12oz Is Dying (Open It Back Up To The Public)

Seffiks

Will 12oz live  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my opinion..12oz aint just bout Channel Zero..I mean it is to sum folks..But if you get bored here look around you, if you want to have a good laugh go to The Yard and laugh at the idiots staring threads like, "What is Etch".."Where can I get skills"....and all that dumb shit...Go to the battle thread on Paper Chase..Wanna discuss sumthing go to Crossfire..Took a cute lil picture with your new camera, go to Untitled..Got new shoes, go to Duty Free...12oz aint dead..You just gotta look around and quit hittin that damn refresh button to check new posts or threads on channel zero..

Ohh yeah and about the Ouncerz making fun of people and all that shit..Its just for fun ..Why get butthurt off the IntErnEtZ..If a kid cant take a joke here, I cant imagine how fuked up his life is in the real world..Show the BoObZ..The best thing on 12oz...We have many beautiful ladies that went through that shit at the beggining, and look they're still here..That means they can take a joke and can brush that shit off with no problem..Shit they even contributed to the Botty contest..If a girl is gone get booty hurt off people asking for boobz..they're in the wrong place..

My 2 cents..

this is actually (from what i've read) a pretty good debate of sorts. when i have more time, i'm curious to read the rest.

my 2 cents:

i think i can agree with what you're saying about the hazing. i'm also speaking from what i've seen in ch.0 alone. i actually only follow a couple threads in brick slayers, one thread in paper chase, and another thread in a forum that gets about as much foot traffic as the hottest parts of the sahara. so all the hazing i've seen is in ch.0, but it's ch.0! it's supposed to be the stupid comments, poor humor, shit talk, fart sounding, short bus kind of forum. people pretty much go there to be entertained by half witted comments, the occassional "show me dem' titties" routine, or just to straight clown around with people (not always negatively either). people also go here to open up (or try to) conversations about shit going on in their lives, news clippings, personal problems, or in some cases for advice.

so when someone starts a thread, like "can you bump the rollers thread in brick slayers" --of course people are going to jump on the poor guy. then it's the domino affect. it ends up tuning into a school yard mentality, and you have everyone just trying to make the other laugh. it sucks for whomever is on the shit end of the stick, but at the same time, some people deserve it. like the whole Lady-E situation. people just get bored, degress, and let the anoynmous aspect of the web, take control. i mean i was home for the holidays, bored, with a liquor cabinet for my raping, and didn't want to watch tv. that lady-E shit entertained me more then most of the other threads that weekend. it's kind of like watching i "love new york." you know it's stupid when you're watching it, but you get sucked in. then when it's over, you want that hour of your life back. in a similar way, it's like picking your nose. you'll be cutting and digging away at some dry wall in your nose, then you'll catch yourself in the mirror and think "damn i look stupid........but it still feels good!"

that's ch.0. unfortunately, you have to deal with that no matter what's going on with invites and noobs. if they open this site up to the public again, it will be that much worse. you'll have numerous more 14 year old e-thugs, more meatheads who just want to start beef, and more idiots who just want to hate. it might bring a few more "good" people in, but you'll get at least 5 time as many idiots. then you'll have at least 5 times the bullshit, 5 times the hazing, and 5 times the bans.

i think that if new people are coming on here, and getting hazed, they still have plenty opportunity to befriend others. if people just want to piss everyone off, or act like a fool (lady-e), than they will get what others feel the deserve. you have too many individual opinions to stop that.

so i don't really think this place should go public. if you think people are going too far with hazing, than say something in that thread. start some conversation to either resolve the issue you see at hand, or just say what you think. this is a "forum," and forums were invented to create conversation, debate, protest, and in some cases revolution.

i originally came here to look at photos, but eventually i found ch.0 and got sucked in. as stupid as it can be, and as stupid as it can get me to act, i think it's just fine. maybe in a stagnant phase or something, but it's just fine.

• Like 1

I wrote that. And, I meant every word of it.

In case I get banned, it's been nice talking to you all. Take care of the place, I may be back.

Think about it like this. If you came to a party at my house, and before I even said "Hi, nice to see you, cocaine and hookers to the left," I throw a drink in your face and make fun of your shirt.

What would you do? I'd tip my ass straight for the fucking door, personally.

Think about it.

Seriously dude it's the internet, people get shit on all the time...No need to cry about it in a blog or where ever you type out your e-feelings. I've been posting here since 2002, shit is pretty much the same as it ever was in the forums. Trust me when I say, you wont be missed if you leave. So rant, bitch, cry or whatever you want to do. But please dont make threats talkin bout you're gonna leave cause your pussy hurts.

