UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

besides the daley fight most of koschecks recent fights have all been finished in the 1st or 2nd round. What have yall been watching, hes getting better, and when he's outmatched in the standup he takes it to the ground. I think hes pretty exciting to watch usually, not so much in the daley fight, but he is a good match for gsp, obviously a straight standup guy isnt going to do very well

• Like 1

Sooo who has Shogun beating Anderson?

I still aint sold on Shogun. He was impressive against Lyoto the second time, but dam look at what he's done in the UFC so far. He lost too Griffin, looked like shit against Coleman, and beat a washed up Chuck for the first title shot.

If the old Shogun is really back it will be a sweet fight.

Slight edge for Silva on the feet, edge for Shogun on the ground.(or atleast take downs.)

Shogun goes too agressive though, I see him getting counter punched.

THe eND

sm3xux_medium.jpg

In an interview with Carmichael Dave:

CD:
Shogun’s manager recently said that if Randy Couture gets past James Toney, he could see Randy being Rua’s first title defense. Is that a possibility?

Dana White:
The winner of the Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans fight will get the first shot at Shogun.

Check out the full interview at khtk.cbslocal.com.

1265209342284_f.jpg

Paulo Filho blames Bellator for visa issues:

"Honestly, I don’t know. I think maybe people knew I was in a good shape, strong, so they got scared… In fact, I’ve been informed it was a mistake of the event, which didn’t gave me the letter so I could take it to the council. Things were left to be solved at the last minute, unfortunately I won’t fight", said Filho.

"My biggest concern is that people start to think that my absences are because of other things better than from what it actually is… I was training hard, working on my boxing with Distak, conditioning, running on the beach, doing Jiu-Jitsu… It was everything going pretty good, but there’s always something to get in the way", regrets the fighter.

"My fight schedule is full, three fights within 20 days on July. The first is on the 3rd, the second on the 10th and against a guy who has fought with (José) Pelé, and the third I think is between Marvin Eastman or Denis Kang, on 18th", reveals the black belt. "There is enough time left, but I believe that all the bureaucracy is for the best… To get into America is pretty hard".

HT: tatame.com

I wouldn't say Rampage is a douche (certainly no more that Evans) but you didn't really need to watch TUF to know he's a little off, lest we forget this:

rampsx_682x400_532203a.jpg

I hope he wins.

As for Bellator, I've been watching it a bit here & there. They don't have a ton of big names but I like watching MMA and it has its moments. It's certainly better than watching much of the reality based TV show crap or bad dramas/sitcoms that are on that night.

wrestling > any other fighting style

not to say that its the most exciting, but a world class wrestler is going to beat the best striker in the world every day of the week.

i hate the lay and pray technique used by gsp, kos, shields, but real wrestlers know, you aint shit if you cant wrestle.

Dont post any Bellator shit, its not even a real leauge.

Any predictions on the most hyped fight ever??!!!

Rampage vs Evans

Go!

uh...no.

1zb6oea.jpg

Marcus Davis vs. Nate Diaz in the works for UFC 118:

"Sources close to the promotion say the two have verbally agreed to the fight with bout agreements expected to be signed shortly."

Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis (17-6)

Win Jonathan Goulet - TKO (Punches) UFC 113

Loss Ben Saunders - KO (Knees) UFC 106

Loss Dan Hardy - Decision (Split) UFC 99

Nate Diaz (12-5)

Win Rory Markham - TKO (Punches) UFC 111

Loss Gray Maynard - Decision (Split) UFC FN 20

Win Melvin Guillard - Submission (Guillotine Choke) UFC FN 19

HT: mmajunkie.com

daley already gots plans

mma_e_koscheck-daley008_800.jpg

In an interview with MMA Weekly, Paul Daley says he is moving on after being released by the UFC, following his UFC 113 post-fight attack on Josh Koscheck:

"That’s it. All over. I got my walking papers this morning and I am glad that things are now official. It’s a shame things went the way they did, but on the brighter side of things it opens up a lot more doors for me," exclaimed the British bruiser, adding that his next venture into combat will be on the other side of the world.

"I am fighting on a pay-per-view show in Australia on July 3 with a lot of other big names, and I have other offers in the pipeline."

"My plan is to string a couple of fights together before the end of the summer and hopefully get on one of the grand prix shows. We’re currently talking to both Dream and Sengoku about getting a slot on their shows and there are some really good fighters there I can match-up with."

"Boxing is still an option," added Daley. "One of my training partners is Rendall Munroe and his trainer is currently speaking to (boxing promoter) Frank Maloney on my behalf. I want to do both, fight MMA and get my boxing up to speed, but I want to do them concurrently."

Photo: Ed Mulholland at ESPN

• Like 1

WTF is up with Dana White and his knee jerk reactions? I agree something needed too be addressed but for real dudes an ego maniac. Why doesnt he wait too think on shit?

He went too Anderson Silva's corner, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOUT!.

He needs too take his time and think about business.

Ofcourse, he is a badass and built the sport where it is today.... but do people in business act like this??

He knows what hes doing, in reguards to letting this clown go, he needed to make an example that THIS type of behavior is a no no, especially after that brawl 3weeks ago where Dana said "youll never see that in the UFC" Well, foot in mouth.

And him running over to Silvas corner was silly, but in his best interest he needed to see a finish by Silva. Didnt happen and everyone is still a fan of Silva. but he has the "business" best interests in mind.