~~~~~~~~ALRIGHT, what do you geniuses make of this one......

Dirty_habiT

Ok, well since you all seem to think/know this is a fake... what are your thoughts on life from other planets? I just am

a bit skeptical that someone would spend so much time and go to such lengths to fake something like this.

Not to say it doesn't ever happen, I'm sure there's nerds that have spent a lot of time making something up like this,

but statistics will tell that it's not possible for EVERY single reporting of something like this is fake.

So, just wanted to throw that out there, what do you all think. I personally think that it would be HIGHLY selfish to think

that we are the sole life forms in this vast universe.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude that shit is a fake, it looks like a 3d composite.

Pretty much every reasonable person with an IQ higher than a grapefruit believes there is more than likely life somewhere else. But what statistics are you talking about?

of course there is life somewhere out there....it might not be little green men....it might be a form of bacteria, or small animals.....it could even be people similar to us....

the point is this...since the universe is soooo vast (some say endless), the possibility for the right conditions to create life (in some form or another) definately exists.

Ok, well since you all seem to think/know this is a fake... what are your thoughts on life from other planets? I just am

a bit skeptical that someone would spend so much time and go to such lengths to fake something like this.

Not to say it doesn't ever happen, I'm sure there's nerds that have spent a lot of time making something up like this,

but statistics will tell that it's not possible for EVERY single reporting of something like this is fake.

So, just wanted to throw that out there, what do you all think. I personally think that it would be HIGHLY selfish to think

that we are the sole life forms in this vast universe.

i don't see how it's far-fetched to realize that people will go through great lengths to do hoaxes. as long as it brings about media attention and controversy, for fame/attention/recognition, etc...

i don't think all of them are hoaxes, but certainly a lot of them are.

as for aliens, sure, i believe. it's just a matter of whether or not you believe

they care about or can get to our little corner of the universe.

Many of the crop circles in the UK (where the phenomenom began), were proven to be hoaxes at the height of its popularity, and soon thereafter the crop-circle fad began to die off, with less sightings and reports. Coincidence? I think not.

As far as aliens on other planets -- I thought you already made a thread not long ago saying you had proof that life on Mars existed.

But yeah, it would seem that it's actually more unfathomable to think that extraterrestrial life DOESN'T exist.

Many of the crop circles in the UK (where the phenomenom began), were proven to be hoaxes at the height of its popularity, and soon thereafter the crop-circle fad began to die off, with less and reports. Coincidence? I think not.

As far as aliens on other planets -- I thought you already made a thread not long ago saying you had proof that life on Mars existed.

But yeah, it would seem that it's actually more unfathomable to think that extraterrestrial life DOESN'T exist.

water on mars. there's lots of it. never said a thing about life.

science. neat-o.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_water_000620.html

crop circles have been happening for hundreds of years in the UK.

water on mars. there's lots of it. never said a thing about life.

science. neat-o.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_water_000620.html

crop circles have been happening for hundreds of years in the UK.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4997888&postcount=3

i knew my memory wasn't that bad

crop circles were reported sporadically in the UK centuries ago, but it didn't become a phenomena till the 70's/80's. the originators and hoaxers in the 70's already confessed that it was a hoax.

that was the water on mars thread. water IS one of the building blocks required for life.

i said we should "assume".

we should.

some theorize that life on earth is made from extraterrestrial debris blasted into our galaxy by a meteor or comet strike on one of the nearby planets.

i can't wait for amino tests to be done on that mars water.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4997888&postcount=3

i knew my memory wasn't that bad

crop circles were reported sporadically in the UK centuries ago, but it didn't become a phenomena till the 70's/80's. the originators and hoaxers in the 70's already confessed that it was a hoax.

people confess to things all of the time.

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20030430-000002.html

wouldnt it be possible that a planet exists with life that doesnt need water though?

we need water, because of our biology...the biology of other life can differ in a way where they dont necessarily need water to survive.

present knowledge of life is what i'm going by. not to say that is completely correct.

it is a key to living organisms. don't think on a necessarily large scale like humans. it could be that it is microscopic (as the mars rock samples from the late 90's indicated).

it really doesn't matter if it's a dumb animal or a microscopic organism.

i will still think it's neater than fuck when we find it (or it finds us).

life is life.

didnt they just find a planet that is very similar to earth..i remember reading or hearing that a few days ago.....i hope there is other life out there....imagine if we were all the universe had to offer

they think so. it gives off the signatures that indicate a possibly oxygen rich planet.

it's pretty far away, though.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/04/25/habitable.planet.ap/index.html

that was the water on mars thread. water IS one of the building blocks required for life.

i said we should "assume".

we should.

some theorize that life on earth is made from extraterrestrial debris blasted into our galaxy by a meteor or comet strike on one of the nearby planets.

i can't wait for amino tests to be done on that mars water.

why should we assume?

assumptions will only form subjectivity and bias.

we should be as objective as possible -- that we simply do not know if there was life on mars. and there has only been "evidence" of water by judging from the soil evidence. the only way we can know for sure is if we find the water itself or the life itself (dead organism or otherwise)

wouldnt it be possible that a planet exists with life that doesnt need water though?

we need water, because of our biology...the biology of other life can differ in a way where they dont necessarily need water to survive.

perhaps, but many feel water is a universal compound needed to sustain life. i have to agree. it's hard to imagine lifeforms existing without water.

present knowledge of life is what i'm going by. not to say that is completely correct.

it is a key to living organisms. don't think on a necessarily large scale like humans. it could be that it is microscopic (as the mars rock samples from the late 90's indicated).

yeah...i remember seeing this on the news in the late 90's after they snapped pictures of the remnants of a stream....we even talked about it in school. So far, from what we presently know, life needs water to exist...i have a feeling there is life out there that doesnt need water to exist...a life form that might solely rely on carbon dioxide for example.

just my theory though.

also another theory i have:

Everything living is "organic" and carbon based. For example....if you look at the molecular level of any living being on earth, it is made up of mostly carbons...

im sure there is life out there that is based on another element....like nitrogen based life.

/end rant

perhaps, but many feel water is a universal element needed to sustain life. i have to agree. it's hard to imagine lifeforms existing without water.

true...i agree...in our universe this might be true.....but there are billions of universes, so im pretty sure that one of those universes can have life without the presence of water.

yeah...i remember seeing this on the news in the late 90's after they snapped pictures of the remnants of a stream....we even talked about it in school. So far, from what we presently know, life needs water to exist...i have a feeling there is life out there that doesnt need water to exist...a life form that might solely rely on carbon dioxide for example.

just my theory though.

also another theory i have:

Everything living is "organic" and carbon based. For example....if you look at the molecular level of any living being on earth, it is made up of mostly carbons...

im sure there is life out there that is based on another element....like nitrogen based life.

/end rant

could be. hopefully we'll all be around to see who is right and who is wrong.

it'll be a neat moment.

i just keep hoping that alien life is intelligent enough to steal from more intelligent life and come here....but the aliens that come here are dumbasses. like big stupid aliens.

that would be awesome.