~~~~~~~~ALRIGHT, what do you geniuses make of this one......

Dirty_habiT

i don't know if there's any proof that there are "billions of universes". not saying there aren't -- but how can you be sure there is?

you should pick up on Lisa Randall.

http://www.physics.harvard.edu/people/facpages/randall.html

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/bios/randall.html

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/profile/story/0,11109,1510700,00.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if there's any proof that there are "billions of universes". not saying there aren't -- but how can you be sure there is?

i obviously cant prove it, but i read it in my high school textbook back in the day.....i was tripping because i was stuck on the fact that there were "billions" and not just "millions"

i just keep hoping that alien life is intelligent enough to steal from more intelligent life and come here....but the aliens that come here are dumbasses. like big stupid aliens.

that would be awesome.

:lol::lol:

....if we are to believe all of the abduction stories, then we agree with the fact that they are intelligent enough....especially since people who get "abducted" say that they have sperm samples taken from them for analysis...lol.

Maybe so, but it states "she is professor of theoretical physics."

Nothing seen or proven.

I'm just saying, the visible universe as we know it (according to the top astrophysicists) is 14 billion light years across. We know nothing beyond that. The rest is just theory, hypotheses, and guesswork.

:lol::lol:

....if we are to believe all of the abduction stories, then we agree with the fact that they are intelligent enough....especially since people who get "abducted" say that they have sperm samples taken from them for analysis...lol.

hell! who knows. we also know that we can stimulate certain areas of the brain to trigger "abduction" like experiences. even alien presences.

these people could have abnormally high amounts of dopamine or tryptamines flashing through their brains.

or, they could be being abducted by aliens. i don't know.

Maybe so, but it states "she is professor of theoretical physics."

Nothing seen or proven.

I'm just saying, the visible universe as we know it (according to the top astrophysicists) is 14 billion light years across.

i was just making a suggestion to caligula. if he likes thinking about multiple universes, professor randall is the woman for him to read up on. quantum theory is great.

these people could have abnormally high amounts of dopamine or tryptamines flashing through their brains.

true....thats what scientists say about near death experiences....a bunch of dopamines binding like crazy to their receptors causing hallucinations....

the only thing is some people who have been "abducted" in groups all account the same story...but this could be a result of being influenced by hearing what other members in the group were saying.

true....thats what scientists say about near death experiences....a bunch of dopamines binding like crazy to their receptors causing hallucinations....

the only thing is some people who have been "abducted" in groups all account the same story...but this could be a result of being influenced by hearing what other members in the group were saying.

yeah, that's what they say, but they still don't completely understand the brain.

hell, it functions a full 2 minutes (is that right?) after organic death.

i'm aware of those abductions stories where groups of people describe the same thing.

don't know how to explain it. something is happening. who knows what.

cattle mutilations used to intrigue me. don't think anyone has ever solved those.

yeah, that's what they say, but they still don't completely understand the brain.

hell, it functions a full 2 minutes (is that right?) after organic death.

Havent heard about that. I have heard the stories of decapitations during the french revolution with the guillotine (sp?) and how the eyes blink and move after being cut off, but i think those are just nerve impulses.

still though...i was talking with a friend of a friend who is doing his 6th year of neurosurgery residency, and he was telling me that all the brain functions are definately not understood yet....pretty dope conversation....he was saying how you can poke certain parts of the brain, creating impulses that cause the patients reflexes to jerk...

like you poke certain locations in the brain, and the patients arm will fly up into the air.

Havent heard about that. I have heard the stories of decapitations during the french revolution with the guillotine (sp?) and how the eyes blink and move after being cut off, but i think those are just nerve impulses.

still though...i was talking with a friend of a friend who is doing his 6th year of neurosurgery residency, and he was telling me that all the brain functions are definately not understood yet....pretty dope conversation....he was saying how you can poke certain parts of the brain, creating impulses that cause the patients reflexes to jerk...

like you poke certain locations in the brain, and the patients arm will fly up into the air.

i am seriously considering going into an EKG tech program. brainwaves are fucking awesome to me.

as for the nerve impulses comment, our brain is one big nerve.

sorry, i was wrong. 30 seconds is the limit.

here's what i found about decapitation and the brain

"

I apologize that I took so long to answer your question.The answer is that

if a person can perceive sensation or think after decapitation, these

perceptions or thoughts only persist for about 5-30 seconds. This estimate

is based on two pieces of evidence. First, deprivation of oxygen to the

brain for about 10 seconds causes a loss of consciousness in humans, at

which point there is no conscious perception.

