mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just spent $320 on a valve cover gasket, valve cover bolt gaskets, and carb diaphragms. Also have a headgasket leak that isnt bad, but if it worsens Im selling the fucker. I'm only fucking with top-end problems, and if I was to take it to a mechanic I'm looking at spending more money than I spent on the bike. Old bikes are so overrated.

In other news my carbs and top end are dialed in.

trips.

that was soup, not me homie. we may disagree from time to time, but i'd never insult you by asking you to consider suggesting anything but HD. ;) (nh for the smiley face).

dude i share garage space with just copped a 2001 fxdx. perfect condition. that shock set up/dual disc shit is beastin. a little bit of engine work on one of those and you could have a monster.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel for the guy in that video. I think it stopped spinning when the motor blew, and seeing as he's wearing a rossi helmet Im guessing he's a club rider who payed for his own bike. Lanyard killswitch might've saved him 20k.

Seeks well its all about what you want, isnt it? A bike to ride or a bike to work on...

Discussion in here's been kinda slow lately. I'm wondering, with ALL the different kinds of bikers we have here, what's the BEST STOCK motorcycle? Factory everything—including exhaust and tires—and no, if it comes with an aftermarket option from the dealership that doesn't count.

Im on my iphone and forgot where i wrote down my email and pw..

Desmosedici...Yeah. Well, yeah... I had the griso 1100 in my head for Some reason. Since i moved to SF, and forfeitted all work space, all i can think of are bikes that dont need any tooling.

Went camping and rode 570 miles last weekend. I like the cb for what it is. Shredded the tires. Anybody have any suggestions? Firestone has these crazy vintage ones that probably ride like shit, but i need 110/90-19 and 130/90-16.

• Like 2

i would love to contribute to your question soup, but i dont know anything about new bikes other than harleys, which are by no means the best available in any sense of the word.

its been raining all week, so i havent been able to ride. so annoying. i need to move to southern cali and just be done with it.

That's kindof my point. Factory showrooms are filled with incomplete bikes. Every new bike owner almost instantly turns around and drops $1000 on a new exhaust, then a dyne and fuel remap, then tires, a bigger or smaller windshield etc. There has almost never been a factory bike that gets it right. It's almost criminal for companies to charge you for parts you're guaranteed to immediately pull off.

Just picked up my second 2001 RC51

Has upgraded Nissin radial front brake and clutch levers with full stainless braided lines front and rear, Brembo full floating brake rotors, SP2 5 spoke wheels (lighter), gear indicator, smoked double bubble windscreen and aftermarket undertail with integrated LED taillights and turn signals.

Extras thrown in power commander, scotts steering dampener ($500) , 1/6 turn throttle (only turn the throtlle 1/6th to be at full all free mods and enviornmental crap removed. P.S. Suspension is set up for my weight...ballin!!!!

I cant wait to pick her up on friday!!!

My old one was "The Orly!1?!" this one is named "The Ya'Rly!1!"

29894d1308752102-f-s-2001-rc51-dsc_3960.jpg

29895d1308752110-f-s-2001-rc51-dsc_3967.jpg

Went camping and rode 570 miles last weekend. I like the cb for what it is. Shredded the tires. Anybody have any suggestions? Firestone has these crazy vintage ones that probably ride like shit, but i need 110/90-19 and 130/90-16.

do you want that vintage look?

if so, maybe cokertire.com may be an option for you.

I ended up going with the vintage firestone(coker im assuming) blackwalls from universaltire and they ride fairly decent. They did ride way better than my Avons, but i dont ride my cb450 as much as you do. 90-120 miles a week tops.

This weekend was eventful. The day before my road trip I walked into Workstatt in SF and asked for the best tires i could get with a day's notice. My bike has horribly limiting wheel sizes but all things considered I think we did rather well. No more touring tires I've got some oldschool race tires: Dunlop Arrowmax T501's. Little by little this bike's feeling more modern. We went From San Fran to Lake Don Pedro to Yosemite and back. About 450 miles. Wind through tracy was a b'.

add0cd4d971b4a0cb67edb7e476b0bab_7.jpg

I couldnt tell but I think this cunt riding on the back of a harley, admist a group of harleys, dumped a box of multicolored tacks in the road. I shouldve taken a picture of the plate and posted it on here. By far the gayest and most comical thing I have seen in terms of bike on bike crime. I really hope she was fucked up on shrooms and thought it was mario kart. Happened right inside of Yosemite.

I have about four giant tupperware boxes of sportbike parts, so that wont work.

Before i start tearing off everything that makes this bike bone stock and resellable, here's ALL the problem areas on this bike, because it never ends with tail lights.

This glorious item is what my oddly mounted headlight and turn signals are mounted on

AzNPp.pngPsXR5.png

Its a piece of metal that's been pressed around the fork leg, so the only way to remove it is to destroy it.. which I want to.

Heres a picture of how it all hideously sits together

Honda%20CB900C%2082%20%201.jpg

I also want a flat banana seat, like this

honda_cb750_cafe_racer1.jpg

but here's the tail end of the frame

391.jpg

Note the weird fucking bit that goes up in the back. What the hell am I supposed to do with that?

Here's another shot of the back

honda_cb900c.jpg

Soon as I think of how to resolve those design issues, I'll rewire the whole thing, relocate the ignition fuse box battery etc and it'll be a clean cheap custom.