MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

Originally posted by keep rockin it+Mar 13 2006, 01:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (keep rockin it - Mar 13 2006, 01:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-i_write@Feb 10 2006, 12:53 AM

the mini markers are PENTELS . good for windows and shit . i got one

i thought they only made white pentels.

the one i saw them use is black but thanks(btw pentel whites are fuckin raw)

anyone got any good idea for a thin line black mop? drippy...?

[/b]

^facepaint or windowchalk markers.. (i dont know how durable their nibs are)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by chumbawumba@Jan 22 2006, 02:38 AM

I'm about to try and make a chapstick marker and add some white out to it, any suggestions?

Yeah, I got one. Don't fucking bomb with whiteout, got me?

aight so I put drops of alcohol and chlorine in my otr ink thinking it would make it more permanent (bad idea) and it came out flary and shit. So i thought it was just to watery, so I put some kiwi ink in it thinking I was balancing it out. I know I fucked up somewhere because the ink doesn;t even come out anymore. The nib is also fucked up but It won't come out of teh little thing. So its either the ink thats fucked up, the nib, or the sponge inside that holds the ink. what do you people think, this is my first otr so bear with me

Why the FUCK would you add alcohol, or fucking CHLORINE to your ink?! Thats just some special ed shit right there, there is just no logic behind that idea. What posesses someone to add chlorine to their fucking ink is beyond me. Then after that, he fucking adds shoe polish to it. Kiwi is not ink buddy, thats the whole reason you dump it out before you make a mop.

I think the best thing to do is, read this thread from front to back - you'll be a genius.

What are these forums coming to? :rolleyes:

actully you can add bleach wich contains chlorine to pilot ink and put it into an otr and it will stain pretty damn good on metal.

its just a regular marker. a paint marker of some sort like a deco or a uni or whatever the fuck. you bite the metal part, so that when you press the tip in while writing you get huge messy drippy shit. i know what im talking about because ive done it.

p.s. this thread is mad whack right now. and all you new people should read through the thread

:lol:

don't get "done" dirty by that ink that's selling on ebay. shits probably just garvey xt-70 mixed with marsh black t-grade. you could get a 16 oz of garvey and a 16 oz (pint) of marsh t-grade any color for a total of 33 dollars at artprimo. :innocent:

WELL LIL DADDY IT IS NOT GARVEY NOR IS IT MARSH ITS DO*EM*DIRTY* MARSH IS GARBAGE NOW AND GARVEY IS GOOD BUT WONT LAST A WEEK IN THE SUN TOGETHER THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD BUT CANT FUCK WITH THIS MAY BE YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR MONEY WERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND SEE WHATS REALY GOOD! WHY DONT YOU BOIL SOME INK AND KILL YA SELF LOL OR YOU CAN GO CHECK THE NEWYORK THREAD AND PEEPMY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS! PLUS IM FROM NEWYITTY THE HOME OF ROLLIN STEAL THIS SHIT BATTLE TESTED CERTIFIED AND SOLIDIFIED!!!!

^no, thanks anyway.

If that ink is what I really think it is...

then I've already got it:

garvey+marsh

...and together it ghosts and doesn't fade in the sun.

besides, even the bottle looks the same as what garvey comes in. seems to me you just peeled off the garvey one and stuck your own sticker on it.

I'm interested in that mop though. the one you posted wrapped in tape inbetween those two bottles of ink you posted in the NY thread. :D

prolly just some old bingo marker right? :haha:

[attachmentid=32102] + [attachmentid=32103]

=

.[attachmentid=32104]

I guess if the inks already come together mixed and always came with a mop when you bought two and not just some one week deal, then it might be worth it. although since I already have the two inks and a mop seperate, I can mix them in my own fraction. be it more permanent and ghosting for insides, unfading for outsides, or whatever.

i'd rather get it the two seperate from artprimo and save a few dollars. i'll be able to mix them to whatever fraction I wish instead of buying the same inks already mixed and paying a few more dollars to get the same stuff just labeled different. :tongue:

graphic_thoughts004019.jpg.3415952f3f15251722e445743fd9d6cd.jpg

mrkr2.gif.ca9fe867112d2655b070d45288d5049b.gif

a4_1.JPG.0b0c4490d3b537e7cc93465680216168.JPG

Originally posted by icetray@Mar 15 2006, 10:40 PM

^no, thanks anyway.

If that ink is what I really think it is...

then I've already got it:

garvey+marsh

...and together it ghosts and doesn't fade in the sun.

besides, even the bottle looks the same as what garvey comes in. seems to me you just peeled off the garvey one and stuck your own sticker on it.

I'm interested in that mop though. the one you posted wrapped in tape inbetween those two bottles of ink you posted in the NY thread. :D

prolly just some old bingo marker right? :haha:

[attachmentid=32102] + [attachmentid=32103]

=

.[attachmentid=32104]

I guess if the inks already come together mixed and always came with a mop when you bought two and not just some one week deal, then it might be worth it. although since I already have the two inks and a mop seperate, I can mix them in my own fraction. be it more permanent and ghosting for insides, unfading for outsides, or whatever.

i'd rather get it the two seperate from artprimo and save a few dollars. i'll be able to mix them to whatever fraction I wish instead of buying the same inks already mixed and paying a few more dollars to get the same stuff just labeled different. :tongue:

WELL YOULL JUST NEVER KNOW WILL YOU AND IVE SAID IT A FEW TIMES ALLREADY THAT MY PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN GARVEY NOR MARSH AND IF IT DID I WOULD HAVE TO SELL IT FOR WAAAAAAAY MORE TO MAKE ANY KIND OF MONEY BUT WHAT EVER CHIEF DO YOU !!!!!

