<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If he/she can't even secure their network, you have nothing to worry about.

Unless they are setting you up (which I doubt). The ISP can monitor your movements, I believe. Hackers can too. As long as you get a good firewall, antivirus, etc. You will be fine.

• Like 1

if you are using an unsecured wifi connection from your neighborhood can it be traced to you?

meaning what you do on the internet..

seph answered your question, but i thought i might throw

out an extra. if you're worried about shit, use a tor package.

http://www.torproject.org/download.html.en

a bit slow, but if you're doing something you are worried about, use it.

to keep bad tor servers out, use in conjunction with peerguardian.

wait'll you see who's running tor servers....(watch the peerguardian log when you open the tor browser)

• Like 1

Yo,

the bit of my laptop directly to the left of the touch pad has always seemed to heat up a fair bit.

These days it seems to heat up pretty fast and gets HOT.

Occasionally it overheats and switches off.

It also gets pretty hot underneath the laptop...

Is there anything I can do?

Or is my laptop gonna just gonna burst into flames one day?

foobar2000 is the only audio player i even consider using at any point in time. i use itunes solely to load music onto my iphone, and that's it. foobar is better in every way, shape, and form. plus you can put pretty skins on it if you REALLY need it to look less plain, but the sound quality is so much better and there's less junk on there. it's an actual audio player that doesn't try to be a video player and all that other shit.

seph answered your question, but i thought i might throw

out an extra. if you're worried about shit, use a tor package.

http://www.torproject.org/download.html.en

a bit slow, but if you're doing something you are worried about, use it.

to keep bad tor servers out, use in conjunction with peerguardian.

wait'll you see who's running tor servers....(watch the peerguardian log when you open the tor browser)

another sidenote/schooling for y`all that don't know.

Now if you're connecting to a network with all the security off, chances are the only information you're transmitting two things. 1 the netbios info from your computer willl be broadcast and 2. the mac address.

normally your mac address will be in a 00:11:22:33:44:55 type format, but both numerals and letters are used, making the possibilities HUGE. regardless though, for the extra bit of security, look up a program called 'macchanger'. not sure if it's for windows, but essentially you can change the only thing that uniquely identifies you. your wireless card has a unique mac address that pretty much says a sequence of numbers like up top, except it's predetermined and pretty much identifies that piece of hardware.

it's kinda like wearing a disguise. underneath it all, you're still the same person, but it APPEARS you're different.

either way, find the program if you wanna leave zero sensitive info.

Team Nerds to the Rescue lol.

Hey casek or anyone. Whats the name of that one program that "records" what's been typed on the keyboard?

People are coming over to my house and more than likely they are going to log in into their myspaces and other sites as well :) Me wants passwords.

I know there is a way to do it on firefox but looks gay.

Thanks.

Team Nerds to the Rescue lol.

Hey casek or anyone. Whats the name of that one program that "records" what's been typed on the keyboard?

People are coming over to my house and more than likely they are going to log in into their myspaces and other sites as well :) Me wants passwords.

I know there is a way to do it on firefox but looks gay.

Thanks.

You want a keylogger.

• Like 1