I'm baffled. Plz explain.

PERMAFRIED_

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
There was a reason for segregation. You'd think the dumbasses would learn considering from 1910-1970 whites would just run their asses over.

Haha...Mero's a frosty.

Naw, my racist klantress, the whole "blacks acting loud and ghetto" didn't start happening until after Civil Rights Movement era, in the late 70's, when crack cocaine and hip hop culture entered the fray.

prior to the Civil Rights movement, many blacks were not only more cultured and upwardly mobile, but had thriving communities and businesses, like Rosewood -- and like Rosewood, many were burned down by jealous/envious whites. so it's like, if blacks act ignorant and shiftless, you criticize them, and if they're upwardly mobile and prosperous, you burn their towns down. "damned if we do and damned if we don't"

I'm not racist, but i really enjoy racial humor for some reason (ESPECIALLY when its targeted at my own race)

I guess racial humor is tolerable, and I always laugh along but inside I'm saying, "Did they actually just fuckin' say that" Being Hispanic I have had my fair share of racism first hand.

The one thing that really bothers me though (i'm not the first person to say this) is the over use of nigga and whatnot.

Maybe I'm just a little sensitive when it comes to said topic.

Just my opinion.

Naw, my racist klantress, the whole "blacks acting loud and ghetto" didn't start happening until after Civil Rights Movement era, in the late 70's, when crack cocaine and hip hop culture entered the fray.

prior to the Civil Rights movement, many blacks were not only more cultured and upwardly mobile, but had thriving communities and businesses, like Rosewood -- and like Rosewood, many were burned down by jealous/envious whites. so it's like, if blacks act ignorant and shiftless, you criticize them, and if they're upwardly mobile and prosperous, you burn their towns down. "damned if we do and damned if we don't"

You can't possibly be serous with this statement?

So you're saying that because of ignorant white folks years ago in small towns near you and him and her, that some blacks decided it was easier to be slack and sell drugs while listening to Hip-Hop music? Really? Are you sure? What about the millions of blacks who pushed through the bullshit and made something of themselves? Explain to me why some blacks still act shiftless and ignorant today? I can understand why someone would lose hope in the late 70's and earlier but why today? Because they truly believe that unless they sell drugs or excel at a sport that they'll amount to nothing?

Everyone has their cross to bear... it's how you choose to carry it that defines you.

Let me start by saying I am not racist. Thats for ignorants. I hate a lot of people. I also love a lot of people. Theo, I assume you are black, and I respect 95% of everything you say.

I didn't mean to say that blacks acting stupid was a reason for segregation. What I did mean was that blacks have been ghetto and stupid for a lot longer than since the 70's. Where you around for the civil rights movement? Do you know how they truly acted? I wasn't around. I do know though, that my family isn't racist and they don't lie. I doubt that my 16 years of education was all a lie too. Maybe the things Ive been told are wrong. Probably not. I'll leave it all at that.

Let me start by saying I am not racist. Thats for ignorants. I hate a lot of people. I also love a lot of people. Theo, I assume you are black, and I respect 95% of everything you say.

I didn't mean to say that blacks acting stupid was a reason for segregation. What I did mean was that blacks have been ghetto and stupid for a lot longer than since the 70's. Where you around for the civil rights movement? Do you know how they truly acted? I wasn't around. I do know though, that my family isn't racist and they don't lie. I doubt that my 16 years of education was all a lie too. Maybe the things Ive been told are wrong. Probably not. I'll leave it all at that.

What kind of schools were you going to where "16 years of education" taught you blacks were "ghetto and stupid?" In American schools, the civil rights movement are usually taught as being a movement of right against wrong -- not the other way around. Do you ever look at the source of certain issues as to what caused certain "ghetto & stupid," one dating back to slavery that blacks were told not to learn how to read, and if they did, they were usually killed? Or how many honor-roll, straight-A student blacks couldn't get into any good universities? I also have relatives that were around during the movement and they talk about what was going on as well.