Originally posted by LethalWeapon@Mar 16 2006, 02:18 PM

hey i got a ? about the otr 1.6...the ink is almost gone and i wana put some krink up in there im pretty sure itll work but im just asking to make sure i dont fuck up my marker

ive been lookin so dont bitch me out about searching

thank you thank you thank you

clean out the rest of the ink with some papertowl or just fill it n go with it.

i just filled mine with montana gold liquid.

umm get a roll on deoderant thingy ang pop the ball out as well as you can without damaging the tube

put house paint in after you have emptied/used the deoderant stuff

add paint thinner more thinner more opaque this is really messy!!!!

get green foam potscrubber thing tear off square and stuff in hole use the deoderant lid to cap

shake 30 seconds before use and always use gloves trust me this is really messy.

i used to fuck with all paint pens and mops etc, and i dunno why but my pens aaalllways used to leak. now i just get stubby metal barreled permenent markers and add good ink when most of the ink that u get with it's used up

i use tweezers to flare out the nib by pulling the fabric of the niv further out to the sides. i flared an edding pen with a 7mm chisel nib, now it writes about 17mm and round.

plus it doesnt leak atall and its tiny and easy to carry around!!

:):):)

Originally posted by DIRTYSEKS@Dec 14 2001, 04:23 PM

has anyone heard of the deoderant marker something like you grab a deoderant stick the empty it out and use chalk board eraser for the tip and add ink dont knowthe exact steps but give it a try expiriment wit it...

same as the chapstick marker ive made one works reallll good wit the pilot ink dont use any otehr ink comes off with the rain tryed the india ink came off with the rain!!

oh man.

interior house paint is latex, 'thinner' is for solvent/oil based paints. do not use latex based paint.

i cant believe people are still talking about brake fluid. christ on a crutch, you kids are all fucking backwards and confused.

don't ask me questions, i wont be back.

i understand principles of KRINK

but how does on achieve these colours?

post-42427-1109441653.jpg

doorinsubwaysteps.jpg

it looks like paint? right?

is it premade shit or is it special concocsion?

shed some love...

oh and apologies if i stole your images

Okay Here is a great marker I found. The Uchida Garden Craft Terra Cotta Marker. I've been going to hardware stores and garden/craft stores for a while now looking for great markers - and this is one of the best i've found. this is what they look like:

210-410.gif

I have four of the medium ones (which are worthless) and one of the jumbo's (this one is AWESOME 15MM!!!!!) . I haven't used an OTR cuz im not gonna order one, but this is the closest you can get. It is REFILLABLE - and it has a pump thus it is pressure sensitive - press down more - more ink flow. One drawback - the Ink or Terra Cotta or paint or whatever u want to call it is WORTHLESS. so what did i do? i just unscrewed the top cleaned out the ink (for some reason - prolly cuz it was so OLD all the metallic stuff had collected on one side of the marker and felt like clay so u really have to clean it)

Then i filled with some Krink i made - now it works like a charm! i'll post pics of mine later. Enjoy!

Oh yeah it costs about 6 bucks but then again michaels has a ton of em.......heheh

1 more thing the gay Garden craft sticker is easy to rip off so it looks cool - other then the ink i haven't made any modifications - and it hasn't leaked yet so its pretty sweet.

yo i know noone's expecting this seeing as im posting in the marker superthread,

but here's an actual way to make a marker! ;)

what you need:

permenent marker, i like the 7mm eddings with short metal barrels, im sure you could use other pens though,

cigarette lighter,

blade/ scissors,

board rubber felt or alternative nib material,

a lid shaped object, some use empty camera film cases but i prefer to find smaller things to use,

duck tape,

get a permanent pen, .

1. pull out the nib.

2. there is plastic casing around the nib which holds the nib in place and then widens to the bit that the cap clicks onto and then there's the pen casing.

3. make a mark a little bit above the bit that the cap clicks on to, then hold a flame such as a lighter under this point to soften the plastic and cut the end of the pen off so that you are left with the main casing of the pen, and a little bit which screws on and off with a big hole where the nib should be.

4. cut a strip of board rubber felt in this shape so that you can squeeze the thinner end into the hole where the nib should be. the thinner part should reach down and touch the felt inside the marker with a slight pressure.

5. squeeze and twist the piece of felt so that it fits in the pen like i said in 4.

6. depending on how low down you cut the top of the pen off, and how fat your nib is, the pens proper lid may well no longer fit on. if it doesnt then get your lid and put duck tape around its rim, sticking it to the pen. (you may want to stick the duck tape to your carpet a few times to weaken the stickyness before putting it on your pen as it can be really strong and not let go of your pen without a fight)

7. if u like, wear some latex gloves and using tweezers pull out the felt from the barrel of the pen and give it a good ringing out to get rid of the rubbish ink inside then put the felt back and add your own ink, being careful not to flood the pen.

tadaaaaa!, its quite a cool pen, small and mobile but with a fat nib, not prone to leaks cos of the felt in the pen's barrell

heres a quick and easy mop:

1.you will need:

any kind of tubed glue pen(I suggest the 89 cent ones)

a small tin of your favorite paint(sky blue 1shot for me)

a very very small amount of thinner(this is only if you want extremely hardcore drips)

a funnel

2.unscrew the top of the glue pen off to reveal the nib, pull that out and remove the safety. dump the glue out and wash and dry it.

3.make your mixture of thinner and paint and put the funnel over the glue pen, slowly pour the mixture into the pen, leaving about a half inch of room at the top.

4.put the nib back on and carry this shit in a plastic bag its messy!!!

but does anyone know how to obtain/make a MINI-WIDE?

• 2 weeks later...