VIRGINIA TECH MASSACRE + HAMMER POSE PICS

Thought_Monster

Re: VIRGINIA TECH SHOOTING

NIGGAS ALWAYS BODY THEYSELF AFTER SOME SHIT LIKE THIS. BASIC. WHAT ELSE YOU GONNA DO? YOU AINT RACKIN POWDERS, YOU SHOOTIN NIGGAS IN THE FACIAL, YOU AINT GONNA GET AWAY WITH THE SHIT. THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS GO OUT LIKE A G AND HAVE A SHOOTOUT WITH PO. THE SHIT I DONT GET IS, HOW WACK DOES YOUR LIFE HAVE TO BE FOR YOU TO OFF YOURSELF? I KNOW CRACKHEADS WHO SMOKE RESIDUE, GOT 2 TEETH AND EAT SHIT THEY FIND UNDER THE SEATS ON THE 6 TRAIN AND THEY DONT MERK THEYSELF. SO WHY DID YOU DO IT HOMIE? DID YOUR GIRLFRIEND DUMP YOU? DID YOU FAIL CHEMISTRY? WHAT A FUCKING CORN. THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE BRONX. NOBODY SHOOTIN UP BCC OR LEHMAN. IF YOU GET SHOT OUT HERE YOU WAS SUPPOSED TO GET SHOT. YOU HEAR GUNSHOTS AND YOU GO IN YOUR CRIB AND IF YOU STAY OUTSIDE YOU EITHER A VICTIM OR YOU GOT A ILL STORY TO TELL NIGGAS THE NEXT DAY.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on a side note,

im impressed he got so many people. those other school shootings where they only killed a few people and had automatic weopons, that shit was extra lame.

i heard the shooters screen name on xbox 360 was ASIANAFTERMATH11.

before the gun amnesty and ultra strict gun control in australia you would occasionally hear of people walking into shopping malls, offices etc and shooting random victims (much the same as happens in the states), but since all the laws changed i don't even remember one event happening.

will strict gun laws prevent all gun crime? no. but will it drastically reduce gun crime? undoubtably yes

One some other forum I was on earlier somebody published this article and I have absolutely no idea of the reliability of the stats presented, but here's a quote:

Australia saw its violent crime rates soar after its 1996 Port Arthur gun -control measures banned most firearms. Violent crime rates averaged 32% higher in the six years after the law was passed (from 1997 to 2002) than they did the year before the law went into effect. Armed robbery rates increased 74%. Australia's violent crime rate is also now double America's.

Sounds like bullshit to me, but just saying.

theres a difference between actual crime rate and the ammount of statistical gathering.

ViolentByDesign, dude im not faulting you for trying to act tough and insensitive on the interweb because thats that the WWWs all about. But calling someone emo for not holding Virginia in high regard... Ill leave it to you to back and fill on that one.

fuck, i just got home and turned on the news and saw this shit. this shit is worse than columbine, judging by the death toll. plus, this wasn't even a public high school, this was a "higher learning" university. whenever i'm on a college campus i feel very safe... but at my public high school it wouldn't have surprised me if there would've been a shooting that day

Voices From Campus

As news of the horrific shooting spree spread across campus, the Virginia Tech community came to grips with the magnitude of the tragedy.

Updated: 4:02 p.m. PT April 16, 2007

Laura Anne Spaventa is a 20-year-old sophomore at Virginia Tech studying communications and fashion merchandising. She was in a media writing class at Shanks Hall when a university-wide email arrived, announcing a shooting nearby. “I didn’t think much of it,” she said. “There had been bomb threats and another shooting. It wasn’t real yet.” Soon after, another email arrived-this one urging students to stay put because “a gunman was on the loose,” she said. “Then, we heard five gunshots.” The professor locked the door, turned out the lights and “we all moved away from the windows and under our desks. It was very scary.”

Spaventa began text-messaging her brother, using her screen name “blueiyed” and her brother’s, “chiknman.” Early on, her mother joins the conversation-writing some messages under the brother’s screen name before switching to her own, “MyLittleMommy.” [The screen names have been shortened at the participants’ request]. What follows is a transcript of their exchanges:

blueiyed (10:37:35 AM): ug?

chiknman (10:37:10 AM): ey joke

chiknman (10:37:24 AM): day haha

chiknman (10:37:28 AM): snow day*

blueiyed (10:39:25 AM): i'm on lockdown under a desk right now..there's been shootings on campus and 1 person has been killed and another injured

chiknman (10:38:54 AM): wtf?

chiknman (10:38:57 AM): at vt?

