DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

cage matches, yellow armies, i'm down. the NWO got a hold of you all ready...who do you think distracts you by tricking you into thinking writing your name on a wall gives you status.

as for writing over faded work, it's GONNA happen. some of us won't ever do it, some of us go over work we may think sucks, but isnt that why we waste our gas and time flicking this shit? "our thing" is not a permanent art form. (or whatever you consider "our thing" to be) we live with the fact that the buff monster can wipe out an hours (or 2 minutes) worth of work after an 18 hour run, so you have to live with kene. going over someone's work is disrespectful, that's given, but it's also part of the game. and i don't even have a flick to post. go wings.

I am still super toy, the only work I have covered has been faded shit, that you know has had it's hang time and was probably at one time some other toys practice piece..... I don't really know all the "rules of engagement" but I feel talking with you folks may be a significant part of learning the in's and outs of my so-called addiction. I don't feel I will be one who posts a lot.... but I will try to learn from all you seasoned vets....... I write because I love the feeling.... I don't write to earn street cred....... I am also a female.... take it how you want.... I'm just looking to learn.

Oh yea! Go Wings!!!!

congrats on starting a new page and having no flicks. fuck kene, and fuck the bullshit. when did game write last? I heard like 95. I am bad at math but I think that is about 14 years or so. that is grounds for a verbal bashing. we all do toy ass shit at one point starting out, trust me, I have. but you gotta know your cities history. writing over game is just as bad as doing a throwy over sehv or justo, or jaunt for that matter. flicks to come here in a few after I smoke my breakfast. 2 menthols, a snickers bar, and a poop and we are on. lot of handstyles lately.

cage matches, yellow armies, i'm down. the NWO got a hold of you all ready...who do you think distracts you by tricking you into thinking writing your name on a wall gives you status.

as for writing over faded work, it's GONNA happen. some of us won't ever do it, some of us go over work we may think sucks, but isnt that why we waste our gas and time flicking this shit? "our thing" is not a permanent art form. (or whatever you consider "our thing" to be) we live with the fact that the buff monster can wipe out an hours (or 2 minutes) worth of work after an 18 hour run, so you have to live with kene. going over someone's work is disrespectful, that's given, but it's also part of the game. and i don't even have a flick to post. go wings.

people get their asses beat because of "that part of the game."

you have a pretty illinformed opinion.

going over shit because its faded is the most retarded shit i have heard. esp. of it involves going over someone who was painting before you had hair on your balls(or vag....for the female writers out there).

that was one of the few last game abstract type spots still running.not to mention one of the last harp spots. besides...its rather obvious that people have been purposely NOT painting over those spots for the last 15 or so years. get a fucking clue. or better yet....just stop painting.

i don't think going over super old faded shit is the *most* retarded things, however, i think that red's got a point. if no one's gone over it in this many years, then it's prob for a reason. i won't ever go over something that's faded, no matter what. especially if i know it's someone epic and not worthy of it. i think there's somethin pretty awesome about those flicks i take where it's a piece so faded you can barely read it, and then you can just make out dibs or iowa or beta or [fill in the name of someone awesome here].

now - what is the take on going over someone who's been dissed to hell and back? i mean, what if it's a decent piece but some jagoff splashed paint all over it or dissed it out or otherwise made it ugly to look at? leave it or go over it? what's the thought?

i just think red has a point about stuff bein there that long, i'm on the fence about it bein a high crime. it depends on the piece, how faded it was...it's a matter of opinion fo sho.

i agree about flicks, tho, so that's why i always flick my shit and those around me. that way if it's gone tomorrow i gots it. BUT if i came back a week later, a year later, or ten years later and my shit was still there...well... that would be fantastic.

i guess you have a point. i beleive its also how much respect you actually have from your peers that depends on how long your work runs. I have haters, so i make my self beleive that my peices may not run for a year to 10 years. That way i dont give my hopes up and am prepared for the faggots who decide to diss my shit.

arnt there flics of some old ass harp and game peices? hmmm, im pretty sure there is, so who gives a fuck what happens to those. I know i dont. now kosek on the other hand is a different story pure detroit legend handsdown. id rather see those running for the next couple centurys.

i beleive in flics. If somthing is faded fuck it, roll over it. One day your work will become just as loved as the work underneath it. call that disrespect if you want. I call it out with the old, in with the new. Only if you can bust somthing out fresher of course.

fuck that.... why would you think about going over something that hasnt been touched in over ten years? especially when the person who painted it is probably the reason you are painting today.... the mona lisa is old as fuck cracking away.. hey lets go paint over it with something more colorful and fresh ..... ??? think about it. its not a matter of opinion.

and as far as "believing in flics" .... think about the first graffiti you noticed... you didnt see it in a "flick" you saw it in person and saw the reality of the whole thing.... in my opinion... flcks aint shit compared to the real thing.

flicks def are not the same as the real thing - but the nature of graff is what it is and if you flick it then you know you will always have it. *almost* like putting brush to canvas.

unfortunately it's much like recording music off the radio onto cassette tape.

this is such a subjective argument - i mean i think we can at least agree it would depend on the writer/piece, wouldn't it? i mean, if you rolled up on a faded toy-ass piece, maybe a one-off or someone no one's heard of and it sucked (in your opinion) would you go over it? i'm not talking about legendary writers here...because writers go over all the time. that's a matter of fact.

so what about a piece makes you decide it's ok to go over? time? name? beef? place?