Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

import-export-affiche2.jpg

if you think your life is tough or you've got it bad, watch this film. maybe you'll realise how much you actually have. or maybe itll make you even more depressed than you already are, in which case you should kill yourself, cos youre obviously not strong enough to survive in this cold, shitty, backstabbing, heartless world.

Earl, I will definitely check those out.

I will watch most anything as long as it doesn't have an Ashton Kutcher or a Larry the Cable Guy type celebrity in it. I've been really into foreign movies lately, a lot of French shit even though I hate the French for no apparent reason. Kind of like my hatred for soccer.

I thought Youth in Revolt started well, but just drifted into Boringville. They should have used his alter ego wayyyyyyyy more than they did. He only popped up for a minute or two like 5-6 times?

I am disappoint.

I will watch most anything as long as it doesn't have an Ashton Kutcher or a Larry the Cable Guy type celebrity in it. I've been really into foreign movies lately, a lot of French shit

French films to check out:

lafemmenikita.jpg

ReadMyLips.jpg

picture-31.png

If you like that, watch this:

pure_formality.jpg

as I mentioned above:

delicatessen.jpg

Truffaut is an important person to watch.

400blows06.jpg

jules_et_jim_bfi_quad.png

Breathless.jpg

I really liked Alphaville.

alphaville.jpg

If you like Night on Earth, I recommend watching the rest of Jim Jarmusch's movies. "Down By Law" is a classic. I also recommend watching films by Aki Kaurismaki.

man-without-a-past.jpg

LeninCow.jpg

Leningrad Cowboys:

Leningrad_Cowboys.jpg

Need I saw more?

Shadows in Paradise:

Shadows.inParadise.jpg

I really like his work.

Another director that influenced Jarmusch was Seijun Suzuki.

tokyodrifter.jpg

branded_to_kill_dvd.jpg

And watch these Russian flicks:

B00006IUJ5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ComeSee.jpg

One of my friends recommended those to me, both are intense. In Come and See, when they gun down the Cow, it's real deal no ASPCA control cow killing. Live ammo.

And another really great film that is fucked up:

in-this-world.jpg

and a film that left me feeling fucked up:

CleanShavenCriterionColl9076_f.jpg

Ok. I'm done. Movie Recommendations. There ya go.

• Like 1

whoa earl, like 4 of those movies are in my netflix queue. Is tokyo drifter really good? I think I half watched it once when I was zonked on pills so I don't really remember it...but when I try to watch it now it annoys me because it's like constant deja vu so I always quit.

Disregard Brown Bunny.

Acquire Buffalo 66.

couldn't have said it better..

man on the train, breathless, the 400 blows and delicatessen ftw!

and i grabbed tokyo drifter at a yard sale a long time ago.

i've never been able to finish the entire movie. which is strange.

because any person that can sit and watch "scenes from a marriage"

all the way through should be able to conquer anything.

Brother%20From%20Another%20Planet%20DVD.jpg

Came across this on netflix instant yesterday. If you're in the mood for a wicked cheesy movie filled with outdated racist cultural cliches this may be for you. An escaped outer space slave (who for some reason is in the form of a black man) lands on earth and wonders around Harlem aimlessly and inadvertantly gets involved in shoplifting, heroin, prostitutes, writing (in an odd scene where he becomes overwhelmed with a wall and decides to cut his hand to write with blood) and stealing cars. His only problem is two alien bounty hunters (who for some reason are white). I was left wondering if this whole movie was an unjust comment on racial propensity by writer-director-editor John Sayles.

JohnSayles2.jpg