mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

tire question for you guys

my current tire is a 150/80B16 71H

i know someone that has this tire/rim and they want $100 for it

http://i52.tinypic.com/2rw8djc.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/24x2jqh.jpg

the tire is an Avon and the size is 140/90B16 77H

can i safely use that tire? or is it too narrow and/or short? oh yea it is the rear tire btw

if it does fit and ride safely i will just sell my current tire and that chrome rim in the

picture on CL for whatever i can get. i still have over 60% tread of my current rear tire

so it's not like i need it or anything. just trying to see if it's a good enough deal to do

it or if i should just wait and buy a new set when needed...

not to get back on the insurance ting, but ive got progressive. i think i pay $160 a year. $4k coverage on the bike and like $200,000 for myself or something like that. whatever it is, it was cheap as shit and covers me pretty well.

i decided i need another bike. one for longer runs, highways, etc. might put it off till the spring, but i know prices will be better in the winter. looking at a newer street bob (06+), or possibly an early 90's FXR. ive heard super good things about those bikes, but have no experience with them. ebay has em in real good shape for under $6k.

anyone got advice?

Good look, think I'll go with progressive when my bike's out of the shop. If I remember correctly you've got a Sporty right? 883 or 1200? I got this 1100 as an upgrade from my 750cb, but I'm just curious as to what you feel the limitations of your current bike are.

I'm forecasting baggers being real popular in the next few years, not with the flame'd out H-D du-rag weekend warrior crowd, but like the same youngsters who are into vans and being weird. I honestly wouldn't mind rocking a huge front fairing on my bike sometimes.

forcasting? baggers are already the hot new thing. which of course means theres a huge backlash against them. personally i dont give a shit one way or another. the more time i spend on blogs and forums, the more i realize motorcycle dudes are the biggest bunch of sandy vagina motherfuckers ever. shit is ridiculous. complain, bitch, whine, complain. blah blah blah.

883's suck. ha. before i got it, i was like....man, that'll be plenty powerful enough. nope. thing is fun for riding around town, but once you hit 50mph the power drops off and the wind picks up like a motherfucker. i was gonna do the 1200 kit, but it'll be just like putting a bigger engine on a bicycle. my bikes probably 400lbs tops. might even be lighter. its also as aerodynamic as a garage door. ha.

if i get something else, im gonna get a detachable windshield for it. not to rock around town or anything, but i cant even imagine doing 75 on the freeway without one. at 60 i already feel like a strong gust could blown me off backwards if i dont hold on tight.

wow really y'all are slow. baggers have been on the mainstream spotlight for hella long. chk- www.baggersmag.com, www.americanbagger.com. they have been hot and now is leveling out. after the blacks got to it, is when that happened. seeks, get your self an fxr from the late 80's. they had cast iron heads and kicked ass. its the ultimate club bike and are the shit to ride. you can fix em' up in may ways and they look sick as fuck when done up right. you can also put on a 1/4 fairing that will tie it all together. o yeah on a real note, dont be a pussy and be scared to hold on tight w/o a fairing and go fast as fuck. i ride daily at 75 and above with no fairing. not a prob.

in other news, finally got my bags and gettin ready to go to reno, nv for st. vibes.

said bags: 58949_1402673911021_1357535471_30930394_3171236_n.jpg

I guess I didn't word my lame-ass point eloquently enough. Baggers are obviously mainstream popular - I'm just saying - give it 5-10 years, and it'll be like the current homebrew bobber scene mixed with like, 70's van culture. Young kids getting into it, tricking out huge baggers, wild fairings etc..

Either way it was a fucking stupid thing of me to say.

Bike-wise, the dude who's repairing mine said it should be good to go in about a week. Got some new bars on the way, rear tire and a Tig welding breakdown from my buddy. Stoked to get to work on it.

Goat, what did you say you had?

Anyone ever used pennies inside their bars or any other anti vibration technique? Sick of that itchy numb hand shit. Gotta take my bars apart today or tomorrow, figured I might try something.

ive never heard of the penny trick. it also depends on the angle, rise and front/ back lean of your bars. ever tried rubber mountin your bars? if you have a tremendous amount of vibration in your bars from a rubber mounted engine. chk your motor mounts. there might be a crack or something else wrong.

Got a '86 1100 sportster. My bars have worn out rubber mounts on my bars, I'm assuming they were stock. Not too much vibration but they have a lot of play in them, they move around - almost feel like they're going to pull out. Just need to be replaced, when I get it back from the stop I'll replace them with my new risers and bars - we'll see how it works.

dugzbike.jpg

The vibration isn't anything crazy but it's enough to annoy me. Then again, I'm easily annoyed.

Just switched out my stock risers for 2 1/2 pull backs. Not huge difference but enough to bring em up and back a little closer without having to redo all my cables.

Now I hate the wires though so I'm gonna have to redo those as well. Also threw on some new coke bottle grips. Like how they feel but throttle side is kinda loose. I'm sure eventually that's gonna drive me batty. We'll see. Reeeeally wanna strip the bars down and get rid of the signal switchers and shit. I'm already not running mirrors or signals, what's the fucking difference?

Anyone know about massachusetts law? I wonder how likely I am to get fucked with.

Time to go drink.

Stolen from one of the blogs soup posted awhile back, cause I'm bored at work.

s1600

"Torinese engineer Salvatore Majorca created the revolutionary Moto Major straight after WWII. Apparently it was an engineering rather than styling exercise, but 60 years on, its shape is still breathtaking. The wheels, in particular, would not look out of place on many modern motorcycles."