Second, studies in rats have investigated the persistence of electrical

brain activity after decapitation using an electroencephalogram (EEG).

These studies were originally performed to determine whether decapitation

was a humane method of killing the animal without anesthetic. These

techniques are occasionally necessary to avoid the effects of anesthetics

on the body tissue being studied. By 30 seconds after decapitation, there

was no electrical activity, indicating complete brain death. However, up to

15 seconds following decapitation, it was found that electrical activity

similar to that in the waking brain or during the rapid-eye movement (REM)

phase of sleep was present.

It is somewhat difficult to interpret this activity. The EEG signal in

waking or REM sleep is characterized by different regions of the brain

working asynchronously (out of phase)and at higher frequencies, whereas

deep sleep is characterized by synchronous (in phase) and lower

frequency activity throughout the brain. However, when neurons are injured,

which would likely occur following decaptitation, they often respond with a

higher frequency discharge of electrical activity. It is possible that this

is the response observed in the post-decapitation EEG. Concerning

perception and thought during the 15 seconds in which waking-like EEG

activity is present, I can suggest a grisly experiment that could attempt

to answer the question. In normal animals, sensory activation such as a

light or sound will cause a noticeable change in the EEG activity over the

appropriate portion of the skull. So if the animal could be decapitated

while recording EEG responses to sensory stimuli, it might be able to

address whether the animals can still sense for a few seconds."

i am seriously considering going into an EKG tech program. brainwaves are fucking awesome to me.

as for the nerve impulses comment, our brain is one big nerve.

sorry, i was wrong. 30 seconds is the limit.

here's what i found about decapitation and the brain

that was a crazy read...i dont think decapitation is a humane way to execute someone.

yeah...5-15 seconds sounds more correct than two minutes....

oh and EKG doesnt mean EEG....ekg is for the heart...electrocardiogram.

that was a crazy read...i dont think decapitation is a humane way to execute someone.

yeah...5-15 seconds sounds more correct than two minutes....

oh and EKG doesnt mean EEG....ekg is for the heart...electrocardiogram.

whoops. another error. i did mean EEG.

I just am

a bit skeptical that someone would spend so much time and go to such lengths to fake something like this.

Not to say it doesn't ever happen, I'm sure there's nerds that have spent a lot of time making something up like this,

but statistics will tell that it's not possible for EVERY single reporting of something like this is fake.

you have smoked way too much weed in your life.

you have smoked way too much weed in your life.

That's not really on topic.

There are MANY many many ufo conspiracy videos on youtube that are worth watching...

and they are coming from reputable sources. If I can find some of the good ones I will link them here later when I'm at work.

Pretty much everything that needed to be said has been said. These are very well done, only the lighting seems a bit off on some (example: ship here should be fainter, lighter and bluer given the apparent distance), and it's not really all that noticeable. Oh, and in the first picture the ship seems to have switched right/left sides.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Shit, I cant find the picture that Dirty Hrblz had, but it was something like this

ghost_goo045.jpg

except Dirty Hrblz was in it

when i was in 9th grade my buddy and i wrapped two paper plates and a bowl in foil and then glued them together. we then put a screw in the top and attached it to fishing line and took various pictures on my street. one of the picture came out really, really well so i decided to take it to school and try to convince people it was real which turned out to be a pretty funny experience in how gullible people are....i wish i still had the picture. it was on some grimey 70's ufo steez....

anyway, this thread makes me want to do it again using the capabilites of the internet just to see how far i could get it out there.

Maybe thats part of the "phenomenon."

People either want to fake it just to see if they can.

Or... People want others to believe in UFO's, but can't

prove they exist, so they do their best to give you something

to believe in. I don't subscribe to the second idea totally... but

I wouldn't be surprised if that was motive for some hoax's.

Ectoplasm flick please!

hey Dirty you ever hear the Philadelphia Experiment show.... are they still talking about the lord maitreya and how hes gonna take over?

Nope... please elaborate.

And that's pretty funny Boogie, that's good clean fun. If you do, I'd like to see what you come up with.

Maybe some other members here, who are savvy, can recreate some "ufo" scenes to look legitimate using digital tools...

It'd be interesting to say the least.