Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo freak, im feeling it maybe you shold keep workin on simples for a while, i like your style tho keep on it, peace

spin i like the 4th piece keep workin at it until you got it down bruv,

im feelin that "cream" ting, looks dope

pluto you got mad style

krem1 your too good :(

peace

heres a lil sketch advice welcome.

sketch.jpg

Melo, i think that you should use that purple M in stead of the Green M on the bottom one, i think that might look really cool

Flux, cool shit, how do you learn to do that? just practice i guess right? i love your sketches, some very interesting shapes in there that i think you should incorporate more into your drawings

Anyway i have a new piece as well, please let me know what you all think i have been working hard on letter structure hopefully this shows improvement

Chaingang.jpg

@Groove, thanks for the comments homie...

What does it say, Nile? I can't really find anything wrong with your piece except its kind hard to make out what it says. Other than that everything else is on point, colors, extension, fill and force field. I even like the chain and eyeball. Just work on your letter structure. Especially the N if that’s what it is.

yo, vile that handstyle needs to go.

letter structure is descent (it is a V, right?)

the chain is dope, but i'm not feeling the eyeball.

flux- that 3d shit you do is tight, i like the shading alot.

your coloring is simple, try experimenting, go wild.

melo- not realy feelin' those stickers, but the throwie on the wall has more potential, in my opinion.

-POLITICS

yeah the eyeball didnt flow right, it is not nearly as organic as it was in the sketch, it lost something with the outline, also its not an N its a V, can you point out why it was confusing to you? or is it a good thing?

Yeah i know the handstyle BLOWS hard, i dont know how to do one though, like how do i even learn? to me it looks like people just write as sloppy as possible, any suggestions??

Not to be a jerk Vile but that piece has very little structure.

I see the term letter structure thrown around so much these days

on these boards but still hardly anyone truly understands what it is.

For starters, imaging you are building your letters with boards of wood.

The boards are all the same size but you can cut them to make them

shorter if needed. The boards can be bended to create curves but they

do not get wider or skinnier; they stay the same width in all areas.

I know that's not the greatest explanation but it's easier to show with

images than with words and I don't have time to post anything up right

now. Maybe if I get some time later I'll post something so you can get

a better understanding of what I mean. But start with that.

@Politics&Bullshit, yeah I really need to work on my coloring (Markers). That's why a lot shit I post is digital. lol

@Groove, oh it says vile... I think you need to work on the lower half of that V because it could be a U and or a J. Like I said, other than that it's on point. I wish I could freak markers like that. What type of markers are you using? I have some prima but they’re only primary and secondary colors.

Not to be a jerk Vile but that piece has very little structure.

I see the term letter structure thrown around so much these days

on these boards but still hardly anyone truly understands what it is.

For starters, imaging you are building your letters with boards of wood.

The boards are all the same size but you can cut them to make them

shorter if needed. The boards can be bended to create curves but they

do not get wider or skinnier; they stay the same width in all areas.

I know that's not the greatest explanation but it's easier to show with

images than with words and I don't have time to post anything up right

now. Maybe if I get some time later I'll post something so you can get

a better understanding of what I mean. But start with that.

Please do post some pics because i really really dont get it, i was pretty sure it just meant work on how i form my letters i have not idea what you mean with boards, should i layer them? please post pics i think your explanation would be alot more helpful and clearer if it had pics to go with it

Also I have only been writing for 3 months, i dont understand more complicated structures yet

Thanks

Flux, I have a set of Prismas, i use them for other things besides graff and i have been using them since i have been a kid for the most part (my dad used them_ anyway thats what i use, i love them and i love how they color, but i used to use prisma colored pencils which are also the shit when u press hard enough you get a real good texture

groove, basically what hes saying abotu letter structure is make it all the same width and thickness throughout the letter...i dont really understand why people want this so much because besides the old shcool most newer shit does not stay the smae width it stays in relativity and peopel understand how to make it look but when you go to a right angle from one peice alot of times the horizontal bars will be thinner... or vice versa...but when your beginning and dont do extensions or anyhtign liek that and workign on simples you hsoudl work on your structure in a way to keep the entire peice in one thickness...if you cant understand that i cant explain any better...

actyaulyl groove, your peice does have rather good structure it just needs to keep the smooth lines no little indents and outdents liek rinkles on the edge...just stay clam and smooth whiel drawing and dont shake or jerk/twitch your hand whiel drawing...so if you keep the lines clean and smooth your peice would look pritty good but id recommend witching it so the left side of the "v" is the higher not the irght so it wont be confused with a "j"

Faze first of all, THANK YOU, it was very helpful it was probably the most helpful explanation i have ever gotten. I iddI didnt understand what the big deal about width and shit is though because you are right most of the new shit doesnt look that way, and if it looks good why mess with it, alsoits not an ass comment to tell me something i forgot thanks again