The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

see ... everyone has prefrence due to trying diffrent things along the way.

diffrent strokes ... but the only way you find out what fits you is getting something under your feet to start rolling on.

your trucks will outast everything else ... so as sugested if you have big feet get a widerboard with wider trucks, then you can try risers no risers, diffrent wheel sizes, slight changes in board widths and your trucks will keep going.

good luck ... have fun ... falling is part of skating (get up and try that shit again.)

I'm a big guy, 6'2 and 180lbs.

I know boards come in different sizes so you know....

Like I said, the only spot around here is Zumiez...so hit up the website for the shit they have.

I will look into the whole riser thing.

I will for sure be getting a blank deck...I don't need anything fancy and my budget is rather tight.

Cheap-O everything.

And I'm not a poser... I was expecting to get jumped on when I posted in this thread (the same way graffiti heads deal with new kids) but I was suprised to see that everyone on here is pretty friendly....don't fuck it up.

poser.

bruce, dope setup would include:

girl, flip, habitat, or baker deck.

royal trucks.

size51 spitfires or any deck company wheels.

bones reds, swiss, or mini logo bearings.

jessup griptape.

fuck riser pads.

I didnt notice this combo. This is funny to me ... So caught up in what makes a good skateboard for yourself that you think everyone should be on the same shit. Its that insecure skater shit that fucked up skating in the 90's to have a bunch of clones rolling around all looking and skating the same.

Todays skaters have a bigger pool of influence to draw upon and its making skating better IMHO.

I didnt notice this combo. This is funny to me ... So caught up in what makes a good skateboard for yourself that you think everyone should be on the same shit. Its that insecure skater shit that fucked up skating in the 90's to have a bunch of clones rolling around all looking and skating the same.

Todays skaters have a bigger pool of influence to draw upon and its making skating better IMHO.

what?!

fuck you ya fag.

so im guessing youre:

8.5 black label or some other dinosaur company

huge independant trucks

gi-normous wheels.

how close was i?

tool.

listen, i wasnt telling him what to ride i was helpin a dude out.

that setup i listed was my personal preference for a setup.

ive loved royals ever since i first rode them.

ventures are dope too.

as are krux's, but royal are my personal fave.

any board will usually do me fine.

and i dont need some dipshit who cant even properly throw down a tre flip

preach to me on my preferance.

eat a dick queer.

btw listen skateboards are rad as well.

huge independant trucks

gi-normous wheels.

how close was i?

tool.

I like being a dinosaur . :lol: 169mm isn't that huge , anything smaller and I can't carve for shit . 60mm is perfect for some . I ride 56mm Spitfire O.G. Lifers for the street .

Does anyone else out there have more than 1 setup ? I have 3 I'm gonna skate indoor Chenga World Skatepark this Winter . All 3 are a lot different , at least to me .

#1 Black Label / Emergency Jeff Grosso 9 1/4" x 33 1/4"

Independent 169mmTrucks

Black Label 1" risers

Rat Bones 60mm

#2 1031 Chad Knight 7 7/8" x 31.2"

Independent 169mm Trucks

Independent 1/8 Risers

Spitfire Jeff Grosso Lifers 56mm

#3 Eric Dressen Vetern's Division 8.2 X 31.7

Independent 169mm Trucks

Independent 1/8 Risers

Pig Jason Adams 55mmWheel

I pretty much can skate everything Chenga has , Street / Vert and be satisfied . It took me quite some time to figure out what works .

Oh yeah , don't be suprised if I ask for some of your addresses...I'm feeling generous this season and want to get rid of decks , trucks , wheels , hardware , etc...that are overflowing from my pirate chest in our spare room . :lol::cool: Bruce_1nR if you want I have some stuff for you . How about a Jason Adams Enjoi I rode maybe 3 times ? You can have it .

what?!

fuck you ya fag.

so im guessing youre:

huge independant trucks

gi-normous wheels.

how close was i?

tool.

Yes !!!!! You are the insecure skater kid !!!!

I bet I have been skating longer than you have been alive ... but that is here nor there. Its the interwebz and I dont give a fuck I just call 'em as I see 'em.

But you are wrong ...

I am riding a Crimson 7.75

Indy Low's

1/8" risers

shop blank wheels 53

bones swiss

Shut up and go skate ...I just had a good session in a private park between these posts to take my own advice.

Oh yeah , don't be suprised if I ask for some of your addresses...I'm feeling generous this season and want to get rid of decks , trucks , wheels , hardware , etc...that are overflowing from my pirate chest in our spare room . :lol::cool: Bruce_1nR if you want I have some stuff for you . How about a Jason Adams Enjoi I rode maybe 3 times ? You can have it .

man for real, ANYTHING you wanna get rid of, especially decks, i would gladly take from you.

i've been needing a new setup for sooo long but i'm broke as fuck.

/no crybaby

if you cant hit handrails and do flips tricks that exceed more than 360 degrees than you shouldnt start skating.

/sarcasm

:)

Well, tomorrow I'll be going to Zumiez to poke around and see whats what. I've got $110 to my name so I'm hoping shit will break even.

And Celt, if you have anything that you think would help out a newbie, feel free to send it my way, I 'might' be able to hit you back on S&H charges, but that remains to be seen. Don't worry about sending me the goods, save them for the people who can make the most use out of them.

Since Atlantic Aviation ( where I work ) uses FedEx , we usually get free shipping 25lb and under . I'll make a list this weekend of things I need to get rid of . I used to thing my vinyl waas bad , but jeez , the sk8 stuff is amassed quickly in the new house .

Here's what I have so far , at least what's not shoved into a box for me to find . 3 Westside Skates decks . That's the local shop 3 blocks from my house . 1 pair of Independent 169mm trucks , 1 of them being pretty much useless because I grinded it down to the washer . A Jason Adams Enjoi deck , 2 sets of Spitfire wheels 58mm and 60mm . 3 different sets of hardware , 2 of them being 1" & the other 1 1/2" all Independent . Bearings , I have some crap China Reds I never used and some Ninja bearings ( I might give out as an X-Mas present to one of you ) , There's another 5-6 decks I might either trade or sell as I donated a lot of things to the Skateopia Skateboard Museum . I know somewhere I have 2 sets of 159mm trucks , Krux I believe that I won in a contest .

Yes !!!!! You are the insecure skater kid !!!!

I bet I have been skating longer than you have been alive ... but that is here nor there. Its the interwebz and I dont give a fuck I just call 'em as I see 'em.

But you are wrong ...

I am riding a Crimson 7.75

Indy Low's

1/8" risers

shop blank wheels 53

bones swiss

Shut up and go skate ...I just had a good session in a private park between these posts to take my own advice.

im not one to drag on a huge arguement over the internet, but how the hell am i insecure?!

im the guy who'll take anything you'll give him (nohomo)

my setup righ now is all used(and i mean hella used) parts:

7.5 tim o'connor habitat

royal trucks (i never care about the size)

old blind 53's

bones reds

i used to rock risers but they just got too annoying.

so please tell me, how am i insecure?

/no smart ass