-FIFA-World-Cup-2006-

RumPuncher

You guys heard of Servingo?

The FIFA World Cup has inspired more than a few brave plans for the employment of technology over the past few years, many of which never materialised. One that will be on show when the world descends on Germany in June and July is Servingo, a personalized portal designed to help the three million expected visitors to find their way around the twelve World Cup venues from Berlin to Munich. Every conceivable aspect of information related to the tournament is aggregated through the portal which was built at a cost of eight million euros with a view to helping World Cup visitors feel that they are "visiting friends". The portal is amazing, with a range of innovative features such as personally-tailored information systems and personal diary pages, but the highlight is the 3D reconstruction of scenes from the soccer match that enables the viewer to view a replay of key scenes from any point in the stadium – from the referee's perspective or the eyes of the goalkeeper. To make this possible, the team constructed 3D models of stadiums and compiled catalogs of players. An ingenious software program manages to generate the scenes from TV images. Sophisticated algorithms compare the 'visual template' of the virtual 3D players with the TV image and keep adjusting the virtual player's posture until it matches the video image. In this way, picture by picture, a scene from the match can be reproduced from any angle.

Pretty fucking amazing. Link.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the Poland V Germany game might end in a draw. It's at 90:30 right now.

raven... I can't find a video stream anywhere. BBC5 has an audio stream, but it's for the UK only (unless you cheat it)

HOLD IT ..... germany just scored on Poland. Gereat goal!

All the games for me start at 7am and end around 3pm. So I TVR them and watch them when I get home from work, that and they show them all back to back all day anyway.

Edit: Rum I'm sure everyone in England is worried. It's frustrating watching them... they have probably the best team on paper at the cup right now, but the thing is.... they know how good they are... they just show up and expect to win because of that.

And terry and ferdinand knew he was offside thats why they let him slide. There's no way he'd be allowed that much space in the 18 yard box onside.

Pffffftttt!!!! Italy vs US I mean c'mon! Why is the US there in the first place? The Italians WILL weave this one with their eyes closed! (Hi-five to the one who gets that last sentence by knowing which movie it's from!)

the Italians play the most boring soccer on the planet. I actually think if the usa smartened up and got over their ego about their fifa ranking, they could give italy a way better run for their money than they gave the czechs.

the only reason the usa is ranked 6th (i think?) is because of their competition... they play all caribbean countries, and canada. real competition there.