Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

watchin superman returns right now...

i'm starting to realize why superman may not share the same success as spiderman, batman, or x-men in the movies... because that nigga has too much power. there's a lack of suspense when he saves a woman's purse, and you know the mugger won't be able to do shit. bullet bounces off of him, a punch to superman will do nothing but hurt the man's hand. so basically the mugger is fucked. at least with batman there is a sense that he could get killed and that the punches will hurt when he gets punched. same with spiderman. they're both mortal. even the x-men are mortal with all their superpowers. with superman, if you dropped a nuclear bomb on him it wouldn't do shit. this causes a great loss of suspense and drama.

I just saw The Fountain and thought it was fucking fantastic.

Man, I'm so bummed out about missing that picture. I was in the middle of gearing up for finals when it was released and by the time I was done it was only in one theater showing once a day, and my father really wanted to see it to, we were all set to go on the last day it was going to be showing and some step-family drama happened and it was a no-go. Now the closest place it's playing is in Ithaca, NY, and if you're familiar with how far that is from Boston, MA, then you know I'm going to have to wait until DVD. Fucking sucks because this is a film that I KNOW has to be seen on a big screen, I just know it.

I watched the Fountain and I liked it a lot afterwards. A few days later, I absolutely fucking love it. The more I think of it the more amazing it becomes. I absolutely understand why it got such mixed reviews and it's definitely not a film for everyone. It's not about "getting it" either, it's a film that's more about being experienced than understood.

I didn't get to see it on a huge screen, the movie had been relegated to the smallest screen at the only arthouse theater in PR, but the visuals still blew me away. Try to catch it in HD as soon as it comes out. But even in terms of sensory experience, the visuals aren't even the best thing... I've gotta hand it to Clint Mansell, dude nailed the score even better than Requiem (IMO). At the very climax near the end, shit builds up so fucking intensely visually and aurally, I'm sitting here listening to that particular track and it's blowing my shit apart, seriously.

Bump for Suicide Club..shit was hilarious...Check these two out, they're pretty funny too.

idiocracy%20(Small).jpg

By Mike Judge..not as funny as Officespace, but still pretty great.

B000EHT5GE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is an early Takashi Miike flick..It's like watching a Corey Haim and Corey Feldman movie,

except it's japanese, weird, and actually pretty funny.

"Idiocracy" is supposed to be really, really funny and intelligent. Fox was worried that the movie wouldn't be understood by most of America so they did a one-week test release and then decided to do a straight-to-DVD release. They weren't even going to release it but there was a lot of outcry. Poor Mike Judge. He should have known better than to do a film that critiques modern American culture, particularly pop-culture and redneck mentality, and try to get Fox to release it. I can't wait to see it.