Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I dont think any of you actually want advice, you just post your stuff, and ask for help, but when someone gives you help, you ignore it.

graffiti is hella simple, like its less of an art, and more of a mathematical equation. Start simple, be simple for a really long time. thats all there is to it. your going to get more respect being simple, then doing wierd 3d. have a simple throwup, and a simple tag, and get up with it. All the dope graffiti writers youve ever seen anywhere, started that way.

some color advices, never use 2 light colors, like a white fillin and a light yellow out line, and never 2 dark, like dark blue with a black outline. the colors should contrast. Black/white, yellow/red, silver black, white/red.

dont buy paint ever (i wont tell you how to get it, use your imagination), especially if your under 18,

the only spray caps youll really need for a very long time, is a stock, and a fat.

you dont need hella crazy markers, sure there cool, but dont waste money buying big markers off the internet.

the best pens are silver and gold paint pens, meanstreaks, mops (ink in a shoe polish applicator), and a black marker of some kind.

write graffiti like people in your city, you might htink another citys style is dope, and it probably is, but the reason they write that way, is because of how graff evolved in there city, your citys style is a direct descendant of the first writers in your city, and a distant descendent of the first graffiti writers period, are you really going to diss every writer that ever held it down for your city, by trying some style from a place you dont even live. im not saying all the shit should look the same, but citys definitely have distinct styles.

the only paint youll need for a while, is white and black rusto, dollar paints dont work well on alot of surfaces because they have less pigments, if your going to write on smooth surface and your not going over hella other graffiti, they would work fine, other spots dollar paints just absorb into the surface and cant be seen unless your very close to the spot.

since paint is free, why would you have dollar paint anyway. its a waste of money to buy cans (unless your like 35, or have warrants, hella past convictions, probation, etc) and its an even bigger waste of money to buy fancy paint on the internet. its good paint, and there is difference, but just cause theres a toy ass tag, in a hella thick and dope purple color, its still a toy ass tag, a toy ass tag that cost hella money.

stop saying wildstyle, theres either straight letter pieces, or pieces. saying wildstyle is outdated.

its like saying "phat", or "talk to the hand".

also any one that comes on here, and has 10 people tell him his shits not toy and shouldtn post there, is 10x as toy any other toy on here, he knows hes dope enough to impress you cats, but hes obviously not getting respect elsewhere.

Its like being 22 with a hella nice car, and hanging out around high schools, malls, and roller rinks, looking for 15 year olds, except without the creepy sex. think about it

if you guys cant take 20 minutes to read what i have to say, and would rather waste days and month blowing it like homos in parked cars, go right ahead, this is all knowledge.

I admit i have way to much time on my hands in the morning, in the hour between my classes.

Originally posted by xdontsleepx@Feb 6 2006, 09:00 AM

askthrow3.jpg

changed up the "k" a bit i like it more.

all you need to do, is make your shit go straight across, your tag and your throwup, and dont do the qoutations marks on the tags, just put a dot on either side or leave it blank, quotation marks, are played, if your an older cat and you do them there sick, other wise, you shouldnt do them

do the letters straight together not curved up, like ask instead of

a k. i know your shit isnt that curved, but its the best way to explain

s

in the middle of the a just do a line or dot that explanation point is gay.

ASK ASK not A K A K, now that you have all that

S S

practice on paper hella till its more straight

go underneaht a bridge somewhere, and do like 10 of those throwups all the same. with white and black, and practice your tag liek a a billion times around the throw up. then go do it somewhere that it counts. remember when painting, white outline, fill in with white, black outlien and 3d. you can do a yellow halo if you wnat, but do that before the black, and dont use florescent yellow.

oh yeha dont change the k or the s, those are the sick ones, make your a so its not a retarded peanut, and make it closer to the same size as the other letters.

Let me tell you guys the biggest help I have found lately. I know I am completely toy but this is hardly about style and all that other stuff.

The truth is you really do need to stay simple and the best thing that you can do is go out and find another writer to --->TEACH<---

you how to write graffiti.

In fact i finally met a writer the other day and was showing him some of the shit i was posting on here, he told me to scrap it and start from the beginning. I was like what? it is not that bad, and he said you shouldnt be doing this yet, you have been trying for 3 months and your trying to do crazy shit.

So he put me back on the HANDSTYLE, and that is what i have been doing for the past week, I bought a dry erase board and have been practicing my handstyle, One thing that i also learned is that sometimes some of your simple pieces will grow from your handy as well

so people here who are trying to do it on your own, go find someone, find someone who even if they arent the best in the city, they can still teach you the basics, the basics opened so many doors for me and made me understand what the fuck people were talking about when they say letter structure. You have to learn letter structure in its simplest form, SINGLE LINES

Anyway ill post some new handys when i get my camera back to working

Late

Vyle

I never get feedback on my shit... I'll be posting soon, 2 busy workin on the handstyle. $2 dollar well drinks ..umm.. you got any pics cuz ya advice is koo but do ya mind showin ya shit? Ask I like your throw up, fix the A, keep the K it has nice balls lol jk. Keep practicin !

Originally posted by GrooveChampion@Feb 6 2006, 02:13 PM

Let me tell you guys the biggest help I have found lately. I know I am completely toy but this is hardly about style and all that other stuff.

The truth is you really do need to stay simple and the best thing that you can do is go out and find another writer to --->TEACH<---

you how to write graffiti.

In fact i finally met a writer the other day and was showing him some of the shit i was posting on here, he told me to scrap it and start from the beginning. I was like what? it is not that bad, and he said you shouldnt be doing this yet, you have been trying for 3 months and your trying to do crazy shit.

So he put me back on the HANDSTYLE, and that is what i have been doing for the past week, I bought a dry erase board and have been practicing my handstyle, One thing that i also learned is that sometimes some of your simple pieces will grow from your handy as well

so people here who are trying to do it on your own, go find someone, find someone who even if they arent the best in the city, they can still teach you the basics, the basics opened so many doors for me and made me understand what the fuck people were talking about when they say letter structure. You have to learn letter structure in its simplest form, SINGLE LINES

Anyway ill post some new handys when i get my camera back to working

Late

Vyle

^^^ definitely very true.

groove champion i suggest you delete those pics and never show them again cuz quite honestly they're the worst ive seen... just look thru all the pages of the HANDSTYLES thread, and check out what looks good.. lose the arrows, all the other unnecessary bullshit and make the letters flow.. all i see is ragged jumbled letters put together.. once you get a feel for handstyles, bombs and pieces should come easier.