The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in no particular order...

blind - video days

fruit of the vine

151 - too l oud for the crowd (even though it's short as fuck)

anti hero - tent city

that mike valelly video, stand strong.

also, that show drive that mike v does is aweosme.

check out this little gem i stumbled onto today: http://www.skatevideosonline.net/

awesome.

Oh yeah...Chelsea Peters was killed in a car crash recently . His father being Duane Peters . It's nice Lucero made a memorial deck for him . R.I.P.

Article

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1757202.php

Video Duane made...seeing the car all wrecked is pretty sad .

where were you when i asked about this 4 days ago?

i was counting on you to be someone else that gave a shit hah

I liked Pepe Martinez when I was a teenager.

and that Zoo York video I think it was the first one ?? I dunno its the video they were watching on the Movie KIDS while doing whip-its.. What was that Video ???

I thought it was pretty sick.

1- BLIND "VIDEO DAYS"

2- H-STREET "SHACKLE ME NOT"

3- PLAN B "QUESTIONABLE VIDEO"

4- EASTERN EXPOSURE 3 "UNDERACHIEVERS" (IS THERE REALLY A PARTS 1 OR 2?)

5- ALMOST "CHEESE AND CRACKERS"

also, if you haven't seen "Speed Freaks", "Cigar City", or "Time Code"

check them out. Oh yeah and Sub zero and shop video from the nineties .

Z-roller Ricky kicks the shit out of some dude with a pony tail.

All the Baker movies have been my favorite growing up. I used to skate but stopped, it's been about a year since I've been on a board and still, I've been skating since '99. I wish I kept to my skill, but just sometimes you lose interest in things.

I've been skating since '99. I wish I kept to my skill, but just sometimes you lose interest in things.

Doesn't suprise me , there are a million kids like you . I guess skateboarding wasn't " popular " in your town after a while ? Maybe you realized skating isn't a sport ? :rolleyes:

I almost wish the 90's never happened , they were the breeding ground for people like above .

it was definitely video days in the movie KIDS. it's when the gonz is trying to ollie down the two flights, and eats shit, sending him sliding down the stairs on his side.

as for wishing the 90's never happened? i don't know, 95-2000 was a good time, if you were with the right people. maybe it's just because i was older. like anything though, it usually does depend on the people you're around.

like last night, i went to a bar full of 21 year old hipsters. i wish i had a fucking bag full of frag grenades.

i really am a bitter fuck.

it was definitely video days in the movie KIDS. it's when the gonz is trying to ollie down the two flights, and eats shit, sending him sliding down the stairs on his side.

as for wishing the 90's never happened? i don't know, 95-2000 was a good time, if you were with the right people. maybe it's just because i was older. like anything though, it usually does depend on the people you're around.

like last night, i went to a bar full of 21 year old hipsters. i wish i had a fucking bag full of frag grenades.

i really am a bitter fuck.

yo, it's easy to be bitter when 13 old kids are rocking bran new Bad Brains shirts and have never even owned a tape in their lives. It's kind of cool that things come full circle, but it sucks because there is no cred. any more. If something is cool chumps just jump on it. And these fucking hipsters! they act like they have been cool forever. I was running from security and hopping fences just to break shit when these fucks were sucking daddy's tit. Now they are cooler that me? Motherfuckers are all chilling at salons talking about Juxtapoz and arcade fire. sorry for the rant.

also, something i noticed about the scene in KIDS were Video Days is playing. Larry Clark holds the shot of the door for a couple of seconds after leo and justin go in. There is a Jeff Philiips sticker on the door. That sticker is very rare and considering the characters in the apt. kind of out of place. Jeff phillips contracted aids and killed himself on christmas day. I thought it was a clever move for l.c. to use that in the film.

yo, it's easy to be bitter when 13 old kids are rocking bran new Bad Brains shirts and have never even owned a tape in their lives. It's kind of cool that things come full circle, but it sucks because there is no cred. any more. If something is cool chumps just jump on it. And these fucking hipsters! they act like they have been cool forever. I was running from security and hopping fences just to break shit when these fucks were sucking daddy's tit. Now they are cooler that me? Motherfuckers are all chilling at salons talking about Juxtapoz and arcade fire. sorry for the rant.

wow, mad bitter.

even if the 13 yr olds never owned a tape, there are way more younger kids i have met who listen to classic rock, and "classic" punk now, because of their parents who grew up with it. most pop music these days sucks, and at least the kids are recognizing an older generation of better music...

my friends 9 yr old, listens to black flag, minor threat, daivd bowie, and the clash, because of their late 30s parents listen to it. way better than the kid listening to kevin federline and omarion... i say its a positive thing.

but i undertsnad where youre coming from when jumping on bandwagons.

i agree cool parents do make cool kids. i guess even if there peers like good music its cool, just as long as they get in to it. i guess i'm really pissed at the "hot topic" style stores that are just cashing in on it. and the kids that are just getting the shirts and cds because there cool. in the end the posers always weed themselves out. there is no doubt in my mind that i will own a skateboard for the rest of my life. i know that doesn't make me better than anyone who has moved on to whatever you do when you quit skating. but it makes me happy to know i never fronted on shit.