<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seff: still having trouble after trying partition magic. i allocated space for the new OS with the add Os feature. no luck. i can't install win2k as primary because xp is primary, i used logical since i know that win2k can be booted from alogical drive..

damn, i have forgotten how to get this crap working.

yep it will work ( are you using limewire to download???)

Yup, i was using it to get movies off My friend's comp and got that stupid file. I was able to move the file so he wouldnt see it, and now i know i can delete it :)

About that font background. . . . For some reason the background color appears with my nor cal background. I change it to another pic, and the font's background is transparent, and if i put the nor cal back up, that shit appears.

Can Pics be corrupted and make that shit to happen?

When you go to properties, deskop, you see the xp backgrounds that you can choose to set in your deskop. where are they located on the local drive? When i want to click a pic, it also brings up some of the photos that were on my desktop.

I want to delete them and just have the standard pics (most of the pics that are there werent picked by me to be set as a background)

no. i know how to do that shit. what i'm saying is that when trying to install win2k, it still says "damaged or corrupt partition"

hmmm my suggestion is make an image/backup of xp partition and format the whole drive

split the partitons install 2k and then throw on the image of xp

i need some help with the adsense ads on my site...

basically it's a site with a few pics of some hot broad (taken out of the myspace picture post) with a bunch of google adsense ads on it. i updated it a couple days ago, but since then google isn't picking up the spam keywords all over it (to raise how much money i get per click) and i'm getting a bullshit 5c-20c per click.

how the fuck do i get google to show high-paying keywords (such as cheap laptops or nyc lawyers)?

hey fellas

i was hoping atleast one of you can help me on this little dilemma i have going on at the moment concerning torrents and azureus.

so ive installed azureus and started trying to download a torrent but for all those who use azureus, you should know the smiley face should be green. My one is yellow and its remaining yellow for along time. ive consulted the instructions and its because my NAT or something is blocked. so ive tried to change the port but everytime i change it it says that the port has been closed or something and says this as follows;

Testing port 64565 ...

NAT Error - Connect attempt to 58.105.46.118:64565 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.

on top of that, at the bottom of the azureus where it has RATIO (next to a yellow circle), the number of users, IPs and a down and up arrow, it says FIREWALLED (next to a red circle) right after RATIO

so im thinking that the port is closed because its firewalled and its making my torrents download at less then 1kb per second or something (my wireless net is like 1mb or something and i tried downloading stuff straight off the internet and a song i downloaded downloaded within 1minute so my net speed cant be the problem). how do i fix this?

im not computer literate so bare with me

thanks in advance

NOSHIT,

you have a router.

what type is it?

i can tell you more as soon as you tell me that, but

you need to go to 192.168.1.1

and then open another tab and go to portforward.com

find your router and it gives precise instructions

on how to port forward.

i can help you out a little more after you give me the router type.

mine is a linksys WRT54G wireless router

i went to portfoward.com and followed the instructions but it still didnt work for some reason. possibly i did it wrong but then i downloaded utorrents to see if i had the same problem, and to my surprise yes it did so i went to portfoward.com and followed instructions for utorrents instead of azureus and its still the same

mine is a linksys WRT54G wireless router

i went to portfoward.com and followed the instructions but it still didnt work for some reason. possibly i did it wrong but then i downloaded utorrents to see if i had the same problem, and to my surprise yes it did so i went to portfoward.com and followed instructions for utorrents instead of azureus and its still the same

ok, i have the same router....

ip5.PNG

you see on the right where it says "192.168.1. blank"?

you changed that to match your computers ip?