Moving

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i too am one of the smokers behind your pad, i'm surprised you never heard or felt me slangin rocks at YOU..

i've lived deep in the 'dale' and its really not that bad. just be nice to the crackheads and hookers and its all gravy... and the dale is pretty fun, a lot of action goin on 24/7.

mes' story takes the cake too.. i can't help feeling i was partly responsible, us grubby writers and all... haha..

do it. you'll love it.

Moving stories - Share them

I've moved to two apartments that were directly above the boiler room. I know what you mean when you say it's unbearably hot all year round. I had one place in a house with 3 other guys, our neighbors were a old crazy lady who would yell for her cat, "Mittens", every morning at about 7 AM in loud smoker banshee-style, the other side lived a admitted crackhead/heroin ex-Big Dig worker. Upstairs were a bunch of young yuppie motherfuckers who had their home entertainment system set up right above my bedroom and gave me numerous headaches. One of my roommates was a pot dealer from CT with ego issues and 4 TV screens in his car his parents bought him, the other was a sociopathic alcoholic coast guard worker. The third was a cool guy from PA. The apartment leaked, the windows didn't close all the way, and the heating bill in the winter was 300-400 dollars a month.

I moved into one place in a moment of desperation that was in a house in the one real shitty area of Brighton, 4 other people and one of them had a dog who he let shit and piss in the unfinished basement. I moved my stuff in, watched 3 kids dressed in all red cut through the yard smoking a blunt, realized the whole house reaked of cat piss and that my roommates were all a bunch of slobby herbs, and didn't spend one night there. Went back to the parents house, two weeks later I moved all my stuff out, luckily I didn't sign a lease.

Last place I lived in with the cool kid and the sociopathic alcoholic the sociopath bailed and didn't pay rent for 5 straight months when he ran off the Jersey. He left all his stuff there and I hocked loogies on his bed daily and wiped my crusty ass on the inside of his suit pants pockets. About 3 or 4 pairs. I also stole his digital video camara, brand new discman, and sweet pair of headphones. Still, not worth it considering me and the cool guy had to pay off his end out of our pockets which was as you can imagine, a large amount. Found another roommate and he was cool but dirty dirty dirty.

What is your place like now and would you move?

I live in my parents attic. There's no rent and the food is free. I don't pay utilities and I have a parking spot. But I am moving to a new place I found yesterday because living with your parents is lame.

What do you look for in a new spot?

I look for apartments that aren't ground level because they tend to leak and are too gloomy. The view is important, this new place has a view of the city skyline that is excellent, when I move in I'll post pictures. Also, the apartment has to be in tip-top condition. I'm sick of living in places where the walls are cracking and stained, the ceiling sags and is brown, where it smells like piss, where the kitchen looks like something out of a janitor's closet, where the bathroom looks like it was built in the 50's, etc etc. And I will never, ever live above a boiler room again.

I look for places that I know will not be filled with loud, drunken college kids, little mexican children that scream and yell all day and night, hipsters that like to blast music while doing coke at 3 AM, etc.

And this time around I was looking for a place for myself. The place I'm living in also has no upstairs neighbors, so I don't have to worry about moving in with the mysterious "Leadfoot".

How can a roomate relationship be ended with tact?

Easily, she's not your mother or your wife. Just tell her you want to find a place for yourself in a more quiet neighborhood.

I really recommend that you take that place below your friend and his wife. That way you can be assured that your upstairs neighbor isn't a dick and you'll have a friend real close by.

damn fermentor..... great reply! you've had it much worse than me.

See I was in the wedding party for my buddy and his wife,

plus I'm hoping to get 'put down' as godfather for the kids

that I know aren't too far away. There's also an amazing

coach house out back that might get the full reno. If I could

get in there I'l be loving it.

thanks for the advice too. She knows that I have issues with

the place and that we've both thought about finding somewhere

better. I think she figured that we'd find somewhere better

together, but I'm not down. She was talking about buying a

a house and me paying her rent, but theres no way I'm doing

yard work and fixing the eaves trough on a rental. That's what the landlord is for.

I say go..its important to feel comfortable in your own home. If you've got to spend all day at school, work etc etc its good to have a relativley stress free place to come back to.

I'm really happy where TT and I are ...Right by the beach, plus we just got a real sofa, not some crappy futon, and a nice big bookshelf. The only reason I sometimes consider moving is that we dont have a patio or porch and I know that many other places in our area have them for the same price we are paying.