Cause in the end, nobody really gives a shit wtf you think.

Sincerely,

Awkward Eye

aka

Scrawburry

aka

Motherfuckin' MOUTH FOR WAR

happy postin'.....

I'm a little disappointed boogie hands wasn't a option.

open it up keep it closed doesn't really matter.

people that make stupid threads after 20 posts

about skiing or "where's the roller.."

or DRUGS? serious.

no drug talk

it's in the rules

course we've disregarded the no penetration rule on thousands of occasion's.

whatever.

now which way to the coke and hookers?

That's kinda harsh man.

Shai is good people.

I dont know the dude personally and haven't read many of his post....But I'm not co-signin' an internet whine about a messageboard. He can leave as far as I'm concerned, no need to sugarcoat his web browsing experience.

If his feelings got hurt over some words on the internerd then he needs to step his life up.

Guest shai_hulud

I wouldn't say I've changed my mind, but I feel like people are talking about this and that's reassuring.

If it's just a phase, then I'm making a big deal about nothing at all.

Look at it from my perspective. I wasn't here from September of 2006 till November of 2007.

I posted something on Myspace about a friend of mine who died in October, and casek emailed me, and was asking where I had been, what's going on, etc. So, we sent a few messages back and forth, and then I decided to come back on here because I had gotten a laptop to use and my job allows me to be online and work without too much effort.

I basically picked up where I left off. I tried to keep my posts funny and smart or at least on point/topic.

Now, maybe I'm a big old internet snob, but I noticed the things I mentioned above, and it concerned me. I've been noticing them for a couple months now. I finally decided to say something, and I think I said it in the least confrontational and constructive way possible.

I'm going to be traveling in a couple months, so I will not be here as much, if at all, for a bit. Maybe that is a good thing, I don't know. We'll see.

If I made anyone mad by what I said, I apologize...but I didn't single anyone out because I don't want to make enemies, if that makes a difference.

I don't think his feelings got hurt, he just has an interest in making the "community" (in an abstract way, this is a community) a better place.

Who can argue with that really?

Whether you disagree if it needs to be changed or not is fine, but it seems kinda shitty to clown the dude when he has everyones best interest in mind.

Guest shai_hulud
I dont know the dude personally and haven't read many of his post....But I'm not co-signin' an internet whine about a messageboard. He can leave as far as I'm concerned, no need to sugarcoat his web browsing experience.

If his feelings got hurt over some words on the internerd then he needs to step his life up.

Where did I say my feelings got hurt? I saw a problem and I wanted to point it out.

For the record, I don't care how long you've been here. I don't care what your old screen names are. I've never even seen you post anything all that interesting or relevant.

You seem to be affected by what I said because you felt strongly enough that you needed to respond to it. Maybe you're part of the problem I mentioned.

You have said the same kind of crap about me speaking up about shit that goes on around here before. If you're so cool that this place means so little to you that you can talk that kind of talk, then YOU leave.

Aren't you just whining about what I said, in a way? You have the right to ignore it, yet you felt compelled to respond. Hmmm.

I don't think his feelings got hurt, he just has an interest in making the "community" (in an abstract way, this is a community) a better place.

Who can argue with that really?

Whether you disagree if it needs to be changed or not is fine, but it seems kinda shitty to clown the dude when he has everyones best interest in mind.

I think we have pretty good mix of people on here and shit seems to work pretty well.

I wasn't clownin' the dude, just tellin' him to pad or pon, cause bleedin' bitch shit and lookin' out for my best interest is not wanted.

If I wanted that, I'd holler at my wife. :lol:

Where did I say my feelings got hurt? I saw a problem and I wanted to point it out.

For the record, I don't care how long you've been here. I don't care what your old screen names are. I've never even seen you post anything all that interesting or relevant.

You seem to be affected by what I said because you felt strongly enough that you needed to respond to it. Maybe you're part of the problem I mentioned.

You have said the same kind of crap about me speaking up about shit that goes on around here before. If you're so cool that this place means so little to you that you can talk that kind of talk, then YOU leave.

Aren't you just whining about what I said, in a way? You have the right to ignore it, yet you felt compelled to respond. Hmmm.

Pad or Pon, Mr. Relevant?