blueiyed (10:40:33 AM): yeh put cnn on

chiknman (10:39:07 AM): what the shit

blueiyed (10:40:51 AM): watch the news and tell me whats going on

chiknman (10:39:44 AM): they dont have it on there

chiknman (10:39:48 AM): ill check other stations

blueiyed (10:42:17 AM): ok its on the news tho i promise b/c drew was telling me then he had to go to class

chiknman (10:41:18 AM): ya its on fox news

chiknman (10:41:19 AM): 1 sec

blueiyed (10:42:58 AM): ok

chiknman (10:42:19 AM): moms here

chiknman (10:42:36 AM): hey

blueiyed (10:44:06 AM): ok i tried calling her

chiknman (10:42:40 AM): what's going on now

blueiyed (10:44:25 AM): we can hear cops outside talking on loud phones

chiknman (10:43:00 AM): there's a gunman who shot someone

chiknman (10:43:05 AM): they said he's near the dorms

blueiyed (10:44:44 AM): apparently an ra was shot and 2 pewople jumped from the building and one person walked out bloody of burress

chiknman (10:43:34 AM): that's the building they are showing

chiknman (10:43:42 AM): reporter in pritcher hall

blueiyed (10:45:21 AM): no it happened in west aj [

chiknman (10:44:08 AM): hang on

chiknman (10:44:57 AM): west ambler johnston hall

blueiyed (10:46:31 AM): yeh

chiknman (10:45:01 AM): is he still there?

blueiyed (10:46:39 AM): yeh apparently

chiknman (10:49:13 AM): are you class or at home

blueiyed (10:51:00 AM): im in class under a desk

chiknman (10:49:36 AM): oh dear god

blueiyed (10:51:13 AM): yeh

chiknman (10:49:47 AM): what happened

blueiyed (10:51:17 AM): my thoughts exactly

blueiyed (10:51:40 AM): we heard the cops outside on their mega phones so we turned the lights off and drew the blinds and go on the floor

chiknman (10:50:33 AM): how did you know what was going on and to get down

blueiyed (10:52:22 AM): b/c we were getting e-mails from the university

chiknman (10:52:08 AM): oh

blueiyed (10:53:55 AM): OMG

blueiyed (10:54:14 AM): i just found out the 1st shooting happened at 7:15 we didn't get a damn e-mail until 9:30!!

chiknman (10:52:49 AM): is the teacher taking charge or is someone in communication w/ the outside

blueiyed (10:54:44 AM): yeh hes been calling and getting updates and our doors are locked, lights off and blinds shit

chiknman (10:54:49 AM): you mean shut or is shit a Fruedian slip ;-)

chiknman (10:55:01 AM): what class is this?

chiknman (10:55:16 AM): and you thought h.s. taught you lessons

blueiyed (10:57:47 AM): shut shoot...media writing we're all like writing articles about it..yeh seriously like this is such terrible press for us i can't believ this

chiknman (11:00:09 AM): don't worry about the press. Worry about surviving

blueiyed (11:02:05 AM): unconfirmed report from campous spokesperson: 2 people have been apprehended , 2 people killed

chiknman (11:01:00 AM): are they killed students?

chiknman (11:01:11 AM): who are the apprehended

blueiyed (11:02:43 AM): yeh i htink so i'm not sure

blueiyed (11:02:46 AM): i don't know

chiknman (11:01:26 AM): do i have the ability to log on to vt website and get the news?

chiknman (11:01:37 AM): what's the site

blueiyed (11:03:24 AM): this is what i'm hearing in class

blueiyed (11:04:25 AM): 5-6 gunshots outside my building =-O

chiknman (11:03:13 AM): right now - shooting?

blueiyed (11:06:13 AM): like 5 mins ago

blueiyed (11:06:45 AM): 7-8 casualities

chiknman (11:09:31 AM): are they students?

chiknman (11:10:59 AM): they said there were 2 shootings

chiknman (11:11:09 AM): one at 7:15 and the other at 10 ish

chiknman (11:11:19 AM): they said they have one person in custody

blueiyed (11:13:43 AM): apprently they have 2 in custodyu

blueiyed (11:15:08 AM): we just got this e-mail

blueiyed (11:15:09 AM): In addition to an earlier shooting today in West Ambler Johnston, there has been a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall.

[The conversation is interrupted while the three exchange news forwarded from friends]

Police and EMS are on the scene.

Police have one shooter in custody and as part of routine police procedure, they continue to search for a second shooter.

All people in university buildings are required to stay inside until further notice.

All entrances to campus are closed.