Are the Alberta Boyz still coming out here? ;)

I hear you about having a patio or a deck.

I've got a really nice deck now, and here's a pic:

IMG_1096.jpg

but out the front door and it's a chared starewell, then smack on to the busy street.

No tree out front, no grass even. Boom. Street.

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k@Feb 1 2005, 03:00 PM

mes' story takes the cake too.. i can't help feeling i was partly responsible, us grubby writers and all... haha..

yah thanks alot man. fucking dirty graffiti writer. haha I still have that infamous photo some place....

I actually kinda wish that whole thing had set off more beef than it did. oh well. some people are just pussies I guess. haha

After months of looking at places in several different locations in my city, with as many different potential roomates as browsed apartments, I'm still living with my folks. I almost moved January 1st with a friend of mine, my new potential roomate, but we decided not to because...

a) The place was decent, 5th floor walk up on a main drag (not too trendy), but the rooms were not equal in size, one being much smaller, with no closet space, so it wouldn't have been fair to one of us. Also, if you play the upright bass a 5th floor walk up = more back pain.

b) It's not like my folks are kicking me out, and it's not like my roomie has to move by a certain date, so why not be picky about where you're gonna drop loot on a broker's fee and commit for a year, maybe two?

c) I can save up even more this month, putting me in better shape financially than I would've been a month ago.

Some good things about where I plan on moving is, it's a nice area, close to subways and not far from the center of the city. There is a large Brazilian population, which is nice when you're fluent in portuguese, but also a large Croatian and Greek population, so lots of hot girls. My work is based out of this neighborhood, so I could either walk or bike to work.

Of course, this will be my first place, and I'm sure it won't go anything as I expect it to, but I guess I just have to hope for something good to come from it. If anything it'll be good to live away from the folks again, and to be closer to the city where it all happens.

Originally posted by seeking@Feb 1 2005, 06:39 PM

man, maybe i shouldnt move there. that much moderating power in such close proximity could lead to disaster. it's like crossing streams if you're a ghost buster. when me and KOH lived together, i 'accidentally' condemned the entire continent australia for a brief period!

:lol: good stuff.

the fucking apartments i was about to move out into in a couple more months... my boy lives over there, his car just got jacked last weekend and they took it down south and stripped it. now im not sure if i should move there or keep looking.

fuck.

I hear you there Kaes. If you have the time, wait for what's right.

This move move I'm looking at will be May, provided the people

actually move out. I should know this month if they're going.

I think the girl who lives here is waiting to hear if she got accepted

to university. I'm wishing her luck....

tease... I'll be living in a new place WAY before you're on your own.

hell... I might own a place before you move out.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E@Feb 1 2005, 09:42 PM

the fucking apartments i was about to move out into in a couple more months... my boy lives over there, his car just got jacked last weekend and they took it down south and stripped it. now im not sure if i should move there or keep looking.

cars get stolen everywhere, in every neighborhood. not moving into the apartment based on one car getting stolen seems like a really weak excuse. if you got a chance to live in an apartment with your homie, you should go for it.

Oh yeah, kilo, I meant to drop some 2cents to what you said. If a good opportunity presents itself, I always say go for it. I almost got pulled into an nice apartment with other people I know in a different, but equally cool part of town. that fell through, though that friend said you never know with roomates who aren't good with rent. If that room comes up I may have to ditch the cat I'm planning on moving in March 1st with, and he knows it. As long as you're upfront and allow the person plenty of time to figure out a plan B it should be cool. Beh, I'm saying nothing you don't already know.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe+Feb 2 2005, 04:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mackfatsoe - Feb 2 2005, 04:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-T=E=A=S=E@Feb 1 2005, 09:42 PM

cars get stolen everywhere, in every neighborhood. not moving into the apartment based on one car getting stolen seems like a really weak excuse. if you got a chance to live in an apartment with your homie, you should go for it.

[/b]

sounds like a really weak excuse? haha, what the fuck is wrong with you idiots.

haha, "hey, i hear people get shot here all the time, fuck yea! lets move in"...

youre a moron.

and i know cars get stolen all the time, and it can happen anywhere, im well aware of that, but you also have odds you dumb fuck, which means that in certain places the odds might be greater than other areas.

you goofy mother fucker.