The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been wanting to see that movie for along time. damn i miss when World was the king of the industry and skating was just pure anarchy against society norms. Now it seems condensed down to a marketable look and family oriented activity. Skateboarding needs another steve rocco right now. Things need to change becuase skateboarding is a way of life not a fashion statement.

So. Im at this spot around the street from the aquarium spot (aka, long wharf) in Boston.

There is a knee high marble ledge, which you have to ollie over to a drop, which is about chest high, into the street. So I head full speed at it. And right as im about to ollie. I just hit a crack. Sending my flying forwards. over the ledge, and just smash onto the street. After that I had a pretty succesful day.

when skating was real n raw before it soled out to mtv when it was underground and under the radar basically hardcore street shit not this mainstream wanna be cop out bull..

kareem campell http://www.bobshirt.com/NSNG/KareemTrilogy.html

lavar mcbride http://www.bobshirt.com/NSNG/KareemTrilogy.html

*lavar trilogy part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ey7DBCIdJQ *

I've been wanting to see that movie for along time. damn i miss when World was the king of the industry and skating was just pure anarchy against society norms. Now it seems condensed down to a marketable look and family oriented activity. Skateboarding needs another steve rocco right now. Things need to change becuase skateboarding is a way of life not a fashion statement.

Maybe it's because you're young and don't really know what you're talking about that this post is a complete contradiction.

Getting out and riding a board anywhere and everywhere, every time you can is SKATEBOARDING.

Thinking any one phase skating has gone though during its growth is better than any other is limiting and a waste of time.

The early 90's (big pants & small wheels.. hating on tranny) was fun to experience ... as much as the late 80's (jump ramps & early grabs..mad vert) BUT now we are living a time where you have people reaching back to all eras as well as pushing forward simultaneously and co-existing very well... You can go into a shop and buy a set up from an Alva 70's board, to an 80's 10x32 and everything in between.

The evolution has spoken and it is all inclusive ... To each their own !!!

Shut up & SKATE

ZORTEEBSHUTUP-2T.jpg

oh one more thing fuck this whole skateboard fashion statement bullshit ill rather ride butt naked than subject myself to some made up trend that the media wants the youth to be portrayed by. the media ruins everything, kids didnt want to look like everyone else so they rebelled by wearin baggy pants n started sagn then the media stole that n put a price on it n called it hip hop, then the tight pants came out n the same shit happened! so basically wut im tryin to say is dont become a victim to trends or even speak of them because thats what THEY want so just shut ur mouth throw ur mirror away n just skate people...

(see this guy knows wuts up he dont rock trends hell he dont rock shit)