Rodney Mullen

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at a demo in like 91 or so. It was Jason Lee, Kareem Kambel, Dune, possibly Guy Mariano, and Rodney mullen. Kareem had literally just busted out on the scene and I remember him doing one-foots over this gap and impossibles and shit on flat. Jason Lee kept trying backside flips over this bench and eventually wigged out and focused his board while letting out a barbaric scream of frustration. Like I said I'm not 100% on Guy being there but I think I remember him trying to break in some new shoes... Airwalk "Next" if I'm not mistaken.

And Rodney Mullen did every freestyle (flatground) trick and variation there-of in exsistance at the time (and alot that had never even been fathomed yet) and litterally fucked up on 3 tricks during the entire demo. I actually kept count. It was pretty much the same scenarrio when I saw him skate a demo with the Plan-B team in 93-94 or so only now he was doing ledge, bank and other street shit. The guy is and always has been a fucking machine... a fucking robot! Lots of people over the years have tried to use this fact to hate on the guy. YOU CAN'T HATE ON THE GUY!!!

Rodney Mullen is a fucking legend in skateboarding.

Real niggas know.

Anybody wants to disagree come see me!

Originally posted by fillysfinest@Jan 9 2005, 08:09 PM

ive been skating 4 like ten yrears now and let me break it down for those who never heard of skateboarding till tony hawl pro skater came out for ps1...

#1 tony hawk is related to skateboarding like kelly slater is related 2 surfing, however tony hawk sucks! hes a padded up vert skater who did a 900 air one time and got rep...he sux!

Holly shit! You know about as much about skateboarding as you do about graff! :haha:

Tony Hawk is the Rodney Mullen of Vert you fucking morron! He's invented at least 75% of what Vert skating is and he's been the reigning king since he was in his early-mid teens. Long before ESPN X-Games even exsisted, and to this day can't nobody touch him.

And by the way, I've been skating for 16 years. :tongue:

Originally posted by PUMPKIN ESCOBAR+Jan 27 2006, 06:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PUMPKIN ESCOBAR - Jan 27 2006, 06:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Jan 27 2006, 12:58 AM

YOU CAN'T HATE ON THE GUY!!!

So true. Dude invented the kickflip. Nuff said.

[/b]

Dude invented practically every single street trick including the flat ground Ollie.

I remember an ad in Big Brother or something that listed every trick he invented from the flat-ground Ollie, to kickflips, to healflips, to shove-its, pop-shovits, varialflips, 360-flips, imposibles, front-foot impossibles, pressureflips,switch ollies, switchflips, switch everything... etc...etc...etc... and all in the 80's!!! :yuck:

Originally posted by fillysfinest@Jan 9 2005, 03:09 PM

ive been skating 4 like ten yrears now and let me break it down for those who never heard of skateboarding till tony hawl pro skater came out for ps1...

#1 tony hawk is related to skateboarding like kelly slater is related 2 surfing, however tony hawk sucks! hes a padded up vert skater who did a 900 air one time and got rep...he sux!

#2 rodney mullin who i might add wasnt even in the first tony hawk game is the inventor and pioneer of modern day street skating, he invented and performs all those special tricks in that game. he laid the entire framework 4 modern skateboarding. he invented the fucking ollie 4 goodness sake!

#3 rodney vs daewon round 1 & 2 r classic, round 3 just came out recently and is actually called the almost video round 3. almost is rodney and daewons new company. u have 2 watch 2 belive but i will hands down say rodney mullin is an alien, the stuff he does is not human<-------------

I know this has already been pointed out, but I couldn't leave this thread without mentioning what a fucktard Fillysfinest is.

Tony Hawk bought a fucking house, CASH, on his 18th birthday... with money he made from skateboarding. He did not get his "rep" from doing the 900, he got it from twenty years of innovation, winning every contest he entered, making "The End" (which ranks among the most anticipated, mind- boggling, and influential skate videos ever made), and just generally being one of the best skateboarders in the history of the sport. It would be tough to argue that skateboarding would be where it is today without his influence. Jackass.

Also, doing a 900 is really fucking impressive.

Archived