do without having to think twice about it.

• 1 year later...

i know what youre talkin about. i think everybody is goin to have opinions on what you should do...i do believe practice makes perfect..i started to study different styles that i like and add what i want into my piece...i mean dont bite obliviously..do what you do best and make sure ur happy with it..stay up

• 2 months later...

their is alot of possible reasons.most have already been stated probably.

.your using new letters your not used to or in a different order than your used to.certain letters flow better next to one enough and some dont flow well at all together.

.it could be that you are just not experienced enough as a painter and you may have been able to pull off thos other letters becuase you were used to painting those letters and now,becuase of your weak painting skills,cant seem to throw down like you used to.

the best thing i can tell you is to fuck around in your books until you get your shit down and get a feel for the letters then proceed to hit the streets.take a brake and get acquainted with your new name.dont trip just keep messing with it til your happy with the outcome.its happened to me...

• 3 weeks later...

For what its worth, couple of the things that where passed down to me way back in the way back...

1) Always have like 3 or 4 side names, not to really bomb/paint with, but to sketch out. Helps to break a "writers" block, you know? Helps if some of the words have the same letter combos as your real name.

2) If you see somebody w/ a dope name and a wack style, do that word, throwies, handies, burners, (on paper) until you have it on lock. Because this throws different letter combos in the mix, pushes you out of your comfort zone.

Take it or leave it...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...