[The conversation resumes]

blueiyed (11:19:10 AM): apparently a gf and bf were in a fight and an ra came in and told them to keep it down and the guy shot the ra in the leg and killed the girl

chiknman (11:18:31 AM): great!

chiknman (11:18:45 AM): why did he have a gun on campus?

blueiyed (11:20:44 AM): good ques

MylittleMommy (12:10:57 PM): are you there?

MylittleMommy (12:11:02 PM): what hall are you in now?

blueiyed (12:14:44 PM): still in shanks

blueiyed (12:15:01 PM): we aren't allowed to leave anymore

MylittleMommy (12:15:46 PM): why

blueiyed (12:17:29 PM): 20 fatalities

MylittleMommy (12:16:20 PM): dead or wounded

blueiyed (12:17:56 PM): dead

MylittleMommy (12:17:32 PM): Fox said 21 wounded / 1 dead

MylittleMommy (12:17:43 PM): the hospital is giving out this information so it's correct

blueiyed (12:20:03 PM): no this was just updated

MylittleMommy (12:18:34 PM): the president is coming on the air to give a news recap of events

blueiyed (12:20:51 PM): 1 person believed to be shooter is killed

MylittleMommy (12:21:31 PM): who killed him - the police? was the shooter a student?

blueiyed went away at 12:21:55 PM.

MylittleMommy(12:21:58 PM): the police is staging release of the buildings

Auto Response from blueiyed (12:23:28 PM): stranded in shanks..about to have a breakdown why is this happening?

blueiyed (12:23:57 PM): yeh i heard that

MylittleMommy (12:23:36 PM): now they said 20 dead

MylittleMommy (12:23:54 PM): the police chief is very vague with his information - still under investigation is what he's saying

MylittleMommy (12:24:09 PM): any idea when they'll let you out?

blueiyed (12:26:06 PM): i think soion

MylittleMommy (12:24:42 PM): are you okay

MylittleMommy (12:24:50 PM): they're saying they think it was 1 gunman

blueiyed (12:27:34 PM): yeh i'm just freaking out i want to come home i don't want to be here

MylittleMommy (12:27:45 PM): well they have counselors lined up and church service planned for healing. If you want to come home, I'll talk to Dad about a plane ticket.

MylittleMommy (12:27:57 PM): first let's get you out of the building

blueiyed (12:29:35 PM): i might esp if one of my friends was killed or hurt

MylittleMommy (12:28:11 PM): okay

blueiyed (12:29:51 PM): a girl in my cvlass said one of her sorority sisters was shot

MylittleMommy (12:30:25 PM): they're saying the shooter was an asian looking student

MylittleMommy (12:30:37 PM): what sorority

blueiyed (12:32:46 PM): pi phi

MylittleMommy (12:33:01 PM): well, a hysterical mrs brick called work and demanded to speak to me, Dan or have them give them a # where they can reach me. My co-worker called me all shook up saying she needed to talk to me and was a little hysterical

blueiyed (12:34:46 PM): wow

MylittleMommy (12:33:17 PM): aunt michele called all skittery and was asking for you too.

blueiyed (12:34:57 PM): i may be going on cnn to talk

blueiyed (12:35:06 PM): i feel like i'm going to throw up

MylittleMommy (12:34:12 PM): she quizzed my other coworker and told him it was an emergency!

MylittleMommy (12:34:28 PM): Kimmy's vma friend called to see if you are alright.

MylittleMommy (12:34:38 PM): why are you going on cnn?

blueiyed (12:36:54 PM): my friend imed me and asked me if i would want tot alk b/c his friend works for them and they want tot talk to people on campus

MylittleMommy (12:35:55 PM): oh

blueiyed (12:40:03 PM): ok iu'm leaving now i think

blueiyed signed off at 12:38:36 PM.

blueiyed is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

MylittleMommy (12:40:03 PM): r u there

blueiyed went away at 1:33:02 PM.

blueiyed returned at 1:41:25 PM.

blueiyed went away at 1:43:15 PM.

blueiyed signed off at 3:52:46 PM.

Sara Haider, 21, is a junior at Virginia Tech majoring in communications and history. She is also a news editor at the Collegiate Times, the campus newspaper. She was on her way to cover the story when police intercepted her and asked her to step into a locked-down building for security reasons. She spoke with NEWSWEEK’s Eve Conant at 2:45 p.m. Monday.

NEWSWEEK: What are you hearing now? What is the latest?

Sara Haider: The rumor is that this was a student, an Asian American. Thirty-one are already confirmed dead. We don’t really know yet.

