UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

He knows what hes doing, in reguards to letting this clown go, he needed to make an example that THIS type of behavior is a no no, especially after that brawl 3weeks ago where Dana said "youll never see that in the UFC" Well, foot in mouth.

And him running over to Silvas corner was silly, but in his best interest he needed to see a finish by Silva. Didnt happen and everyone is still a fan of Silva. but he has the "business" best interests in mind.

I can agree. I like dana, his prefight blogs are cool. He built this sport up.

I just think sometimes he lets his ego get in the way, and speaks his mind before he thinks things through.

Daley made a bad choice, but he announced it 10 minutes later...

BTW I got Page.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yes, especially for all the shit that Overeem talks about Fedor.

Fedor aint worried though, in a recent interview he said that Overeem was under estimating the shape that he is in and Fedor pretty much told the reporters that Overeem needs to train more if he even thinks he has a chance to beat Fedor

wrestling > any other fighting style

not to say that its the most exciting, but a world class wrestler is going to beat the best striker in the world every day of the week.

i hate the lay and pray technique used by gsp, kos, shields, but real wrestlers know, you aint shit if you cant wrestle.

homie you dont even know what the fuck your saying .. just stop it please

He knows what hes doing, in reguards to letting this clown go, he needed to make an example that THIS type of behavior is a no no, especially after that brawl 3weeks ago where Dana said "youll never see that in the UFC" Well, foot in mouth.

And him running over to Silvas corner was silly, but in his best interest he needed to see a finish by Silva. Didnt happen and everyone is still a fan of Silva. but he has the "business" best interests in mind.

silva isnt interested in the comp he is given and daley is an idiot from the gate .. he has had the dumb ass mentality from his first fight in ufc. he is an idiot that aint professional . if you put top competition in front of silva he will eat them alive wait till sonnen trys for this shit he will get smashed in the bay too.

Dana White was thinking business w/ Silva. It's not worth much to have one of the best # for # fighters if he doesn't perform to the fullest. I'm not knocking Silva, he really hasn't had a suitable opponent in a minute so he can lay back and fuck around, makes me laugh at White getting uber frustrated. As for Daley, it was entertaining to watch but still a lame move, and who really cares about him anyhow?

you are right only reason i spoke on it was all these people like why they cut him . they cut him cause he is a one dimensional fighter . he aint got shit on anyfighters with any type of ground game. dana white just needs to step up the comp for silva cause silva is gonna smash sonnens dumbass

I don't even know what you are upset about, you mad a dumb comment you get a dumb response. But I guess it was something big because for a person "not on this forum a lot" You have been lurking in this thread for the past 40 minutes hoping for a response.

So stay mad at nothing, it gets you far in life tough guy

Strikeforce thoughts?

Jacare got exposed

Arlovski needs to quit

Rogers needs to quit

Villasenor pwns

Bigfoot wasn't too impressive

Randleman hasn't progressed in 10 years

Cavalcante is a beast

That Jacare fight was pretty one dimensional. If Villasenor would have controlled the fight more he would have one no contest. Jacare was doing great in the first round and gassed out towards the end, get on the bike man.

Arlovski...man, I have a bias towards him. I think he is a great fighter but his mind is not right. He should have put his hands up more, he should have tried for the shoot more. I dont know what he was thinking, but QUIT? Nah, its not like he is a washed up fighter that he is tired. He just needs to reassess and get back into the game.

Rogers needs to quit?? You just want everyone to give up huh? Again, he was fighting Overeem who is a beast in the MMA game. Everyone knew he was defeated when he stepped in the ring. So he, like Arlovski just needs to reassess his game and keep training

Right on Bigfoot, I was not impressed with his performance (insert GSP.gif)

That Jacare fight was pretty one dimensional. If Villasenor would have controlled the fight more he would have one no contest. Jacare was doing great in the first round and gassed out towards the end, get on the bike man.

Arlovski...man, I have a bias towards him. I think he is a great fighter but his mind is not right. He should have put his hands up more, he should have tried for the shoot more. I dont know what he was thinking, but QUIT? Nah, its not like he is a washed up fighter that he is tired. He just needs to reassess and get back into the game.

Rogers needs to quit?? You just want everyone to give up huh? Again, he was fighting Overeem who is a beast in the MMA game. Everyone knew he was defeated when he stepped in the ring. So he, like Arlovski just needs to reassess his game and keep training

Right on Bigfoot, I was not impressed with his performance (insert GSP.gif)

As far as Arlovski goes,

quit? yes.

Not forever though, but how the fuck does he go train with Freddie Roach and be crisp strong confident Arlovski then show up like that? Something is going on inside of him preventing him from being worthwhile to himself or anyone else and imo he needs a good break to figure this out, he has even been seeing a sports psychologist, who, I might add seems to be doing nothing for him.

Rogers, I just think he's becoming a joke and needs to take some time to learn what mma is.

yo arlovski had no lateral movement and was going straight back. those back to back knockouts are definately still fucking with him. Jacare is a scary good grappler but didnt try any sub attempts? then he gassed this card was better than the cbs card at least. Roger Gracie looked terrible with the hands. This whole argument of strikeforce vs. the ufc is pretty much garbage until strikeforce steps up the level of their fighters(i know easier said than done with the limited amount of talent).

first 10 fights confirmed for UFC 116

Main Card

- Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin

- Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

- Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown

- Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar

- George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Preliminary Card

- Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer

- Goran Reljic vs. Kendall Grove

- Paul Kelly vs. Jacob Volkmann

- Daniel Roberts vs. Julio Paulino