So you're saying that because of ignorant white folks years ago in small towns near you and him and her, that some blacks decided it was easier to be slack and sell drugs while listening to Hip-Hop music? Really? Are you sure? What about the millions of blacks who pushed through the bullshit and made something of themselves? Explain to me why some blacks still act shiftless and ignorant today? I can understand why someone would lose hope in the late 70's and earlier but why today? Because they truly believe that unless they sell drugs or excel at a sport that they'll amount to nothing?

Everyone has their cross to bear... it's how you choose to carry it that defines you.

I don't know where you got that first statement. Yes, what about the millions that made something of themselves? Is it not true that there are blacks in cities across America that listen to 50 Cent, wear white tees, and push weight? I'm just stating the facts, I didn't give a reason. As far as why many act shiftless today -- no home training, ghetto upbringing, usually a single-parent home as well, combined with poverty conditions and influences from local gangs.

You know everything don't you?

Lets meet up and be friends.

I could trash my computer because I wouldn't need the internet when I have you..

Why do you always say "you know everything" everytime you get into a debate with someone. I remember you saying that over and over to that azert kid who lives in Japan. But how come you couldn't answer the question -- what schools taught you "16 years" of education that blacks were "ghetto and stupid?"

Ghetto and stupid are a sum up of how I believe some black people act.

Why do you keep quoting 16 years? There is place that intelligent and wealthy people go to called college. When you're done with your first four years you should have at least 16 years of education. Its not that hard to figure out.

You do think you know everything. You act like you're a life expert.

Maybe I overuse a term. Big fuckin deal. Maybe you shouldn't spend so much time in a forum, that you notice when someone uses a term more than once.

And yeah, Azert was acting like a know it all too. BUT at least he lives in Asia and knew what he was talking about.

I don't always have time to have internet conversations and/or arguments with people I truly could care less about anyway. I do have other things going on in my life.

Ghetto and stupid are a sum up of how I believe some black people act.

Why do you keep quoting 16 years? There is place that intelligent and wealthy people go to called college. When you're done with your first four years you should have at least 16 years of education. Its not that hard to figure out.

You do think you know everything. You act like you're a life expert.

Maybe I overuse a term. Big fuckin deal. Maybe you shouldn't spend so much time in a forum, that you notice when someone uses a term more than once.

And yeah, Azert was acting like a know it all too. BUT at least he lives in Asia and knew what he was talking about.

I don't always have time to have internet conversations and/or arguments with people I truly could care less about anyway. I do have other things going on in my life.

I'm quoting it because you stated it. Usually you quote when referencing the statements of others. I don't remember ever asking what those 16 years were from, nor did I care. I was pretty sure you were referring to 12 years of public/private school education + 4 years of undergraduate schooling. Duh. That was never an issue. Did you just state this to let everyone know you went to college?

Also, not everyone that goes to college are either intelligent or wealthy. I know this from observing firsthand.

Whenever cornered in a debate, you say "you know everything." And yes, you do overuse the statement -- good call.

As far as Azert, yes he lives in Japan but who was the one arguing with him trying to school him about the place -- you. He lives in Asia, and I live in America -- and race issues we are talking about are in America.

"I don't always have time to have internet conversations and/or arguments with people I truly could care less about anyway. I do have other things going on in my life." O RLY? Good for you, you go girl.

I'm white, but this is how I've had it explained to me by people of various skin tones:

"Black people" think white people are crazy for dedicating their lives to working to sustain a system that requires more effort than neccessary to acquire the things neccessary for basic survival.

(I.E. White people are crazy for working 8 hours a day to provide themselves with food, clothes and shelter when all of these things could be readily available for everyone if people would stop taking more than they believe they need to be 'happy'.)

They also think white people are crazy because whites were the first to say that man is more than an animal and that we're the divine exception to natural law.

(The 'Natural Law' being that no other animal takes more than it needs or denies it's 'enemies' of what they need to survive, as there are no 'enemies' in the natural world. This is the same law that keeps the 'natural world' at homeostasis. The same law 'white culture' has been working against since it started building empires around it's agricultural endeavors.)

'Black people' are spiritual, earthy people- the original hippies. If you want to know why blacks are so 'lazy', talk to some old blacks who (really) know their roots.

