Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Honestly, these are lacking. The "wang" you did was decent but these are nowhere near that.

The flow in the jitsu is inconsistent and it seems to be all over the place. The J isn't benefiting from the tumor on the left edge. The slit doesn't help either. The t's bar doesn't fit in at all and neither does the s. The changing letter widths don't add anything positive to the piece either.

On the second one, the style is just forced. 3D is slightly off. The little chunks added on each letter remind me of the elephant man. When dealing with addons, it's supposed to compliment the letters adding more flow to the composition rather than adding things here and there just for the sake of it. Just my opinion.

^ LAUGHS

KEYBOARD SIMPLES

PLEASE

YOU KNOW HOW IT IS. Learn the basics. That means Raw letters, no arrow like extensions, copy your keyboard.

The style changes from letter to letter, basics will teach you consistency,

everyone should just read this and then post

everyone should just read this and then post

there are several schools of thought on how style should be developed... THis is the most common.

But if you don't push yourself occasionally to go above your ability, you won't get any wilder.

The key for me is to go wild (it usually looks bad), then refine the idea to a strong structure (starts to look better) and repeat the outline a few times (makes it clean and organized).

That being said, i have learned the basics of letter structure though keyboard simples or quick straightletters and blockbusters.

Also, don't stick just to your name, learn all the letters in the alphabet, do exchanges, enter battles, TRY DIFFERENT LETTER COMBOS!

Practice, Practice Practice. OR quit.

*edit - chanchi - keyboard simples. NOW. and only simples.

there are several schools of thought on how style should be developed... THis is the most common.

But if you don't push yourself occasionally to go above your ability, you won't get any wilder.

The key for me is to go wild (it usually looks bad), then refine the idea to a strong structure (starts to look better) and repeat the outline a few times (makes it clean and organized).

That being said, i have learned the basics of letter structure though keyboard simples or quick straightletters and blockbusters.

Also, don't stick just to your name, learn all the letters in the alphabet, do exchanges, enter battles, TRY DIFFERENT LETTER COMBOS!

Practice, Practice Practice. OR quit.

*edit - chanchi - keyboard simples. NOW. and only simples.

now I know the structure of my letters I work almost to the reverse of what you desribed, i get the basic shape of the letters on the page then work on getting them flowing into each other or getting the connections in place and getting a little more wild into the structure.

but to everyone who is told to do simples that is because I did a shit load of simple for about a year working solidly. Check back to 2008/2009 in this thread and I started posting in here back then, once those simples are down it comes so much more naturally

usually now i stick to simples, but when i get a little bored i'll go wild, it'll look akward, but there are a few things that have potential, so i take those things and continue using them, and go back to simples with a new trick or too. I don't usually do the extensions/addons things yet, cuz they tend to detract from the core structure of the piece, but every once in a while i can get one to work, and then i have a new trick.

your not gonna go no where if you don't experiment, i fucks with simples on the regular, and the reason for that is because it builds a base for your style to develop from, you have to have a foundation.. that being said if you don't push yourself to try new things and experiment with your letters you will never progress, you'll be doing to same thing over and over again,

i spend most of the time doing simples as of now because i want my foundation to be solid, but i still make time to play with porportions. i'll take that basic letter and then stretch one of the bars or fatten it up in certain places etc.. thats how you develop a style thats yours, you fuck with it until you find something you like. you look at how other people do their shit and try to build off it more or less, there are certain letters that everyone uses, but everyone makes it there own

4888177005_2a461f3559_o.jpg

example, start out with shit like this, and then you build off of it as time progresses. im not gonna bump that MER i did a while back, but that style i was rocking all started with this shit right here...

now I know the structure of my letters I work almost to the reverse of what you desribed, i get the basic shape of the letters on the page then work on getting them flowing into each other or getting the connections in place and getting a little more wild into the structure.

but to everyone who is told to do simples that is because I did a shit load of simple for about a year working solidly. Check back to 2008/2009 in this thread and I started posting in here back then, once those simples are down it comes so much more naturally

did you post in the bombingscience toy thread?