Take Your Camera To Work Day

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

h2s.jpg

I hate H2S. the headaches suck

snub-1.jpg

15K snub stack, alittle over 40ft tall

pumps.jpg

15k Cement Pumps, maxed out, couldnt get anything pumped

snub2.jpg

Been on this job for about 2 weeks. 25,000 Deep, about 11,000psi under us, its a fucking bomb waiting to happen.

yup northern Alberta is where Im at. But I plan on going to work in Texas or Oklahoma

There is alot of work here Oklahoma. And we need hands badly, everyone we get flakes out in a day or so, its been months and about 30 hands since we have had one stay. People today are a bunch of pussys when it comes to work. There is alot of drilling/workover work going on in Colorado to, and that is a hell of alot prettyer country than here or texas.

what the heck....here goes

evidence.jpg

lol @ the cop in the middle's face....it reads...now that we've confiscated all of this shit....were about to go get fuuuucked up!

I live in Oklahoma. In the city though, never get to see any of that stuff. Have you ever witnessed any explosions yet? And what do you actually do?

I live in OKC, im almost never here but i have a house there. never seen a explosion, couple little fires, few broke/severed fingers, broken legs, and there was one guy who got killed on a rig i was working derrics on in texas.

Hey Dog, you guys pretty shallow? Looks like your on a 300 cooper with a 100ton pemco derric on 4 lines? you guys just drill or do they make you use that rod basket sometime? All the H2S in this part of the world is 15,000+ft deep

sounds better than the one im on, its the one in the pics above. basically they got a crappy cement job on there casing and it parted around 24,000 and we were trying to squease it but the couldnt pump into it. think we had something like 12,000 psi at surface. We have 15k stack and we went to 17500 on it and the couldnt even get a barrel a minute to pump into it. then the casing calasped around the tubing and we are now stuck in the hole. that was almost a week ago and that is still where we are at. The really shitty part is even after we cut off or get unstuck we have to lay everything down to trip, our 112ft derric is too short with the snub stack on it..... i really hate this one.

sounds better than the one im on, its the one in the pics above. basically they got a crappy cement job on there casing and it parted around 24,000 and we were trying to squease it but the couldnt pump into it. think we had something like 12,000 psi at surface. We have 15k stack and we went to 17500 on it and the couldnt even get a barrel a minute to pump into it. then the casing calasped around the tubing and we are now stuck in the hole. that was almost a week ago and that is still where we are at. The really shitty part is even after we cut off or get unstuck we have to lay everything down to trip, our 112ft derric is too short with the snub stack on it..... i really hate this one.

well atleast you dont have to work in -50 once winter hits.. thank god it will be my lsat one, then im off to the south.. Im gonna start wirelining next week.. need something with a set number of days off a month and not when ever there is one available. Plus the money is really good, base salary plus a percentage of the job ticket.. and also beacuse its so busy up here i get another 20% of my salary for a northern living allowance.. and of course $42 a day for sub. WHo do you work for?

ahhh camp and hotel life...

this first place was so bad... the water lines were frozen so no toilet or showers.. the beds were lke sleeping on wood... the food was nasty as hell..

PHOT0036.jpg

best western

PHOT0043-1.jpg

lucked out once and they flew me to a town near my lease.. it was right on the NWT and Alaska border.. that shit was cold.

PHOT0046-1.jpg

had to drive back tho and saw this buffalo on the side of the road

PHOT0055.jpg

well atleast you dont have to work in -50 once winter hits.. thank god it will be my lsat one, then im off to the south.. Im gonna start wirelining next week.. need something with a set number of days off a month and not when ever there is one available. Plus the money is really good, base salary plus a percentage of the job ticket.. and also beacuse its so busy up here i get another 20% of my salary for a northern living allowance.. and of course $42 a day for sub. WHo do you work for?

Yeah -50 would really suck. We are on like 20 or so days in a row of 100+ which sucks just as bad if you ask me. I work for a work over company right now, been at this one about 4ish years, worked at a couple different drill and workover co. before this.

Set days off is nice, been awhile since ive had a whole day off. We have been out for Chesapeak most of this year and i think ive averaged around 90-100 hours a week. theyll work the fuck out of you.

I keep getting calls from a guy i know at Cudd. They want me to come work on a snubbing unit, starting off is something like 19 an hr, + perdium, +job bonus, +safty bonus which is like 2-6 an hr if i understood them right. and they work almost as many hours as i do, so you make good money.

Yeah -50 would really suck. We are on like 20 or so days in a row of 100+ which sucks just as bad if you ask me. I work for a work over company right now, been at this one about 4ish years, worked at a couple different drill and workover co. before this.

Set days off is nice, been awhile since ive had a whole day off. We have been out for Chesapeak most of this year and i think ive averaged around 90-100 hours a week. theyll work the fuck out of you.

I keep getting calls from a guy i know at Cudd. They want me to come work on a snubbing unit, starting off is something like 19 an hr, + perdium, +job bonus, +safty bonus which is like 2-6 an hr if i understood them right. and they work almost as many hours as i do, so you make good money.

i could live with out snubbing hahaha... heard some good horror stories.. but the money is good.. my younger brother is a toolhand and he knows some snubbers and theyve been doing it for a while and make about 200,000-300,000 a year.. so if you can survive a few years you'll be rollin.

I dont like snubbing, we have to ram-to-ram all 24,000ft of this well, to much pressure for a bag, shits slow as fuck. Ive seen to much crazy shit in person and in pics to want to go work on a snubbing unit. My 2nd day ever working on a rig we had 30ish joints blow out on us, happens in a split secound, broke a guys leg saw the bone sticking out of it.

Ever see pics of the blowout they had in Louisiana a year or so ago? killed like 9 people and burned for couploe weeks all cause the snubbers fucked up.

naw i havent seen those.. I heard a story of this young kid who was snubbing... for some reason he was looking down the pipe.. i think something was caught.. all of a sudden the plug gave away.. gas to surface, blew his face off the had to hose down the whole rig..

http://roughneckshack.com/ and http://photos.orr.noaa.gov/gallery_4/incidents.htm have alot of good pics on them, the last one has some pretty good ones of the gulf war fires. Ive got 100s if not 1000s of oilfield pics on my laptop. Ive been carrying a digital camera with me everyday for about the last 5ish years, never know what youll see from one day to the next.

• 3 months later...