12oz'ers participation on the most important discussions

the district

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i hate to say it, but the large majority of the people that look at this site could care less about any kind of tangible subject that actually has relevance in the real world. Im not knocking anyone but most people dont really (from what i percieve from my experience in the real world and countless forums/blogs of various subject matter) care enough about matters that dont relate to their daily lives, or have career's that are predicated on politics or the effects of the economy(that they are consciously aware of, obviously all business is tied in with the economy). They just either go to school cause they have to or go to work cause they have to. If ignorance is bliss, then i think the large majority of 12oz'ers are floating around in theyre own personal grafftopia... lol. Above mentioned and well spoken members notwithstanding.

bill maher is an inside job

Considering how he will not discuss the WTC's makes me suspicious.At the same time there

is a ban on discussing explosives in the WTC's on clear channel.NPR is the only place it can be discussed in the mass media.I don't understand why he is always discussing democrats or republicans.Its the topics that count not the parties...

i hate to say it, but the large majority of the people that look at this site could care less about any kind of tangible subject that actually has relevance in the real world. Im not knocking anyone but most people dont really (from what i percieve from my experience in the real world and countless forums/blogs of various subject matter) care enough about matters that dont relate to their daily lives, or have career's that are predicated on politics or the effects of the economy(that they are consciously aware of, obviously all business is tied in with the economy). They just either go to school cause they have to or go to work cause they have to. If ignorance is bliss, then i think the large majority of 12oz'ers are floating around in theyre own personal grafftopia... lol. Above mentioned and well spoken members notwithstanding.

this guy knows what he's talking about.

the majority of my friends when i bring shit like this up are like "whooo careees?".

and i'm always just like, you will, soon.

to be quite honest, this is also one of the only 2 sections i really look at on these forums. i will say in past years the discussions on the board were much more quality though.

It seems that comedy is the best technique to get people involved (or even start caring at all) into politics. i.e. bill ma her and Jon Stewart.

i see it different, i see it as trying to make a joke out of real issues. for the people to have a laugh about it and ease the anger that the information causes.

lack of seriousness from both hosts.

lack of seriousness makes us all a bunch of clowns.

do you have any books that you would suggest?

Anarchism & Other Essays - Emma Goldman

That one ^

If you are strapped for cash...

http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/anarchist_archives/bright/berkman/comanarchism/whatis_toc.html

And this isn't a book but I read it this week and it was interesting

http://www.struggle.ws/rbr/rbr6/bakunin.html

For stuff a little less heavy and a good introduction to the subject do a youtube search for

chomsky - government of/in the future

I suffer from too much to say and not enough audience. Once in a while I'll try to launch something thought-provoking, or take a stand and back it up against various antagonists (re. my sparring with Dawood in the Creator thread). But it comes back to this: my arguments are deep and well-supported, consistent and clear, but it takes time to articulate them fully. They are also easy to attack if I try to pare them down to a "lite" version which is missing key logic or underpinnings. And if I go ahead anyway and exert all the effort to participate in here, I can already predict the reactions of the three people who care. So it seldom seems worth it to really rip on some debate. Especially when the topics that interest me are often less popular and sink down the list.