<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
okay so if i have a laptop with wireless internet does my i.p adress change to what ever wireless im stealing from. because from my house computer i was downloading torrents and i got a letter saying if i download any more blah blah balh.

different connection different ip.. thats common sense... and im computerly challenged

so im about to reformat. im using paragon 8.5 to back up what i want because casek suggested to use it for what i want to do. i cant find the option though.

all i really want is to backup a couple folders, not a whole drive. i dont see this option anywhere. it seems to me im going to have to create a partition just for acouple folders, and i dont wanna. any suggestions?

ok i'm a bit lazy when it comes to window$ stuff so i have a question;

i have a box running windows XP pro SP2 (the thailand version, ie pirated) that is pretty fucked up and i've taken it off the network, it has nasty shit on it that prevents me from loading a new AV, it also has a lot of important files on it i need, the question is;

how do i get the windows updates onto it? how do i clean the shit off it?

thinking of just pulling out one of the drives and copying all the files over and disk wiping and reinstalling but the mere thought gives me a headache, any suggestions?

Open Computer Management (Local).

In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click Storage, and then click Disk Management.

Right-click an unallocated region of a basic disk, and then click New Partition, or right-click free space in an extended partition, and then click New Logical Drive.

In the New Partition wizard, click Next, click Primary partition, Extended partition, or Logical drive, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

(below this line is typed by ilb's)

#3 has my dick in a twist, i've right clicked everything i possibly can and nothing shows the option "new partition"

whats the haps?