<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

For some reason the past week or so, whenever I click onto a "city" thread in brickslayers the page just sits there and no text, pics, or posts show up. just the blank great background. i can see at the status button on the bottom of the screen that its trying to load something. if i leave it for like 15 minutes a page might finally appear. other times it just says "Done" - and the page is blank.

Do i need to update something??

I really couldn't find anywhere else to ask but I figured this would be the place. I recently had my tomtom stolen from the car and was wondering if it is possible to track it ala LoJack or if it is a receiver only, not transmitting, or should I treat it like a lost cell phone. I don't expect the words "alpha team go" to be involved but would like to know.

GPS isn't usually a two-way communication - the GPS receiver in yer hand (or on yer dash) is a very precise clock along with an antenna that listens to signals from satellites

(the Lo-Jack service adds a transmitter to its GPS to send the co-ordinates received by the GPS device to the police)

sorry yer question got buried

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.

3. In the Performance pane, click Settings.

4. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.

5. In the Virtual memory pane, click Change.

6. Change the Initial size value and the Maximum size value to a higher value, click Set, and then click OK.

7. Click OK to close the Performance Options dialog box, and then click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.

also you seem the type of person that has norton running on yer computer ( remove it and get Avast! its free for a awhile then you can buy it pretty cheap its way better then the resource hog norton also check for anything else that is taking up system resources

open task manager and check the memory usage ( if you got this error all of a sudden without adding any new programs then you got alot of malware/adware/spyware whatever you want to call it

last but not least buy some more RAM and install it

go through newegg.com for the cheaper prices

thanks it worked the ram

was fine

this isn't really a tech support question, but to anyone who uses Flickr, you know how they only show your 200 most recent photos, my question is that if you were to pots a picture on here, and it eventually isn't in you most recent 200, will it still show up on here or not???

yes

I have a question about cookies

do they slow your computer down

when I went to open a folder for cookies it says I may need them

and it could screw up my computer if I delete them

can I erase them to free up space?

yes they take up space they also give you viruses,popups,popunders,adware,malware,and hold alot of info that hackers love and would love to get their hands on to steal yer creditcard/passwords/identity

ork i scare you yet

good cause this is all true

download this program http://www.filehippo.com/download/file/f53ed2fb4bdbdf2a4562276fb467c3c791fc48af04d7d5112bc8f73c4d4f366e/

and then get firefox

I'm not sure how to explain this exactly, I'm not awake enough to be overly articulate. But I've noticed my computer freezes for a split second every few seconds.. If that makes sense.. For example, I'll be scrolling down a page with a smooth frame rate, and it'll just "hang up" for a second. And then continue scrolling. And if I'm watching a video, every few seconds it'll pause for a real short second.

I had to switch out my video card a while ago, for a shitty one, but it worked fine for months, so I'm not sure if that could be the problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

sounds like a memory issue ( sense you put in an older card yer RAM is being used to process the graphics which can cause a hiccup because most graphics cards have memory built on its less likley to happen best bet is to either go get a better graphics card or get more ram so the processor can page it better so it does not give you the hiccups that you are seeing

the reason it prolly came on all of a sudden is either you have installed a few new programs that take up memory or yer harddrive is fragmented

so first try uninstalling programs yo dont need or use do a little cleanup and then defragment the harddrive

• Like 1