Or, if you still pity/have contempt for the 'sloppy talking, shiftless black guy' up the block, just read this book instead:

0553078755.jpg

It's a lot deeper than 'crack' and 'hip-hop'. These are ancient value systems being misguided by modern culture.

I know I sound like a quack right now, but seriously... read up.

oh shit! joker is bill cosby!

just kidding. you should read "enough" by juan williams...judging from the above statement it sounds like it would be one of those "see, i knew i was fucking right" books but i think you would still find it a good, informative read regarding this topic.

I don't know where you got that first statement. Yes, what about the millions that made something of themselves? Is it not true that there are blacks in cities across America that listen to 50 Cent, wear white tees, and push weight? I'm just stating the facts, I didn't give a reason. As far as why many act shiftless today -- no home training, ghetto upbringing, usually a single-parent home as well, combined with poverty conditions and influences from local gangs.

My first statement was kind of a "sum up" of what I had read in one of your statements. However, maybe I read into it wrongly. I think what I took your post to mean was that because whites had burned down businesses and churches in the 50's and 60's (not to mention all the stupid shit ignorant whites did prior) that blacks decided it was easier to be lazy then keep fighting the fight. And that's why some blacks act the way they do today. That's how I read your post and that's where my first statement came from.

(BTW... I'm not hoping to argue here. I'm only trying to be a part of the conversation and hopefully not an asshole. If I am, just say so and send me on my way.)

I think a lot of whites tend to believe that shiftless blacks of today act shiftless because whites gave / give them no opportunities to be anything more. I also think a lot of blacks tend to think that way as well. But my view on that is media driven and more than likely skewed because of it. You said ghetto upbringing... to me, that's interesting because it the theory has no color boundry. White, latino, black, asian... whichever... a ghetto upbringing is a ghetto upbringing.

I think I typed some things that don't make any sense, oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
no he gets shot at the end but who cares i fucking loved that scene. and you're dominican, so it shouldn't bother you. you get the middlecake option for being white and black because you look like a blended icecream drink and get both sides of the race coin.

YEAH I DO HAVE AN AMAZING COMPLEXION. SHORTY TOLD ME THAT THE OTHER DAY, THEN I TOLD HER TO GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY BED CUZ SHE WAS 17. BUT YEAH B...I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BLACK/WHITE SHIT...THE SHITS FUNNY TO ME BUT NAZI NIGGAS KINDA CREEP ME OUT B, CUZ THEY DO NOT FUCK WITH ANYBODY BUT WHITE DUDES. AT LEAST THE BLACK MILITANT DUDES WILL CALL ME "BROTHER" AND TRY TO GET ME TO CHANGE MY NAME TO SALAAM RASHAD AHMAD. WHITE NIGGAS WOULD PROBABLY JUST CALL ME "NIGGER" AND TELL ME TO GO PICK LETTUCE (WHICH WOULD GET ME EXTRA TIGHT CUZ THAT WOULD BE CALLING ME MEXICAN, AND ALL MY DR'S AND PR'S OUT THERE KNOW THATS A HUGE INSULT.) BUT YEAH, PLAY AMERICAN HISTORY X AT 161ST AND PUT LIKE 5 WHITE DUDES IN THERE. THAT WOULD TURN OUT CRAZY ENTERTAINING.

you know what pisses me off? when people say "im not a racist but...". i have heard people say that then follow it with some of the foulest ignorant racist shit. you cant put that statement up as a fucking disclaimer.

:lol: BASIC... ITS LIKE SAYIN "YO, NO HOMO, BUT I LOVE SUCKIN DICK"

ALSO, THE REASON JOKES THAT ARE RACIST TOWARDS WHITE DUDES ARE FUNNY, AND RACIST JOKES TOLD BY WHITE DUDES AREN'T...YOU READY?

WHITE PEOPLE RUN SHIT.

SO KNOWING THAT YOU RUN SHIT, YOU GONNA MAKE FUN OF ME FOR GETTING FOOD STAMPS AND WEARING BAGGY JEANS AND DURAGS ON TOP OF THAT? THATS LIKE KICKIN ME WHILE IM DOWN FAM...

