<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OK, here is a technical question.

My Guitar Hero controller has stuffed up.

In particular, the whammy bar has gone limp and doesn't return properly.

So I guess the question I am asking, is has anyone else had this problem, and if I take the back of the guitar, everything isn't going to fall to pieces on me now is it?

And is this fault fixable easily??

OK, here is a technical question.

My Guitar Hero controller has stuffed up.

In particular, the whammy bar has gone limp and doesn't return properly.

So I guess the question I am asking, is has anyone else had this problem, and if I take the back of the guitar, everything isn't going to fall to pieces on me now is it?

And is this fault fixable easily??

easy fix go to the store buy an other one do a swap take it back to the store

OK, so here is a question.

I heard through a friend that the new utorrent 1.7 could be kinda suss as apparently it is the first build since utorrent was bought out by bittorrent, and there could be all these mpaa things associated that could get people busted.

Anyone of you out there know whether this is true or not, as I have been advised to keep my version of 1.6.1 and not to update until the new one is proven to be safe.

I heard through a friend that the new utorrent 1.7 could be kinda suss as apparently it is the first build since utorrent was bought out by bittorrent, and there could be all these mpaa things associated that could get people busted.

actually, version 1.6.1 (build 488) was the first one since bittorrent, inc. took over. conveniently, right after they bought them out, a vulnerability was found and they pushed the update on everyone.

after hours of packet logging from a number of people, there was no evidence of anything. btw, you might want to upgrade to v1.7.2 that was released the other day. v1.7 reported stats to the tracker incorrectly, and v1.7.1 didn't respect the 'private' flag when using local peer discovery (which should be turned off anyway).

I quit using it back before the sellout, but try to keep abreast of things...

peerguardian will keep you somewhat safe, but yeah, keep the old until the new is proven safe.

p.s.: did you ever add the additional lists i put on here?

Yeah I added the additional lists you put on here, but one of them wouldn't work so I disabled it.

Plus I was always turning PG off as for some reason, it liked to block the downloading of Youtube videos. Any ideas as to why this was happening?