CAPS sooperthread

haunts

just used some nail warnish remover and some turps to clean some caps, i had about 150 clogged caps, put em in a container, shook it up for 15- 20 mins, then used an empty can to blow the gunk out,

i got about 50 caps out of 150 unblocked. fats seem to unblock really easy, bannana skinnys and alien caps dont.

just thort id leave a post coz loadsa people are wondering if it works....it does...somtimes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man this thread is boring....

i don't care about caps you can buy, what about caps that you can find? how hard is it to find and get excited about the caps that Montana makes for their paint?? weak.

a long time ago, there was a photocopied page with a list of all the products that had good caps to use for paint. this was before the internet, i gotta admit.

historically, oven cleaner was the classic go to for caps. it's probably one of the first products that went to a female tip (non-danvern) since the caps were being stolen left and right. Products like Niagara Spray Starch, Scotch Guard, Panel Magic, and of course, Jiffoam Oven Cleaner (the most unusual hooded caps, real lo-profile). these were legendary in the subway era, writers should know that shit. There's definitely more stuff than just the damn Elmer's Spray Glue, which got blown up bad and lots of places don't stock anymore, as far as what i see.

Anyone remember Chicago caps? Maybe that was a NY thing, they had blue centers and were a very nice medium dot. I miss when NY Fats were really softball caps, when you used em on Krylons. What about other colors in the style that Rustos come in? I have red, brown, light blue, and yellow centers... anyone else find these? the red and yellow are Meltonian Shoe Wax and Panel Magic, respectively (both very old).

caps should be a issue of creativity and experimentation, not just what a website sells to you. dammit, i'm old.

Thats my steezy :)

I have some of the other rusto colors...brown is my favorite.....gets some REAL clean lines

I've been a pretty big advocate of pink dots and level 5's for the past yer or two... but I recently got a hankering for some NY Fats. Seems they've changed since my last time with them. Either that, or I've been using euro caps for too long. Krylon + NY Fat + Skills = Dopest Handstyles.

ny fat is by far my favorite cap right now

versatile as fuck

outlines, thin and big

big soft lines if you want, too

fast coverage... etc

bix floor stripper is one can you can get a quality rocket cap off of.

if you dont know what it is, you probly shouldnt fuck with it. rocket caps can be sweet or suck really bad depending on who uses them.

the ones on bix work on all cans, the ones i got off some oops spray only work on rusto cause they get stuck down on krylon and stuff.

yeah so... I was just fucking around today with the tips I got... Uh, NYC fat's(Love 'em) and NYC Thins(Hate 'em) then I got the German's fat cap(orange dots) and the German Outlines(Which I also love.)

Can control is what it's all about really and the german outlines are fun to write with. I'm learning alot just by fucking around with those.

yo.

wen i use my new york fats or blue dots on america's finest black and silver paint, they dont make flairs. but wen i use them on other type of cans, the flairs come easily. like really really nice flairs.

wut type of caps are good to make flairs for americas finest?

btw, the america's finest is cheap paint.

this may be usless info to sum of u but others might find it useful.

this is how to make a cap for a shit can of paint that works pretty fucken good.

1. take the cap of the top of an export can (or other shit paint)

2. this cap should have a small hole in the top that does not go all the way through the cap

3. take a skewer ad peice straight through the cap making a hole that goes from the top of the cap

straight through into the channel the paint goes through.

stick a rusto fat cap in the hole u have made in the cap as if u were putting it into a can.

4. the rusto will only go 2 millimetres into the cap because of the design of the dick on rusto caps

5.put cap back on can

6. wen u spray your can two jets of paint will come out. one from the rusto and one from the original hole for paint to come out of.

7. the two jets will come together in a v shape giving u a perfect line with no drips or anything.

my instructions suck but if u can figure out wat im trying to tell u then its worth a try as it will only take u a maximum of 5 minutes to try

• 2 weeks later...

prestone interior cleaner has a good cap for the kilz craftcote wierd cans.

its a good fat cap. also, a good skinny cap for those comes from the really really tiny axe cans that you get for free somewhere, i got one like a very long time ago, and now i used to cap for something productive.

those are for the wider stem male cans only though

this may be usless info to sum of u but others might find it useful.

this is how to make a cap for a shit can of paint that works pretty fucken good.

1. take the cap of the top of an export can (or other shit paint)

2. this cap should have a small hole in the top that does not go all the way through the cap

3. take a skewer ad peice straight through the cap making a hole that goes from the top of the cap

straight through into the channel the paint goes through.

stick a rusto fat cap in the hole u have made in the cap as if u were putting it into a can.

4. the rusto will only go 2 millimetres into the cap because of the design of the dick on rusto caps

5.put cap back on can

6. wen u spray your can two jets of paint will come out. one from the rusto and one from the original hole for paint to come out of.

7. the two jets will come together in a v shape giving u a perfect line with no drips or anything.

my instructions suck but if u can figure out wat im trying to tell u then its worth a try as it will only take u a maximum of 5 minutes to try

this shit is retarded. if you really have to use shit cans, then obviously you arent going to paint a fuck'n lithograph. keep it grimey. use the stock tip