mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

icon-sheene-motorcycle_WxgcX_3868.jpg

icon-sheene-motorcycle-2_3pE3j_3868.jpg

Icon Sheen bike, only gonna be 52 made as he died aged 52. £107K and 257bhp and ugly as hell, now I'm not a big bike person but for that price you could pick up a couple of bikes of your choice that could cover what this bike does. Looks pretty damn ugly if you ask me

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

does anyone know the deal with evo and cast iron frames when it comes to harleys? i heard it brought up in a conversation today and it sounded like the difference (vibration vs no vibration) wasnt something that was developed over time, like it was a sudden new invention.

so whats the deal? are evo frames just frames with better suspension?

are cast iron frames frames with no suspension except for the fork?

the frame wasnt cast iron. the engine was mounted directly to the frame from 1957 to 2003. then it was rubber mounted. thus lessing the vibration thru the frame to the rider.

they did however have engines with cast iron heads like the FXR up to, i believe; 1995. these heads are strong as fuck and last waaaaaayyyy longer thatn aluminum heads.

31277_116639131711854_1000009730254.jpg

She got hit by a 74 year old man in a minivan turning left across oncoming traffic.

He didn't see her and she smacked in to the right front of his van.

Luckily it was a 40 mph speed limit.

It really could have been a lot worse.

She is healing nicely and looks better and better everyday.

the frame wasnt cast iron. the engine was mounted directly to the frame from 1957 to 2003. then it was rubber mounted. thus lessing the vibration thru the frame to the rider.

they did however have engines with cast iron heads like the FXR up to, i believe; 1995. these heads are strong as fuck and last waaaaaayyyy longer thatn aluminum heads.

that makes more sense now, im guessing your bike is post 03?

@bionic, if they want your bike, they are gonna get it. alarm or no alarm.

That goes without say but why not make it a little harder for that to happen...

If $300 saves my bike and i get an added bonus of batting someone out its well worth it!

I've had a bike stolen from me already, they actually picked it up over my farthers car with both wheels locked and the fork lock, and that was the end of that one.

So i was just wondering which alarm would be best or good enough for the money.

2010-Motoczysz-E1pc-spy-shot-isle-of-man.jpg

From what we can gather, there’s 12.5 kWh of battery power visible, assuming Czysz & Co. are using the same packs from the eDD. The front-end is the same MotoCzysz-patented design, while the rear of the motorcycle looks to have a longer swing-arm and conventional shock placement.

The motor is attached to the “suitcase”, low on the bike (as seen in the eDD renders) facing the clutch side of the motorcycle. It’s then linked via chain to a concentric shaft off the swing-arm (similar to the MotoCzysz C1), with the final chain linkage on the standard right-hand side of the E1pc.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/spy-shot-2010-motoczysz-e1pc-at-the-isle-of-man/#more-11375

Electric superbikes cool or nah?

Im still SOOOO fucking disappointed in Motoczysz and Mission Motors for basically sabotaging the success of the TTXGP--the world's first electric race series and the world's first race series owned and controlled by the race teams–-for a corporate owned TTXGP ripoff.

That bike is still badass...... potentially. If it doesn't bitch out in qualifiers like MotoCzysz is getting pretty good at doing.

I have no where to work on my bike at my apartment aside from a single parking space with no power outlet, and I don't know shit about what I'm doing. Lowered the rear shocks on the cb750 and now it sits too low for the kickstand to work AND the bottom stand scrapes on turns and my face is fucking red with embarrassment and rage as all the mexicans look out of their apartment windows laughing at a soot and grease covered idiot white guy wrestling with a jap bike in the middle of the hood.

Buying some legit tools and taking it to my homies shop this weekend to cut the kickstand down, bottom stand off and cut the other useless metal off and weld the brackets on to put an old flared fender on to it. No plans to hardtail it yet.

Taking the bike apart has been a good learning experience but I'm still pretty much shooting in the dark. I do have a few questions that maybe someone here can help me with, mainly - cleaning up the handle bars like the master cylinder reservoir, pretty much all the stock lever assemblies are bulky and gay.

Anyone who has any experience with DOHC 79-82 cb750s have any good suggestions on 7/8s bar lever assemblies and aftermarket tanks that will fit the weird stock frame? I have been lurking around http://www.cb750c.com/ but a lot of those dudes are into keeping their bikes as close to stock as possible.

Any help is appreciated, I know dohc 750's aren't the dopest bikes and I'm asking hella rook questions but I figured it was worth putting it out there, I'll post some flicks of the progress in a few days.

• Like 1

so it's gonna be about $3500 maybe a bit less ( we're doing a kind of salary sacrifice thing, i contract to him so he's giving me this instead of money for some work so thats 30% or so i save on it, plus this is AU$ so it works out closer to um.. shit around $2K US )

with good trailer, boots, helmet and all the other gear, set of road tyres and lights etc..

it's a 2000 model with a modded exhaust.. gonna be a bit noisy in town (2 stroke) but i think i've made up my mind... thoughts?

IMG150-01.jpg

• Like 1

I hear that, and please believe I've been running though a lot of the chopper sites to get info. There's just a lot more out there on the earlier SOHC 750's that - as you pointed - have been a chopper staple since the 60's - lotta Denver choppers build on those guys.

I made the shortsighted and uneducated decision to buy an 81 dohc which has quite a few differences from the older sohc - uglier frame to work with. Still fun to tear apart - probably just spend the time wrenching on it, getting familiar and then sell it and trade up for an old evo sportster who knows-- I was just hoping anyone on here had hands on dohc750 experience.

300 lb, 200 hp Naked Desmosedici with more carbon fiber and moto GP addons including onboard readouts for everything, including suspension setups, AS WELL as ceramic brakes and Ohlin's brand new GP front forks. Weird finding a bike that has zero compromises.

ncr-millona16_1.jpg

dads getting a new harley, hes stuck between the 2010 883 sportster iron (seen below)

harley-davidson-sportster-iron-883-.jpg

and the 2010 crossbones

10_FLSTSB_R.jpg&sa=X&ei=FwYUTMylM8GC8gadmIydDA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4BA&usg=AFQjCNGtVqnIZaw8UR4KjKCAgQmsgoksTw

the 883 is 8 grand and the crossbones is 17 grand. crossbones has a bigger engine, both are electric start. he is leaning towards the crossbones, he likes the front end and the solo seat. my reasoning is with the money you save on the 883 you could replace the front end and the seat and probly even get a new damn engine for it.

but what are yalls opinions?

(and yes, he wont be riding it more then 4 hours total a day so comfort isnt an issue, both of us agree the touring bikes look like shit)

oh and in 3 years when he retires im buying whichever bike he decides on from him. and i already know im changing almost EVERYTHING on either one of them so it doesnt matter TOO much to me