Toys post here...

swif1

thanks for the tip!

Just keep at the simples, man. You can even look through your cupboards, and look at labels; try to base your letters off of what you see on a certain label. As long as they are straight letters, and you use bars if you need to, then you're making progress. Practice shadowing, line structure, etc; just hone everything down, sketch, after sketch, after sketch. That's what I'm doing, because that's what Animal, Freak, and all of the other wise-men in this thread suggested to me, and it's working! :)

You'll get there, man; it just takes time. Keep at it; simples are the light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, and Animal has a great idea about trying to talk to some locals for some tips. Other than that, admire any good work that you see in person, and don't fight the influence (don't bite their style though).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

redeye-

I would love to do that but i am a mom of twin boys and unfourtunatly my days of painting trains are over:(:( Shit my days of getting out are over!!! I am one determined bitch though, so i will find my way...

Thanks Virtue. I'll give it a shot!!

You're welcome. Just stick with it; where there's a will, there's a way, and remember that there's a lot of us in here that can help you out along the way. :)

Appreciate it! I'll work on it the next couple days and then post again. Let me know if i improved.

Appreciate it! I'll work on it the next couple days and then post again. Let me know if i improved.

You're welcome. Just post up what you throw down. You don't have to post up every sketch, but the ones that you would like crits on, post them up! Practice makes perfect, and crits help you bang out the kinks.

Here's one that I did not too long ago; I was tinkering around with some new style; it's not technically a simple, but I wanted to try something new for a sketch or two. I couldn't figure out the shadow on it (I know, I know), and some of the lines are a tad shaky.

imag0166.jpg

Crits, please. Thanks, guys! :D

that is technically a simple. no extensions, simple structure. I dig it. Progress that idea, draw it over and over and over and see how it changes.

Really? I thought simples were only straights and keyboards? Good to know! Oh, and thanks, bro! I'm going to fiddle around with it over the next couple of days and see if I can get some new ideas out of it.

word im feelin it 2.

Thanks, Freak!

And on the critical note. it looks good, but try to make your bars more even.

Thanks, Noam! Yeah, my bars are a bit off; I just busted it out, ha ha. I put on some music, and just went with it. I'll be working on the bars as I fiddle with it though. Thanks, again!

simples are anything that is of simple construction. no extensions, fast execution, quick and easy.

simples can be oozing with style though, don't think simples are block letters only.

i'll post up some stuff here in a few, some simples and a piece in progress...

Good to know, man! Thanks for the tips!

I can't wait to see what you post up; your shit's always fresh looking.

Here's one that I did not too long ago; I was tinkering around with some new style; it's not technically a simple, but I wanted to try something new for a sketch or two. I couldn't figure out the shadow on it (I know, I know), and some of the lines are a tad shaky.

imag0166.jpg

Crits, please. Thanks, guys! :D

def stolen from rime bro