The Great Photography Superthread

H. Lecter

twip_2003_0417_10.jpg

Picuruta Salazar rides the "Pororoca," a wave that flows upstream and reaches a height of 4 meters on the world's second longest river, the Amazon, in Brazil, in this undated photo. The Pororoca happens every year between February and March when the ocean whips back on the heavily drained Amazon and creates a giant swell that flows upstream for hundreds of miles. Salazar, a Brazilian, rode the dirty brown wave for 37 minutes, traveling 12 kilometers through the rainforest.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eyeofgod.jpg

The "Eye of God". A composite of a bunch of photos taken by the Hubble.

flowers.jpg

Snopes.com has the GPS coordinates to this place. Apparently it's about a half of a mile off some mountain road somewhere.

maged.jpg

Tease.

177606837_l.jpg

This is a picture of a kid that I used to work with when I was 16 that I found on myspace.

twip_2002_1212_05.jpg

twip_2002_1017_07.jpg

twip_2002_1127_08.jpg

Some of the famous Lopburi monkeys of Thailand partake in the food and drinks spread out for them during the annual monkey buffet fair in the province, about 90 miles east of Bangkok. Around 3,000 stray monkeys joined the feast in Lopburi, well-known for the thousands of monkeys that live in an old palace in the middle of the town.

twip_2002_1127_06.jpg