:lol:

what, they're too much of a pussy to have an opinion?

wait, people are taking props seriously? holy crap you're a bunch of sad losers.

i think i just shed a tear :rolleyes:

i didn't even read the rest because it was boring and probably written by someone who's been here a year.

ebbs and flows my friends. the forum has gone through ups and downs ever since it's inception. the quality of the content on this site is up to you, the member. if 12oz sucks you've got yourself to blame. the "good old days" you all yearn for came and went long before the majority of you got here.

quit crying like a bunch of bitches. it's a website. sheesh. all this poll tells me is that it's been about 6 months since the last time someone posted one.

yeah this is abc's house, so stfu.

imo, open it back up and cops will come.

ive been on here for hella long: suavefella, suavefellapart2, tried and true, and now drunkpunch.

ive been hazed and have hazed back.

thats part of this "family of elitists" that is teh oontz.

you all know that none of you would know what the fuck 'teh' or 'meh' was till you got here.

i agree with all opinions, shai, dao, and all others.

thats what makes us a "family" online.

i wouldnt pay to be vip, my dick is already immense.

props are for underlining your member status and are a lil ghey.

but when i turn on my mac and teh oontz comes up, i feel as if im talkin to "friends"

Guest shai_hulud
Pad or Pon, Mr. Relevant?

:lol:

That's the best you can do?

Here, I'll rephrase it-

I made a post complaining about a post that you made that was complaining about a post that I made.

Well, that makes a lot of sense, when you look at it that way.

the invites, well that's a catch 22 isn't it? it's a good deterrent to prevent cops and neighborhood cowboys who hate graffiti from joining and infiltrating what is probably the biggest internet community for graffiti. but at the same time it prevents new users from freely joining and adding to the content.

i'm going to quote myself on this to address the actual topic of the thread.

i say allocate more invites to people who have been here for a while and let them send them to people who they think would use this site and contribute to it.

but then again, there is the possibility that law enforcement and/or the neighborhood cowboy graff haters already have accounts on here, which negates having an invite only forum.

the way i see it, and it's already been said, if you're finding that there's nothing interesting going on here, make something interesting. and yeah sure, whatever thread or whatever you try to start up to spark some interest may not work out, but at least you tried, right? that's about all any of us can do.

shai, i understand where you're coming from as far as having been gone for a year, then seeing how much shit had changed in that year. but man, that shit happens. when i first came back here after however long, it didn't really seem like there was shit going on to me. i didn't recognize a lot of names, so none of the shit really mattered to me. but you know what? you just weed through the shit and find something that seems rad to you. get into a debate here, laugh at dick and fart jokes there... just go with it, basically.

as much as i've had some pretty decent discussions/debates/whatever in crossfire, what it boils down to is this: i don't come here expecting absolute greatness. i don't come here expecting to really engage in anything meaningful. i just come here to have fun, keep up on certain threads, whatever. sure, there's some shit that annoys me, that goes beyond my belief that it's all mindless fun into a realm of mindlessness that shouldn't be allowed to survive, but shit happens.

so basically, to re-state what's been said a handful of times already, ups and downs. i'd rather have the security of knowing that cops just can't come up in here (even though i'm sure if they really wanted to, they could) than have tons of new people coming in and starting threads or whatever. if all the people that contributed shit that i really enjoyed aren't around posting anymore, it's because they're just not here. it's not because they didn't get invited, because everyone on here was alright once the invites went into effect.

to a degree, yeah, i care about the site, otherwise i wouldn't keep supporting it. is it a little slow lately? maybe, but whatever. it'll pick back up. unlike my train of thought, which is completely gone at this point.

That's the best you can do?

Here, I'll rephrase it-

I made a post complaining about a post that you made that was complaining about a post that I made.

Well, that makes a lot of sense, when you look at it that way.

I'm not the one whining about how it should be...My view is slanted, that's why I keep an awkward eye.

If you got problems and they mean that much to you in real life, then just leave and dont come back... I like how this forum is run and the content that's in it, that's why I made contribution....did you?

complain on if you want...but make sure you get heavy flow with wings to help you through it, you wouldn't wanna mess them panties would you?

Guest shai_hulud

Here's what I've seen.

About a third of the people that have posted here have said, yeah, some changes need to be made.

A third have said, it's just a phase, 12 oz. goes through this and it will rebound, you'll see.

The last third haven't said anything constructive at all.

Which is about all I need to know, but anyway...this is something that a lot of you have opinions about, yet it took me and Mainter to actually make a thread about it and bring it out into the open.

If this is no big deal and it's just a bunch of words on the internet, then let's talk about it. What have you got to lose...or prove...or be afraid of?

love it leave it

contribute

bitch moan

stay or go

at the end of the day what difference does it make?

ravens site ravens money ravens rules.

his ideas have obviously worked so far.

why not trust him now.

we determine the content of OUR content alone.

we have no control over others.

if it's wack, we clown.

if it blows up spots, we hit warn.

thats the deal, deal with it.