What were you doing when this was happening? Were you inside Norris Hall or anywhere near where the shooter was?

I was in class at 9:00 a.m. at Squires Hall. The first shooting was at 7:15. I was on my way to cover the shooting but I was taken into Johnston Hall by police; they told us they had to keep everyone safe and in lockdown.

What was happening in lockdown? What did the police tell you to do?

Everyone was silent. And everyone was confused. We were all told to leave our belongings outside the door. The police didn't know who was doing the shooting yet, and they didn't have time to search through anyone's bags.

How long did you stay in lockdown?

I was there almost 30 minutes. But the police let me go because I'm a member of the press.

Then what happened?

I went outside but got dragged into another lockdown at another building.

Were you scared? What was the mood in lockdown?

The students were all silent inside. They told us to turn all the lights off, to stay down and to stay away from the windows. Students were looking at each other’s laptops, looking for information on what was going on and calling their parents on their cell phones.

Do you know anyone inside when the shooting occurred, or anyone who was hurt?.

Thankfully no, but I heard when it went from 20 to more than 30. I can't believe it. I can't believe it.

Weren't there already bomb threats on campus? Is there some special risk at Virginia Tech?

I don't think Virginia Tech is a dangerous campus. We just don't understand this.

Some are calling this the college Columbine. What does all this mean to you, how could this happen, do you think?

I don't know what any broader meaning is, I just don't. I'm just concerned about safety on campus now. I'm calling friends and trying to make sure everything is OK. So far I don't know anyone who has been hurt.

What's happening now on campus?

I'm not sure. I'm not allowed back on. Everyone has sort of been evacuated.

Andrew Robb, a junior at Virginia Tech and photojournalist who was awakened by the sound of ambulances outside his dorm. He spoke with NEWSWEEK.com's Noelle Chun at 2:45 PM, Monday, April 16.

NEWSWEEK: Can you tell me about how the campus is reacting right now?

Andrew Robb: I live in Cochrane, which is a dorm right next to Ambler Johnston, where one of the shootings happened.

Although I''ve only been around my dorm and Ambler Johnston, a lot of people are walking around in a very surreal state. No one has grasped what's going on. It's surprisingly quiet, at least on this side of campus. It's not too chaotic. There aren't any police officers nearby. Everyone is eating lunch and quietly taking amongst themselves. It's very quiet. The atmosphere is very intense.

How are people finding out about their friends? How are they dealing with that anxiety

It's been such a flurry. I've not had too much opportunity to get in touch with my friends. Everyone in this dorm is not that worried about that, which comes from [a] mixture of the sheer number of people who go to this school…and [the fact that] this is very surreal. I think we haven't even allowed ourselves to be worried about it.

Right now I'm looking at 20-to-30-odd people walking to and from the dining rooms and trying to reconnect with each other. People are walking around in small groups

How did you discover the shootings? What were you doing at the time?

I was sleeping at the time of the shootings. I woke up to all the activity outside-the ambulances, and police cars and things. I live in a first-floor suite facing that dorm (where one of the shootings occurred). So it's all outside my window.

I was about to leave for class, so I saw everything outside. Obviously, at the time, the day's events wouldn't have been known. I’m really into photojournalism, so when something big is going on, my first instinct is to go out. So I went out and took pictures of whatever I saw.

The time on the photographs was 10:11. I was just aware by word of mouth that one person had been shot. That's all that was known at that point.

Alex Semonite, is a 21-year-old political science major who was on campus at the time of the shootings. She was walking toward her dorm past Norris Hall, when she heard shots ring out.

NEWSWEEK: How did this all start for you, where were you?

Alex Semonite: I got out of Shepherd health center around 9:45 a.m. I saw cop cars in front of Ambler Johnston [a campus dorm]. I overhead someone say there had been shooting. Then the cop cars sped down Washington Street and then to West Campus Drive. I started heading back to my dorm, which is right near Norris Hall. Then I heard the shots.

How many shots? What happened then?

I heard shots, then I saw people running across the drill field. Everyone started running. There were about a couple hundred kids, it was between classes. Everyone was confused, some people were shouting to ‘get down, get down.’ There’s a lot of construction in the area, a lot of people thought the sounds might have been that at first.

How many shots did you hear?

I heard two or three before everyone started running. Then the cops closed the intersection and started pushing traffic away and telling us to get out the area. I didn't have a clear view of Norris. I couldn’t tell what was going on. I quickly walked away.

Were you scared?

