mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Oh shit! So check this out!

I had my F4i broken down and started posting ads on craigslist to see if anybody wanted to buy some parts. Ive recieved a ton of calls but all noshows so I still have all the parts to build the bike again. MEANWHILE my homeboy has been tweaking with my defunct engine. Turns out the only problem with it is there's one cylinder with bad compression so he's gonna fix with for me.

So! This is the real question! Do i rebuild the whole bike, or do I continue to try to part it out!? As far as I know I just gotta put it back together, replace the rear master cyllinder, the shitty ebay rearsets, and reseal the left fork tube... but these are things I would've had to do anyway if I wanted to part those bits out.

And then, what do you guys think? Keep the streetfightered F4i or get with the times and buy something vintage? Girls love riding bitch on bikes that dudes can't kill them on, like CB750's and such. Knowing my track record I may have to do that.

To refresh your memory on the bike that i built, here it is again:

IMG_3577.jpg

35827.jpg

35826.jpg

had to be. its built outa three seperate sets of exhaust. no way they were gonna match up.

i think it'll look better when the wraps worn in and greyed.

pretty sure im gona do the 1250 kit. this thing is just too fucking underpowered to be of any real use, other than just riding around town. anything over 60 starts to feel pretty sketchy, which means freeways are gonna be terifying. it doesnt help that the bikes so light, but even still. more power would help with that i think.

what do you think about some low apes... 10 inches or so? im having issues with my hips and my riding psition. motherfuckers kill as soon as i start riding. shit sucks. since i took the pic ive pulled the bars waaaay back, but i still feel like a little more upriht position would help me more. being so tall and lanky, riding hunched over like im fucking a football isnt too sweet.

not that it matters to anyone but me, but ive done a ton of shit on this bike completely myelf with absolutely no previous experience. wish i could have done it all, but whatever. ill learn more as i go. as we call it around the garage, 'rus coast customs'. fuck it. it might not be right, but its how it is right now.

rus/high on ambien, rambling.

Oh shit! So check this out!

I had my F4i broken down and started posting ads on craigslist to see if anybody wanted to buy some parts. Ive recieved a ton of calls but all noshows so I still have all the parts to build the bike again. MEANWHILE my homeboy has been tweaking with my defunct engine. Turns out the only problem with it is there's one cylinder with bad compression so he's gonna fix with for me.

So! This is the real question! Do i rebuild the whole bike, or do I continue to try to part it out!? As far as I know I just gotta put it back together, replace the rear master cyllinder, the shitty ebay rearsets, and reseal the left fork tube... but these are things I would've had to do anyway if I wanted to part those bits out.

And then, what do you guys think? Keep the streetfightered F4i or get with the times and buy something vintage? Girls love riding bitch on bikes that dudes can't kill them on, like CB750's and such. Knowing my track record I may have to do that.

To refresh your memory on the bike that i built, here it is again:

IMG_3577.jpg

35827.jpg

35826.jpg

put that bad bitch back together! i also have the same tires on my f3... propped

shiit 24d.. will prop later

been lurking on this thread and forum for awhile now, here is my ride

2008 nightster

20qb77o.jpg

154az6c.jpg

30a5rvc.jpg

sy1r9z.jpg

2uzxe2q.jpg

nz4ugy.jpg

25stulc.jpg

the mods that were already done to it when i got it:

painted tank

biltwell Z bars, like the ones on the pic 'seeking' posted

black V&H pipes

the mods that i have done:

12" mini apes

vintage style grips

3" tank lift

tucked wiring(most) under tank

coil and ignition relocated

added mid-controls

blacked out primary/derby cover, air cleaner, other little random stuff

added shitty chrome sissy bar

i know that sissy bar looks like shiiit but it was pretty much free and until i can get one made the way i want, or fork out the cash for the one i want, that one is gonna have to do for now

and i used to roll with no lid till i ate shit at 70mph and somehow survived with only a bump on the head

ogla9c.jpg

now i rock a full-face

5033bn.jpg

i recently added some black road king air shocks so now it rides like a fuckin cadillac. once i get this bike paid off i will be buying a street glide for the highway and stripping this one down for city riding. i still have A LOT i want to do to my nightster but of course time and money is making that hard to do

what do you guys think? be gentle... haha

Are those the built well bars? Was looking at em last night.

I Kinda wanna just buy a street bob.

the ones you posted on post #2417?

yes they are keystones made by biltwell

the fifth set down: http://www.biltwellinc.com/bars.php

they looked good on my bike and handled well but i wanted something more comfortable so i went with HD mini apes. here is my bike right before i went to mini apes, the tank lift/wire tuck and coil/ignition relocation

hwffqx.jpg

117xks5.jpg

oh and i kinda wish i would have gotten a street bob as well but i am happy with my nightster

I was asking if the apes were biltwell. Been thinkkn of getting a set.
oh my bad

nah they are actually from the HD dealership and were only $70 and that is the cheapest place you will find some mini apes

(new and painted). just don't get the cables/lines from there, get a kit from j&p cycles

How reliable are new Harleys ? I'm looking in their direction
mine had 10k when i bought it on august 26th and so far i have put an additional 11k miles on it. no problems at all with it so far

well other than causing $3100 in damage when i layed it down at 70mph... but that was all me lol

A little more progress on the cb. Cut some of the rear frame off and removed the air filter box - added cone filters and with a little mig welding rigged up a taillight/license plate bracket and modified a harley fender for the rear. + Bonus faggot arty pictures I took while learning how to use my iPhone.

0f4fc55f.jpg

70ebf32a.jpg

f3de2650.jpg

b3c45efd.jpg

7d2090b5.jpg

Next moves are a new tank and a seat - not sure what to do on either. Probably try to find an old mustang tank with a deep enough channel to fit the frame - seat wise, maybe make my own, maybe just roll with a biltwell, any thoughts? I don't really want a springer seat on a rear suspension bike, but I'm a bit impatient and the bike looks like ass with the stock seat on it.