Has Nas fucked up?

Stimme

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Representatives for Island Def Jam have denied that Hip-Hop superstar Nas will release an album with the controversial title Nigga in December.

The rapper made headlines on Friday (October 13), when he announced the controversial title and release date of December for his next album, during a show at the Roseland Ballroom in New York.

According to FoxNews.com, representatives close to Island Def Jam Chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid have denied that they will release the album by Nas in December.

Additionally, the representative claimed the only album for Nas on Def Jam's release schedule is his Greatest Hits compilation, which is due in stores in November.

"There is no album release by Nas on the release schedule at this point," a source told FoxNews.com."And they would be unlikely to release an album with that title. How would that look at Wal-Mart?

While the release date is in question, representatives for Nas and a PR representative at Def Jam confirmed the controversial name of the album with AllHipHop.com.

Nas' album title Nigga has sparked controversy and debate throughout the Hip-Hop community.

The title was also condemned by Reverend Jesse Jackson.

"The title using the 'N' word is morally offensive and socially distasteful," Jackson said in a statement. "Nas has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech, but there is no honor in it. Radio and television stations have no obligation to play it and self-respecting people have no obligation to buy it. I wish he would use his talents to lift up and inspire, not degrade, making mockery of racism."

Nas found support from an unlikely ally - Don Imus.

A representative for the shock jock, who was fired for calling female members of the Rutgers University Basketball Team "nappy headed hoes," told FoxNews.com that the album title was a "good thing."

"It's a good thing," Imus' representative Martin Garbus said. "Words like that should be deprived of their meanings, and then they can't hurt."

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/10/17/18746861.aspx

It's Official, Nas to Release Nigger in December

Nas has confirmed that his next album will indeed be named Nigger, a slight variation from the originally reported N*gga title. He told MTV News that the move was inspired by his desire to strip the N-word of its racist venom.

"We're taking power from the word," Nas said. "I wanna make the word easy on mutha----as' ears," he explained. "You see how white boys ain't mad at 'cracker' 'cause it don't have the same [sting] as 'nigger'? I want 'nigger' to have less meaning than 'cracker,'" he added.

Nas also debunked Fox News site's claim that there was no Nas album on Def Jam's schedule. "I don't know where that report came from and neither does Def Jam," said Nas.

Nas' Nigger album is due out on December 11. It will feature collaborations with DJ Toomp, Jermaine Dupri, and Salaam Remi.

Haters, start your engines.

http://rap.about.com/b/2007/10/19/nas-to-release-nigger-in-december.htm

Representatives for Island Def Jam have denied that Hip-Hop superstar Nas will release an album with the controversial title Nigga in December.

The rapper made headlines on Friday (October 13), when he announced the controversial title and release date of December for his next album, during a show at the Roseland Ballroom in New York.

According to FoxNews.com, representatives close to Island Def Jam Chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid have denied that they will release the album by Nas in December.

Additionally, the representative claimed the only album for Nas on Def Jam's release schedule is his Greatest Hits compilation, which is due in stores in November.

"There is no album release by Nas on the release schedule at this point," a source told FoxNews.com."And they would be unlikely to release an album with that title. How would that look at Wal-Mart?

While the release date is in question, representatives for Nas and a PR representative at Def Jam confirmed the controversial name of the album with AllHipHop.com.

Nas' album title Nigga has sparked controversy and debate throughout the Hip-Hop community.

The title was also condemned by Reverend Jesse Jackson.

"The title using the 'N' word is morally offensive and socially distasteful," Jackson said in a statement. "Nas has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech, but there is no honor in it. Radio and television stations have no obligation to play it and self-respecting people have no obligation to buy it. I wish he would use his talents to lift up and inspire, not degrade, making mockery of racism."

Nas found support from an unlikely ally - Don Imus.

A representative for the shock jock, who was fired for calling female members of the Rutgers University Basketball Team "nappy headed hoes," told FoxNews.com that the album title was a "good thing."

"It's a good thing," Imus' representative Martin Garbus said. "Words like that should be deprived of their meanings, and then they can't hurt."

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/10/17/18746861.aspx

I read this alittle while back haha.......was kinda shocked and disappointed he backed down....but then he was on something like mtv and said the claims he was changing the title or the album wasn't released was false.

carlos mencia already fucked up by doing black face....if he starts saying the "n" word...im gonna find him and stab him.

carlos mencia is fucking a retard.... wait I meant to say a fucking retard who probablly fucks retards... Since only a retarded bitch would be willing to have sex with him...

btw

I got my ipod on random and nas just came up.... Last words...

I was about to say...Nigger and Nigga are different and it depends on who's saying it.

Where I'm from is grimey. Everyone says "Nigga" Blacks, Dominicans, Puerto ricans, (and other latinos) Whites, even Cambodians,Laotians other asians, arabs, pakistanis etc. etc. It's a real melting pot there...we used to crack on each others ethnicities growing up. Now that I'm grown up, I feel like people are too touchy feely about race, probably because some people don't know how to address it. Me personally, race means nothing to me.