AND THATS THE STICKING POINT B. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YALL WANNA DENY IT. WHITE PEOPLE RULE THE EARTH, THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. IS WHITE, THE RICHEST MAN ALIVE IS WHITE. IM NOT SURE BUT ILL THROW MONEY ON THE TOP 3 RICHEST PEOPLE ON EARTH BEING WHITE. IM NOT MAD EITHER, IM CHILLIN, I EAT REGULARLY AND GOT HEAT AND PLUMBING AND SHIT I EVEN GOT CABLE...

BUT YEAH BACK TO THE POINT...MAKING JOKES ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE.

ITS LIKE LAUGHING AT WHAT AN IDIOT GEORGE BUSH IS. WHAT ELSE YOU GONNA DO BUT LAUGH? KILL ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE AND TAKE OVER ON SOME ETHNIC SHIT? THATS IMMPOSSIBLE B, AND IT WOULD ALSO BE WACK CUZ I COULD NEVER FUCK ANOTHER WHITE BITCH AGAIN. PLUS MY NIGGAS SERO AND BR WOULD BE ELIMINATED FROM EXISTENCE, AND THOSE MY DUUUUUUUDES. FEEL FREE TO ORGANIZE THIS BETTER AND PUT IT IN YOUR THESIS NIGGA!!! POWWWW!!!

"Black people" think white people are crazy for dedicating their lives to working to sustain a system that requires more effort than neccessary to acquire the things neccessary for basic survival.

(I.E. White people are crazy for working 8 hours a day to provide themselves with food, clothes and shelter when all of these things could be readily available for everyone if people would stop taking more than they believe they need to be 'happy'.)

'Black people' are spiritual, earthy people- the original hippies. If you want to know why blacks are so 'lazy', talk to some old blacks who (really) know their roots.

Or, if you still pity/have contempt for the 'sloppy talking, shiftless black guy' up the block, just read this book instead:

Oh word? Then what's with all this rims and jewelry and "guap" that's been polluting my ears?

Oh word? Then what's with all this rims and jewelry and "guap" that's been polluting my ears?

YEAH WORD YOU WOULD HAVE A VALID POINT WITH THAT, BUT WHEN IN THE SAME BREATH NIGGAS SAY HOW THEY AQUIRED SAID GUAP BY SPITTING 16 BARS OF WHATEVER OR SELLING DRUGS TO FIENDS INSTEAD OF WORKING 60 HOURS A WEEK AT THE OFFICE...IT KINDA DEADS YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT.

YEAH WORD YOU WOULD HAVE A VALID POINT WITH THAT, BUT WHEN IN THE SAME BREATH NIGGAS SAY HOW THEY AQUIRED SAID GUAP BY SPITTING 16 BARS OF WHATEVER OR SELLING DRUGS TO FIENDS INSTEAD OF WORKING 60 HOURS A WEEK AT THE OFFICE...IT KINDA DEADS YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT.

Except for the fact that 90% of people you see with giant rims on their whips and diamonds in their mouth actually got that by working crazy hours at a regular job. Even if they tell you otherwize. Don't get me wrong though. I'm a lazy bum. I don't endorse working 60 hours a week or putting diamonds in my mouth. Just making an observation.

Irish people moved here during a famine caused by British repression - they enacted laws/taxes that stopped the Irish from growing produce other than potatoes. When the famine happened they were dying in the streets, literally in piles, and the laws weren't changed (think Katrina but no debit cards, trailers, insurance,, grants, rap videos, National Gurard or news). When many moved here they lived in slums that would make the projects look like a McDonald's playground. Read about the 5 points of 'Gangs of New York' fame. The hood has nothing on Irish and other immigrant populations 100 years ago - people were buried in the walls of tenement buildings, people killed people over who they voted for (vote or die Diddy) and 10 people could share an apartment. They couldn't hustle food stamps and talk shit on the Internet about white girls from their moms computer.

Dominicans and Puerto Ricans speak Spanish right? The languages were learned because these islands were slave centers - were your ancestors slaves? Did Africans speak Spanish?

Archived