MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
THOSE UNI PAINT MARKERS ARE THE SHIT WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THOSE MARKERS ARE PERFECT FOR STICKERS SINCE THE BLACK ONES NEVER FADE AND THE BROAD PX-30 IS A GRAFF STAPLE!!!!!!

They're nice on paper but suck when it comes to hitting spots. They're not always opaque, u hav to keep shaking and pumping the valve THEN it'll come out nice. I hav a couple of them silvers now and i hav no idea y it's the only color with bearings in them, and it bothers the shit outta me when it rattles in my pocket while i'm walking ard late at night. the Gold and other colors don't hav bearings in them. Does anyone know y??

Just picked up a clear blender prismacolor today and I can't figure out how to blend colors well. It looks like it's putting watermarks on the page. Any advice on using these clear blenders better?

Very few people know how to correcly use the clear blender. Actually, it's not made to blend with other markers alone.

THE SECRET!!

GET READY!!

HERE WE GOOOOOO!

The clear blender is designed to break down the pigment of prisma color PENCILS!!! THAT"S RIGHT, PENCILS!! You use a regular prisma marker, then you VERY LIGHTLY masage some prisma color pencil over it, then use the clear blender to blend. The effect is almost like water colors. It is very important to use prismacolor pencils or some other high quality pencil, for these are almost all pigment and little filler. If you use prang or some such bullshit, it wont look good at all.

THATS HOW YOU USE THE CLEAR BLENDER. PEOPLE KEEP THAT SHIT SECRET!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

that is a different shape container but the nibs are the same as are all shoe polishes, trust me the shape of the bottle makes no difference, and even if you did, in a moment of pure madness, actually try something out instead of asking on the internet you'd see for yourself that the nibs are fine and when/if it does get fucked up then replace it with felt or whatever or get a new one, you can always pour the ink into a different pen

Hey i'm having trouble fucking getting paint through my shoe polish mops. I'm using rusto aluminum oil based paint and tried thinning it out and I try squeezing it and pressing it and everything it still wont come out. Should I get the paint super watery with the thinner? because I also got a couple metal bearings in there but for some reason I can't get paint to work on this shit anyone got any tips? also doesnt run through bingo markers' date=' if anyone got them to work gimme a heads up.[/quote']

yeah use more thinner and almost make it like watery but not too much. it's probally not working cause it's too thick, or you didn't mix it well.

So for more drips add more thinner right? I kinda fucked it up and didnt add enough paint thinner. Also anyone know what I could use to replace the nib on top of a kiwi? Shits all torn up I'm wondering if its saveable or just rack some more. Also those furniture anti scratcher things that slide on the floor dont work. I tried them on a mop aint working

Alrite... yah people that keep asking questions.. SHUT THE FUCK UP..

i've been painting for 10 months now and i never asked all this shit.. FIND OUT BY YOURSELF.. all you need to know is that paint is paint.. ink is ink.. look it up on google..

and this is what i wanted to share..

1st.

This is a $6 marker IDENTICLE to an OTR... Its sold at Michaels and its for terra cotta pots but the paint is HARD TO BUFF ON GLASS.. and its refillable. The only difference is that it isnt see through.

allenap_1897_5648969

2nd..

This stuff is GOOD SHIT..

its for staining glass but its FUCKING PERMEMENT.

I think the chemicals are strong because my friend got a drop of it mixed with pilot ink on his finger and when he tried to rubb it off it took off 3 or 4 layers of skin. CRAZY and its at most art stores. Like etch only u dont have to be 18 and it might not totally burn in like etch does. Its like $3 an ounce.

bs445.jpg

See my problem is I added rusto aluminum bucket oil based paint to a shoe polish mop and I didnt even thin it out and it comes out but its like I get no drips and the nibs pushed the paint on the side of the nib and get nothing in the middle... I dunno any tips?

I heard krink doesnt stain hard. Grogg's pretty good though. fuck the otr and pilots its all about the window writers they sell at walgreens

75564CRF.jpg

pour the paint in and refill it yourself it has a round nib and has a drip valve

my fav marker at the moment picture17ta.jpg

full of grog with added brake fluid dot 4 and 3 ( couple of teaspoons of eeach ) and pottasium permanganate ( mix all this up outside the sealed container cos it lets of gas with some shit...ive had a kiwi twist and shine blow up in my hand after i added this with a million other nasty things in it )....def adds a purple sheen to it but mix in warm water first then add so the crystals desolve..also adds to the staining power big time i reckon...not to much though.

made some silver oil based paint/krink whatever you call it, added the most expensive permananent looking purple die/ink aquired from a posh art supplies....put it in this thing my mate gave me..anyone seen them before? im in australia.

picture20sl.jpg

looks like this now though

picture38kg.jpg

thanks for all the great info to the peeps who have put towards this and the ink thread, ive read a fair bit of them recently...inspired me to join and post up.

its from the "tools of the trade" thread in brickslayers there are a few other

Thanks homie. And to the bitch that axd why i care is cuz im sick of my mops and other homemade shits so i just wanna look at some other writers stuff.

I saw these poster sharpies at this store yesterday. These things write fatter than an OTR. But its still a sharpie. Dunno if i should rack, they have different colors.

Yo man, I have one of those. Don't trash it. The nib is durable, and it comes with a marble in it. Rack it though, it's like $8. Just rinse it out and let it dry out, then fill it with pretty much anything. If it's paint though, make sure it's REALLY thin. Like water thin. Good marker though. Great size. Tear off the fuckin clip on the cap though. It's annoying when you try to put it in your pocket and the clip catches and ink drips out the bottom.

I had an idea to fill a bingo marker with some ink and use that,

but I don't know if i'll do it right.

I have an idea on how to fill it with ink... but I don't know how to

clean the pink ink out of the felt tip.

Any ideas?

Hell ya i thought i was the only one who tagged with those. you can use that ink in it on cement but it wont stick to windows and trated wood very well... But what i did way pop the top off pull the spring blotter that you ahve to press down to get it to flow. you can put in a ball if youd liek for mixing but i found adding a little bleach and very very small ammount of oil to it can give it a nice stick. just be sure to add a very little ammount of bleach if you use to much it will eat the sponge.

if you do it just rite it will last a long time give a nice drip and only wears down if you just hitting cement over and over. well i hope that helps a bit but GO you for thinking:scrambled of the obvious! :scrambled: