MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

aren't oink mops just stazon mops?

anyways, thanks for the suggestions guys.

to what purehatecrew said, i will try that next time i get another kiwi...

in the meantime, i've tried using cleaning sponges wrapped in t-shirt fabric, then stuffed into the mop, it works pretty good. It soaks ink well, and doesn't wear that much too. Just dont use too much t-shirt fabric or the flow of ink is going to be very slow and restricted.

Oh and i used pilot ink in mine... it melted the plastic cover of the kiwi AND got all sticky...

have you guys experienced that before?

kiwi mop BODIES dont warp, but their extremely hard COVERS do... it's weird.

oh and the covers we have over here are screw on... so it's prolly a different material altogether.

(btw, i use a mop made from a glue pen bottle, and it's an extremely soft plastic. doesn't warp though)

@purehatecrew thanks for pointing that out

i use Bennon glue pens that look like this.

http://www.doubleacatalogue.com/product_detail04.aspx?gid=4025

just the same as any glue pen i suppose.

i change the nibs to a piece of felt though, not chalkboard eraser felt, just thin fabric kinda felt.

it's pretty good on smooth surfaces.

i find them easy to use and maintain because when the nibs rip, i just cut up some felt and replace them. might just be me though, cause some might not like glue pens because they're not very enduring and leak a little. just gotta get used to them and work things out.

^thought this kid was a spammer because when I clicked the link I had a bunch of Allah jihad type letter shit scrolling across the top of my screen and I might be on a watch list now... anyway, whilst I love illadel mops, almost every one i've ever gotten of the k-60 body style has had the head of the mop where the nib is inserted crack in one or more places, causing major leakage.

yeah, the molotow masterpieces with the 60mm nib.

my graff supplies shop sells them for double the price, so just wanted to make my own.

no cap? how do you handle that? (if you do rock markers without a cap, tell me how!)

i was thinking of wide oval shaped deodorant sticks...