Ron Paul Revolution!!!!

vanfullofretards

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crooked - Recognize that our "winning" this conversation is not necessarily a good thing. Ron Paul is one of the best Republican candidates to come our way. Welcome to the end of the hype everyone - what can be done in the next few weeks? He still can do it...

The real question is though, where do his followers go if he loses?

10 percent is a really good result there has been no news of Ron Paul whatsoever in the Australian media, while there have been articles about democrats that didn;t even register a single percent in the Iowa caucases. Good to see he owned the dude who has been getting the most media coverage and is on the heels of Mcain.

PS what does everyone think of MCain? I don;t know much about his policies but he seems alright to me, way better than other republicans apart from RP

BAH!

Just learn how to speak fully in barely meaningful buzzwords. Here's an example.

"Tonight, we gather to affirm the greatness of our Nation — not because of the height of our skyscrapers, or the power of our military, or the size of our economy. Our pride is based on a very simple premise, summed up in a declaration made over two hundred years ago:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That is the true genius of America, a faith -- a faith in simple dreams, an insistence on small miracles; that we can tuck in our children at night and know that they are fed and clothed and safe from harm; that we can say what we think, write what we think, without hearing a sudden knock on the door; that we can have an idea and start our own business without paying a bribe; that we can participate in the political process without fear of retribution, and that our votes will be counted -- at least most of the time.

This year, in this election we are called to reaffirm our values and our commitments, to hold them against a hard reality and see how we're measuring up to the legacy of our forbearers and the promise of future generations."

Congrats, you have said and done nothing with this statement. But it sure sounds good...

I don't doubt Paul's ability or intelligence, but I don't think your doubts about Obama are well founded either. What I think is funny is that so many of you think a surgeon would be more apt at protecting the constitution than Obama, who is a constitutional lawyer. From his bio:

"Obama graduated from Columbia University in 1983. In 1991, Obama graduated from Harvard Law School where he was the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review."

And as far as his stances, it isn't hard to find what they are in both his speeches and through the WWW and media. Here's a few examples:

"I opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. It should be repealed and I will vote for its repeal on the Senate floor. I will also oppose any proposal to amend the U.S. Constitution to ban gays and lesbians from marrying."

"In an interconnected world, the defeat of international terrorism – and most importantly, the prevention of these terrorist organizations from obtaining weapons of mass destruction -- will require the cooperation of many nations. We must always reserve the right to strike unilaterally at terrorists wherever they may exist. But we should know that our success in doing so is enhanced by engaging our allies so that we receive the crucial diplomatic, military, intelligence, and financial support that can lighten our load and add legitimacy to our actions. This means talking to our friends and, at times, even our enemies."

"All across the world, in every kind of environment and region known to man, increasingly dangerous weather patterns and devastating storms are abruptly putting an end to the long-running debate over whether or not climate change is real. Not only is it real, it's here, and its effects are giving rise to a frighteningly new global phenomenon: the man-made natural disaster."

"I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer's lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do we need to punish that man for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there's a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair."

If serving in congress or the military makes you a constitutional expert, than working at library makes you an author - proximity is not coorelation. However, my point was not about Paul but it was in defense of Obama as a candidate with an understanding of our system and solid ideas and opinions. I used his constitutional background because I know that is especially important here.

• Like 1

"I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer's lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do we need to punish that man for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there's a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair."

dude sounds like a dick, "hole in his heart"? - prevention not cure

casek why in the fuck is it a positive thing that should be regarded in a presidential run whether you served in an unjust war or not?

because, as a flight surgeon he SAVED YOUNG AMERICANS LIVES. as a doctor of obstetrics in later years, he helps BRING NEW LIFE INTO THE WORLD.

get it?

that was rather snide of you to say that vietnam was an unjust war. we all know that, but you don't have to spit on the men and women who served. they didn't have any choice.

sorry liver, but dont you think it is funny that you are touting obama hussein as a 'constitutional' lawyer when he wants to abolish the second amendment? seems sort of odd... maybe its just me. or that he wants to create the ultimate nanny state or that he wants to use the central government to eliminate 'thought' crimes like racism...

because, as a flight surgeon he SAVED YOUNG AMERICANS LIVES. as a doctor of obstetrics in later years, he helps BRING NEW LIFE INTO THE WORLD.

get it?

that was rather snide of you to say that vietnam was an unjust war. we all know that, but you don't have to spit on the men and women who served. they didn't have any choice.

It is fantastic that he was a flight surgeon and a doctor, with the position of the coma in your sentence i thought you meant he served in a combat role in Vietnam, something of absolutely no positive moral value.

Saying Vietnam was an unjust war isn't spitting in the face of anyone who was conscripted to fight there, I can;t imagine how terrible it would be to be conscripted by a government to fight in a war you think is unjust. However fighting in the war is obviously not something to be proud of either, nor something which puts you above anybody in a political race, something which YOU need to understand...

beign such a strong libertarian as you are i presume you arte dead against conscription?

It is fantastic that he was a flight surgeon and a doctor, with the position of the coma in your sentence i thought you meant he served in a combat role in Vietnam, something of absolutely no positive moral value.

Saying Vietnam was an unjust war isn't spitting in the face of anyone who was conscripted to fight there, I can;t imagine how terrible it would be to be conscripted by a government to fight in a war you think is unjust. However fighting in the war is obviously not something to be proud of either, nor something which puts you above anybody in a political race, something which YOU need to understand...

beign such a strong libertarian as you are i presume you arte dead against conscription?

well, i wouldn't call myself a strong anything, but i do like to try and adhere to the

ideas the founding fathers had. i would also like my country to do the same, not always the case...

the vietnam war, no matter how i feel about it being right or wrong, doesn't change my views on the troops who fought it or gave their lives. i'll always honor them and respect those who passed away as a result of it.

and yes, i'm against the draft.