CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forget buying those caps man, i just snatch em up off the ground at chill spots....theres always someone who will throw off a good cap....i just take em home and clean em, or sometimes when i am out i go pick em like flowers from various aerosol cans at local gardens(walmart, homedepot, michaels) find your garden pick some flowers.

True or go to any place where they painting legally, & wait for the event to almost come to an end, I caught a bunch of caps after that ecko jumpoff last year, bagged em up & traded for Montana (I refuse to pay for that shit) plus if you're younger some older writer will look out as long as you take in some info.

forget buying those caps man, i just snatch em up off the ground at chill spots....theres always someone who will throw off a good cap....i just take em home and clean em, or sometimes when i am out i go pick em like flowers from various aerosol cans at local gardens(walmart, homedepot, michaels) find your garden pick some flowers.

True or go to any place where they painting legally, & wait for the event to almost come to an end, I caught a bunch of caps after that ecko jumpoff last year, bagged em up & traded for Montana (I refuse to pay for that shit) plus if you're younger some older writer will look out as long as you take in some info.

this has probly been posted before, but on those caps where the dot has a circle type nozzle, but that bump thing around it (chisel caps) you can cut the bump thing off and it makes it spray more like a regular cap.

im starting to think rusto fats might be better for piecing than ny thins, i keep getting gross looking flares on my outlines with ny thins on painters touch, and with rusto fats the line isnt much bigger and it maintains a thick harder line...

No, my problem was "underspray". I would put a Rusto Fat on the Painters Touch and a lot of paint would leak out from under the cap. So I was getting no pressure out of the paint, waisting paint, and leaving a lot of evidence on my hands...

But right after I posted that question i tried out a different Painters Touch can, and it worked like it should. nice big "softball". Maybe it was the cans, or maybe I'm fuckin' it up in the heat of the moment. I'll try some NY Fats next

Are these the caps depending on how you use them canb make a fat and or skinny line.?

you can make skinny lines with any cap.

most caps can make fat lines if you hold the can farther away from the wall

best example - ny fat.

and yes, they do make caps that spray larger than a basketball.i have two different kinds.

i think... i have two kinds that do more than 12 inches when used on certain cans.

i dont know how wide a basketball is. theyre big cankillers though.

man this thread is boring....

i don't care about caps you can buy, what about caps that you can find? how hard is it to find and get excited about the caps that Montana makes for their paint?? weak.

a long time ago, there was a photocopied page with a list of all the products that had good caps to use for paint. this was before the internet, i gotta admit.

historically, oven cleaner was the classic go to for caps. it's probably one of the first products that went to a female tip (non-danvern) since the caps were being stolen left and right. Products like Niagara Spray Starch, Scotch Guard, Panel Magic, and of course, Jiffoam Oven Cleaner (the most unusual hooded caps, real lo-profile). these were legendary in the subway era, writers should know that shit. There's definitely more stuff than just the damn Elmer's Spray Glue, which got blown up bad and lots of places don't stock anymore, as far as what i see.

Anyone remember Chicago caps? Maybe that was a NY thing, they had blue centers and were a very nice medium dot. I miss when NY Fats were really softball caps, when you used em on Krylons. What about other colors in the style that Rustos come in? I have red, brown, light blue, and yellow centers... anyone else find these? the red and yellow are Meltonian Shoe Wax and Panel Magic, respectively (both very old).

caps should be a issue of creativity and experimentation, not just what a website sells to you. dammit, i'm old.