<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ouch!

hah check this out

Worst. Excuse. Ever.

By: Steve Benen on Monday, August 6th, 2007 at 2:56 PM - PDT

About a month ago, Florida State Rep. Bob Allen ®, a co-chairman of John McCain’s presidential campaign in the Sunshine State, ran into a little trouble with the law. He was arrested in a public park after allegedly offering to pay to perform oral sex on an undercover police officer. Not a good career move.

Josh Marshall notes today, however, that ol’ state Rep. Allen can explain everything.

t turns out that Allen revealed the true reason for the alleged park-john-offer in a tape recorded statement he made just after his arrest.

“This was a pretty stocky black guy, and there was nothing but other black guys around in the park,” said Allen, according to this article in the Orlando Sentinel. Allen went on to say he was afraid of becoming a “statistic.”

OK, let me get this straight. Allen was in a public park, late at night. For some reason, he’s afraid of black people. As a result of this irrational fear, he wanders into a bathroom, where he offers another man $20 to perform oral sex.

In other words, Allen thought he might be attacked by some “stocky” black men, and this is his first instinct? Josh added, “I guess this raises the question of whether if you thought you were about to get mugged by a group of stocky black guys, your first plan of escape would be to try to give one of them a blowjob.”

haha, funny list i found on digg

20 things i learned from tech support

# As long as the world turns, users will still have problems

# Substance abusers and computer operators are the only folks called users. This isn't by chance

# When in doubt. Reboot

# Sooner or later you will meet a person who types out the words "backslash" or forgets to plug in the power cord. If you haven't yet, just wait, you will

# Fear the phone. No one just calls tech support to wish you good morning

# No user will tell you the whole truth at the beginning of a call

# "I didn't do anything" or "It just happened" Are the users mantra

# As a support tech, it is your job to break down resistance and get the truth

# This is so you can rub the lie in their face, fixing the issue is just a perk

# Some people will never learn

# This means you will always have a job

# Maintain a calm voice, even if you're screaming on the inside

# The hold button is your friend

# Whatever you do, don't panic

# The answer to all users questions should be "Trust me, I know what I'm doing" even if this is a bald-faced lie

# Users can smell fear. Once you've lost control, all is lost

# A user who is not listening to you anymore, but rather is trying "their own thing" is not worth your time. Simulate a telephone disconnect and hang up. Trust me, you're better off.

# Sometimes fixing a computer is easier than figuring out why it was broken

# Users always want a reason things are fixed. If you're not sure just lie. They won't know anyway. "A stray electron passed through the processor and caused..."

# If possible ask to speak to the youngest person present

THEM ARE GODS TRUTH RIGHT THERE

SEFFIKS;

will the RAM sticks u posted fit into a laptop??

i have given up tryin to root out the duplicate files on my 500gb, so i said fuck-it and bought Another 250 gb seagate, that i dont want to fuck up with dupes and shit.

__----->>>> can someone explain how i can achieve Incremental Back-up Status....

kthanxbai.

yo computer fam, i got a friends mums computer...

when booting windows it will load almost up to the log in screen... just as log in screen is about to appear i get...

STOP: c000021a (fatal system area)

The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of oxc0000135 (0x000000000000 0x00000000000000)

the system has been shut down

i searched about online and got a few varying responses. a few said to try repairing windows with the installation disc. but a few said not to.

any advice?

peace