US regression is already here

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: US recession is already here

recession does not equal all bad things for the economy. the word just scares the ignorant public because they don't know what it means to them personally.

dollar is devalued, gold is up to almost $900 an ounce. japan sold a ton of its bonds in u.s. currency, the middle east is moving from the dollar as international currency to the rubal. major u.s. companies are moving overseas.

it is bad.

Guest spectr

recession does not equal all bad things for the economy. the word just scares the ignorant public because they don't know what it means to them personally.

So I am going to assume you are scared then.... either that or you don't know the first thing about economics... Not that economists know the first thing about economics, but at least they can bullshit well enough to convince the rest of us that they know what they are talking about...

as americans, we are gross over-consumers. this recession is a way for our economy to balance out our consumption by controlling our money supply. not a bad thing

meanwhile, the fed continues to print out money that is backed by nothing......meanwhile, spp is ensuring we will follow in the path of the EU and institute the amero....

i'm watchin' 'merican idol, 'cause i looooove paula, man! then i'monna drink me some berr

and watch them footballs! yeehaww!

then i gotsa go to the wal-mart dann the corna and pick me sum mergency suplies lyke dem cool flashlites tha don need no battries, and four cans t'mato soup and hershy bars cuz them taste good.

so poesia should I sell all the stuff I own and pay off my loans? IE: truck, motorcycle and drums?

I wouldnt do anything drastic, corrections are normal but this might be alot different due to a more global market taking place. The hardest part about some of the causes of what went down with the subprime market will not only affect us but the euro will also be hindered with losses.

We are kind of like the virus that infected the rest of the worlds economy.

Best bet keep those bills low, if you want to make major purchases try paying cash.

sale of government securites to the public

unemployment goes up

interest rates go down

we spend less, big deal.

it is a system that is self-correcting

what goes up must come down

except, when it crashes this time, they institute new currency.

10 Signs A Recession Might Be Upon Us

10. Clinton and Obama have decided to go in together on a gym membership.

9. NBC has decided to officially drop all it's writers and just show 24 hours of Gilligan's Island, Scooby Doo, and the Match Game.

8. Nobody that works part time at McDonalds is eligible for a $300,000 home this year

7. Every ad on Engadet and Digg is "Push This Button"

6. The winner of Rajin's Stock contest is only down 20%

5. Amy Winehouse has cut down to $500 worth of heroin a day

4. Sean "Puffy" Combs is coming out with a new designer gas called "Shizzle"

3. People are starting to think Prius drivers are cool

2. American Pie 12 didn't reach its sales goal of 50 copies

1. Pot smoking UP. Cigarette smoking DOWN

my unfortunate Grandma worked as a nurse in the States for most of her life before returning home to Ireland to be a full-time Litle Old Lady. As a result, her pension is from the US, and it comes in dollars. 50 euro a week was wiped off the pension in the last few months.

thankfully, she nursed in the UK for a few years during the War, and is entitled to a small pension from there as well....

But anyway, yizzer economy is fucked.

Yeah, call me crazy, but I think this is going to do some crazy things in terms of the way we view economy in the years to come.

I think these types of infectious waves that Poesia is talkin bout will prove to be so widely felt that we are going to feel the need for unified monies systems among national level governments, as to reduce the component parts of the world's economic system. In doing this it will provide larger insight into the predictability and stability of the global market and averaging things out that way.

Eu, and the euro. Us and the amero.

We are gonna have to face the necessary reality of these things, but who knows.

Our money is fucked. Our country is fucked and the world is pretty fucked right now.

Somethin has to give and I think a lot of that change will be reflected in the economic structures of the world.

yes i agree Crooked.

We are about to go through one of the most unpredictable markets we have ever faced and not just a US market. Global. Us has always lead the global market, but with weakness another player could step in and have an effect on our market. That would be a shift in power.

I hope we are able to fix our issues at home first. The next president will have a heavy task ahead of them.

Archived