Not scared, I just didn’t know what was going on. I was confused. I went back to my dorm and we started counting who was there from my floor and who was missing. There were some people missing, but we found them later and they were safe. I can’t really think about myself, I can only think about how hard this is going to be for the families. I’m sitting here watching the death count rise, the number keeps going up. I’m in shock. I’m not afraid to walk out the door. This isn’t some militia campus full of guns or gangs. This is a nice place to be. This was an isolated incident.

What do you think could have sparked this? Have you heard anything from fellow students?

I don’t know. I’d really like to know what was going through the head of the shooter. No matter how bad it is at college it’s not worth more than 30 lives. I heard it was an engineering student. They have a difficult course load, maybe this person was unable to cope with that type of work….Virginia Tech has a really hard engineering department. It's hard to get into and you need to be really dedicated and committed. I imagine there was a lot of pressure on him.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18138907/site/newsweek/

5236476so I'm pretty sure

userinfo.gifsmileinmisery

2007-04-17 12:25 am UTC (link) you're going down in history as the asian kid who everyone thought killed everyone, but really didn't. b/c you posted an entry at 5ish my time. and deleted it. And people, it's not really him. c'mon. The shooter is "dead" he's very much alive. and really, how'd they find the LJ without knowing his identity? it's a hoax! and he ain't tryn' to stop it. he's a celebrity. GASP.

In regards to VA and auto weapons, they are illegal unless you pay some rediculous price for a liscence, a class III firearms liscence. It is very hard to obtain. So, I take back what I said about illegal, but it is very hard to pull off.

I talked to my aunt, and my cousin is OK. Thank god.

for some reason when i first posted on page 1 i said i wasn't shocked by a school shooting and i left it at that. i'm numb to news 24-7 of killings and shit. now that i've read more about this, and the death toll has rise, i'm a little more shocked by this. but not as shocked as i should be for some reason. fuck cnn, fox news, msnb, drudgereport, etc,..etc,...for making me numb to brutality.

in the beginning, yes, but eventually more and more guns will be taken out of circulation. if you are a career (or at least somewhat experienced) criminal you will still be able to get guns,true, but it will become harder and harder for the average joe (or joan) to get a gun. and let's face it, it's not bank robbers that are walking into schools and shooting multiple innocent victims, it's the guy "that you'd least expect" that is doing the shooting.

before the gun amnesty and ultra strict gun control in australia you would occasionally hear of people walking into shopping malls, offices etc and shooting random victims (much the same as happens in the states), but since all the laws changed i don't even remember one event happening.

will strict gun laws prevent all gun crime? no. but will it drastically reduce gun crime? undoubtably yes

Not to turn this thread into a political debate, but the right to keep and bear arms is my constitutional right. Although I don't own any weapons nor have a reason to - as an American, I'm guaranteed this. I think it's time for our society as a whole to look at why people are doing this, not how.

Not to turn this thread into a political debate, but the right to keep and bear arms is my constitutional right. Although I don't own any weapons nor have a reason to - as an American, I'm guaranteed this. I think it's time for our society as a whole to look at why people are doing this, not how.

why people are doing it? two of the main reasons i'd imagine would be:

a. mental illness, coupled with easy access to firearms equals dead people. considering the state of health care, and accessibility to it for the poor, mental illness is nowhere near adequately treated.

b. anger born out of frustration/stress/tragedy/whateverthefuck, coupled with easy access to firearms equals dead people.

let's face it, when columbine happened it was well past due for there to be a re-think of the gun laws in this country. fine, you want your constitutional right to bear arms? so be it. but does that really mean a right to possess (and use) automatic weaponry, assault rifles etc etc? do you really need a hand cannon that can fire 30 rounds a secondr? do you really need 20 guns and 1000 rounds of ammo? i mean, the argument is that a gun is for protecting youself and your family from intruders to your home etc. do you really forsee a small army knocking on your door any time soon?

these incidents continue to happen on an all too frequent basis, and precious little is being done about it. burying your head in the sand or hiding behind the constitution is doing nothing to protect people from this sort of senseless violence. it's time for a different approach

actually, i retract that. there is not a snowflakes chance in hell that gun laws will ever change in this country. in fact they will only get worse, not better as long as organisations like the nra not only exist, but have alot of money and political sway.

so no rest for the dead and no safety for you and me. there are no heroes in 2007, and nobody with integrity to stand up and fight for logic. so let's all sit back and enjoy our society's contiuing descent into oblivion.

I might sound a little crazy, but hell if I got pushed to the point where I had to kill someone, I mean, why stop there? You would want to take down as many as you could before getting caught wouldn't ya?

But you are right, shit is fucked up.

Archived