<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

yeah i am charging 35 straight up maybe 3 hours max but thats just on the side (and most of the time they throw me a few beers and a little extra

anything over 3 that i am taxin like a mofo i walked out of some guys house with 150 easy just cause he was in a time crunch and didnt have any backups so i thru everything to my external did a rebuild

good tip for returning customers make an image of there harddrive monthly and throw it on an external ( pretty dumb on there part) for security purposes unless you are loyal like me :innocent:

$35 isn't bad. yeah, i'm no angel. i kinda want them to fuck up. a good 75% of them do every couple of months.

i'm considering changing to a career type job until i can get enough dough to buy a shop or something.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
hell yeah.

you got rich parents?

i was thinking of some other thigns that make a ton of money. 1 is consultation services. good shit and you don't need a degree.

fuck no i got broke ass parents and im still paying on student loans

yeah we could setup a network consulting service thats one thing i went to school for

microsoft network engineering degree

a+

net+

mcse

mcsa

oh...

my neighbor/buddy is air force reserve and civil service contractor.

i can tell you a couple of things.

1: he was making over $65k a year, just got a big raise. don't know hat he makes now

2: he's in intell. he doesn't have any certs but runs the southeast servers for someone important. (i can't tell you about that part, i don't know much about it because he can't

say much. it's military related)

ok, i can make that 3 things. he likes icehouse alot. icehouse makes my head hurt, but man i get drunk as fuck off 6.

he just turned 30. over 65k a year means he is doing quite well. way better than people in his position in the normal world (non mil)

contract work via civilian service means tons of pay.

basics: i've got a toshiba notebook running on windows vista.

problem: my screensaver won't "turn on." i've adjusted all standards, applied, ok'd, restarted etc and the screensaver will not come on unless the log in screen is up. if my desktop is showing it won't come on so if i'm just running winamp or itunes (minimized) it won't come on...

dudes here's another one:

when I'm at work, firefox, ie, and other internet things (like trying to dl updates for my antivirus) all time out when they try to connect to anything. but here's the kicker: msn messenger works no problem.

i was thinking that the router firewall might be blocking firefox and ie, but why would updates and shit be blocked? and why would msn still work?

what do you think the problem is?

i'm going to see if opera or netscape works tomorrow

basics: i've got a toshiba notebook running on windows vista.

problem: my screensaver won't "turn on." i've adjusted all standards, applied, ok'd, restarted etc and the screensaver will not come on unless the log in screen is up. if my desktop is showing it won't come on so if i'm just running winamp or itunes (minimized) it won't come on...

when its on the desktop it will not come on is that correct??

do you have the sidebar running the analog clock or any other non-recommended third party gadgets?

do you have a wireless mouse (via bluetooth) installed?

when was the last time it worked??

do a system restore

dudes here's another one:

when I'm at work, firefox, ie, and other internet things (like trying to dl updates for my antivirus) all time out when they try to connect to anything. but here's the kicker: msn messenger works no problem.

i was thinking that the router firewall might be blocking firefox and ie, but why would updates and shit be blocked? and why would msn still work?

what do you think the problem is?

i'm going to see if opera or netscape works tomorrow

talk to yer network admin (someone fucked up and blocked the wrong ports on the firewall/router

so that program "brainwave generator" is there a way to burn the sounds to cd so i can use it elsewhere?

If you want to save your frequencies, select “File" on the main window and from the drop-down “Save as wav…" and name it (for example “7 Hz on 20 Hz carrier"). Incidentally, each 60000ms sound wave occupies 10 Mb of space on your hard drive. They can then be played on Windows Media Player or other software (Winamp etc.). Thereafter, you can burn them to CD if you wish