Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
timber.jpg

i totally assed out on this one. when i was drunk and making up the rules, my piece was going to be epic. with each day that i procrastinated, it got less and less epic, until eventually it became a summer camp t shirt.

i know the word was pause, but i couldnt come up with shit for it.

this is for heavylox, who always hates on the fact that i refuse to mix art and graffiti.

Fuck yeah seeking, I love this.

joker, where are your letters?

i can aways pick them out on your pieces, but you've got me stumped here.

As I started defining the letters for you I very quickly realized I forgot to do the P. I didn't even work one out to begin with. I started the drawing with the A and just went from there. I suck. Anyway...

The red is the A, the blue is the U, the green is the S and the purple is the E. Like old school Graffiti I have been merging one letter to another as a means of camouflage. It makes my work a little more difficult to read but the overall effect is more removed from writing... which is the point... it should say something but not look obvious. Even to those who are familiar with my work.

Knowing I stumped Seeking is good.

pause_clarify.png.c449f8163423ce8091d2e2f455d44d1a.png

pause_abstract.jpg

booo heres me late with pause, i didnt even know this shit was going on till today

iono if ill do an abstract landscape

i feel like such a poser posting in here among all you other guys

i was mucking around, and wrote PAUSE twice

heh :(

may add color

it looks incomplete

Okay, landscape rules:

1. Can be any medium

2. Must have a tree(s) in the scene.

3. Any linework must be one continuous line.

4. Day or night sky

5. At least one building.

(Can be urban or rural.)

Due Friday.

I edited this a few times this morning but this is the final version, so if you saw it when it was first posted, look it over now.

Not quite.

Neither the building or the tree have to have any lines at all. Just if you choose to use line work over broad color strokes/fills the line has to be all one line/connected.

For example, your tree might be an oval of color, no lines.

Your building might be streaks of rectangular color or thick lines of spray paint. No lines there.

If you do use linework (markers, pen, etc.) it has to all be connected as one line.

I guess this one will be a challenge for the illustrative type.

Good luck to all.

P.S. Friday means Friday night.

If not from the same landscape photo ... what about taking a quick photo of your landscape of choice(where possible) ... even a camera phone shot.

To better see how the image relates to its source before the person abstracts it.

Just a thought ...

I had a good idea for Pause but no time to execute it(may still just for the heck of it) I will do my best to be in on time for the landscape.