GPS navigation units

M_I

Im looking to get a GPS unit for my car (a portable / plug-n-play joint)

and i was wondering if anyone on teh 12oz had one / could offer advice since there are way

too many models/makes/companies! Help me out!

its gotta be

-easy to use

-accurate!

thanks!

M_I

price isnt that much of an issue, but im not tryin to go broke!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Im looking to get a GPS unit for my car (a portable / plug-n-play joint)

and i was wondering if anyone on teh 12oz had one / could offer advice since there are way

too many models/makes/companies! Help me out!

its gotta be

-easy to use

-accurate!

thanks!

M_I

price isnt that much of an issue, but im not tryin to go broke!

If you're into anything illegal this shit was made to put you behind bars.

You might as well be wearing an ankle bracelet.

You must be Ward Cleaver or some shit to even be considiering buying this shit.

If you're into anything illegal this shit was made to put you behind bars.

You might as well be wearing an ankle bracelet.

You must be Ward Cleaver or some shit to even be considiering buying this shit.

Wtf?! Why I dont know anyone or have heard anyone using tracking from somebodies tom tom to incriminate them in court.

they have tracking sensors on the newly issued us passports too...so what

think of all the man hours it would take to track down people who are doing illegal activities and have a GPS...

i think GPS is a dope invention im getting one for my girl who couldnt find her way home if she was on her own street

My dad had a magellan for a couple years and recently switched to a newer model tomtom. From what he said, the customer service for magellan was absolute shit. they never responded to his emails and didn't do updates very often. Hes only had the tomtom for a couple months, but from what hes told me about it, it sounds like hes a lot happier with it that he was with his old one. They're a godsend when you're in a city that you don't know at all. Much easier than printing off mapquest directions, especially if you take one wrong turn and then are stuck trying to backtrack your way to a certain street or are in a city with lots of one ways or poorly marked streets.

Summary: look into the Tomtoms

whatever you get make sure you get a the most recent model. i got a pioneer from last year and every now and then i punch in an address that didnt exist in 06 so it sucks. for the most part its a pretty nice feature, its a cd/dvd/ player too.

I'd assume all of them have downloadable updates every couple of months, unless you got some bootleg shit.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Tom Tom never lets me down.

I wish they would update the maps more though, sometimes sucks when friends move into a brand new complex and Tom Tom says that shit dont exist.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Most def...gone are the days of being lost, driving in the ghetto almost out of gas. being pissed off.

Best feature about GPS's, traffic avoider. Never am I late for shit anymore, even during rush hour.

so drunken you have heard of people being tracked with these things? what exactly is it that will get you in trouble while being tracked do you think?

"sir, this one has parked next to waaay too many abandoned warehouses, were going to take a closer look" i mean, what is it exactly that would be incriminating about where you're parking, i dont get it.

That's because you're a yuppie from suburban Conneticut.

Some is from the deep ghetto. I am from bridgeport and I wouldn't go to where he is from. :lol:

I have been thinking about getting one of these too. I almost bought a Volvo last year and it had one that popped out of the dash when you pressed a button.

This story had controversy, conspiracy, and pictures. I'm impressed...

I have nothing to add in the GPS arena, but I will say that recently I was on a trip with work folks to a meeting at a video game/bowling alley/sports bar and we were lost. Everyone tried to get us directions:

1) The guy driver had Honda GPS, but hadn't got a new disk. Our destination was not on his older disk but he spent like 20 minutes searching while driving.

2) The other guy in the car called 411 which forwarded him to a phone system, and after 5 minutes it was a dead number.

3) I got on my cell Goggle maps which gave the wrong direction plus the phone number I found was an answering machine.

So, here are three guys using every resource available to get the directions to a spot 30 miles from the office and...

4) The girl in the back calls a friend and gets directions from one of the people there...

Technology sucks.

This story had controversy, conspiracy, and pictures. I'm impressed...

I have nothing to add in the GPS arena, but I will say that recently I was on a trip with work folks to a meeting at a video game/bowling alley/sports bar and we were lost. Everyone tried to get us directions:

1) The guy driver had Honda GPS, but hadn't got a new disk. Our destination was not on his older disk but he spent like 20 minutes searching while driving.

2) The other guy in the car called 411 which forwarded him to a phone system, and after 5 minutes it was a dead number.

3) I got on my cell Goggle maps which gave the wrong direction plus the phone number I found was an answering machine.

So, here are three guys using every resource available to get the directions to a spot 30 miles from the office and...

4) The girl in the back calls a friend and gets directions from one of the people there...

Technology sucks.

^Cosigned. But look at the bright side.

If for whatever reason the pigzors wanted to track any of their activitys, it would be right there on a computer screen! :D

see what? you're proud that you live in a ghetto area? i live in a ghetto area and when people stop by im not like "SEE FOOLS! I LIVE IN THE GHETTO! I TOLD YOU! I WASNT LYING AT ALL!"

it sounds like you're trying to be down with something.

no I really could careless its just funny that the dude mentioned that. I mean shit I still have to hire an armed guard to watch over my yatch everynight and my driver still has to use the club on my jaguar everynight when he drives me out for a night on the town just like the rest of you people.