Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my experience the best three paints out there are: first the original makers of montana paints the MONTANA 94 line, and then its bastard son the MONTANA GOLD or BLACK LINE as well. i have found both to be excellent for piecing and mix together seamlessly without bubbling or running issues. the stock caps that come on the 94 cans produce the finest lines ive been able to produce with any paint close to pencil thin with little cut backs. their cap also works with the gold line very well producing similarly fine lines. i like to use the gold line for my fills and any color 94 for outlines and force fields and anything requiring alot of control and fine detail. Im lucky i have stores in driving distance that sell these paints but MONTANA 94 is unreal good and if you have the budget to buy it and your an experienced writer who likes to do alot of detail its worth it. if you need proof look at the GESER and KEM thread those cats all use 94 AND ABSOLUTELY KILL so don't take my word for it.

in my experience the best three paints out there are: first the original makers of montana paints the MONTANA 94 line, and then its bastard son the MONTANA GOLD or BLACK LINE as well. i have found both to be excellent for piecing and mix together seamlessly without bubbling or running issues. the stock caps that come on the 94 cans produce the finest lines ive been able to produce with any paint close to pencil thin with little cut backs. their cap also works with the gold line very well producing similarly fine lines. i like to use the gold line for my fills and any color 94 for outlines and force fields and anything requiring alot of control and fine detail. Im lucky i have stores in driving distance that sell these paints but MONTANA 94 is unreal good and if you have the budget to buy it and your an experienced writer who likes to do alot of detail its worth it. if you need proof look at the GESER and KEM thread those cats all use 94 AND ABSOLUTELY KILL so don't take my word for it.

Yeah that sounds great if you got lots of money to spend doing graff.. Post some pics, I'd like to see your work. On the average how much you spend on a piece? Gold line is kind of pricey ain't it? 94's are pretty decent priced at 5.50 - $6 a can.

We are all intitled to are own opinions. But to me this entire post reads like this. Bla bla I bla bla DONT bla bla KNOW bla bla bla HOW TO bla bla bla USE bla AMERICAN bla bla PAINT bla bla bla BECUASE IM A NEWSCHOOLER bla bla bla bla bla! Followed with a I like to spend alot of money. When I dont have to. Bla bla bla.

Its no dought that most the Euro fancy paints made for graff are indeed really nice paints. But they are not the only paint a writer should use. Or know how to use.

PS: Im not knocking anyone. Especially were I myself, use fancy paint for some stuff. ( maybe 10% of the time ). But the fact is. It just dosnt reqiure as much skill or can control, to use the fancy paint that is made specifically for the graffiti arts.

PPS: NONE of the euro paints are the best for everything IMHO.

Honestly now.. Montana the German company is here only for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that is to make money off of dumb writers who think that using it makes them "golden"

Lots of these newjacks or naive people don't realize its the person behind the can and not that can itself is what it should be all about. You learn as you go .. not cuz you buying some fancy ass high priced paint.

Spanish Montana used to be a true honest for the writers but now they are indeed all corporate shit try calling them these days.

Anyways none of them paints can stay on freights as long as an American made brand. Yes they got the nicer colors but what's so good bout that if it only lasts less than a year?

What's the point really for paying such a high priced paint? Especially if you ain't got that much money in the first place, not like you can rack that stuff.

Expensive paint is like learning to walk before you know how to crawl.

If you have no can control with paint than getting Euro brands are a waste on your end.

Not if they are rich super stupid dumber than rocks and probably idiots watching too many reality bullshit shows Dreaming of being a freight king

rustoleum all day.but i do like mtn's color selection.but damned if that shit aint expensive.you gotta pay an arm and a leg just to get like ten cans.i tallied up the cost of getting 10 cans off one of these graffiti sites and it was like 70 bucks.when you can rack that in a day for free...they need to drop the price i think...

It just dosnt reqiure as much skill or can control, to use the fancy paint that is made specifically for the graffiti arts.

tho i do agree that guy was speaking on limited knowledge....

duder..... can control doesnt make up for dusty lines, shitty valves, or drying time (which determines drips and whether the paint cracks when used with other brands). going over your piece muliple times correct for how the paint performs does, ultimately spending more time to finish. those are paint problems, and this is a thread about paint, not skill. I'll agree not all euro paint is good.... i think mtn hardcore has serious drip problems (but damn that guacamole green is hot color tho!) and i refuse to use it anymore. im a little spoiled (none of your concern how) and have access to a shit ton of excellent paint and i would have to say...yes, there are a few brands that are excellent for everything...dust, valve, drips, and managing to get around different drying times.

yes, rusto brands are great (especially the 2xcoverage PT) but it doesnt compare. i mean i still use them sometimes....but its more like 10% of the time for big projects...wholecars...end to ends...or splashes, yeah splashes or backrounds...i refuse to use fancy paint for that!

all i see in your post is.... blah blah blah your a toy cuz you use fancy paint and i really care how other people spend their money.

every time i see posts like that it makes me laugh. who fuckin cares what paint other people use unless they are jealous.

who fuckin cares what paint other people use unless they are jealous.

and deen, for someone trying to start a new american brand of paint id imagine you'd be on that bandwagon. who the fuck is gonna wanna buy your paint if the can rack rusto for freeeeeeeeee. i suppose toys shouldnt buy your paint neither since they need to learn can control with rusto, we wouldnt want them to waste their parents money on you now would we...(sarcasm).

Lots of these newjacks or naive people don't realize its the person behind the can and not that can itself is what it should be all about. You learn as you go .. not cuz you buying some fancy ass high priced paint.

if i was an investor or a partner...i would kick you in the balls for saying such shit...and even tho this statement is very true, "keepin it real" as they say doesnt sell your fancy paint.

and deen, for someone trying to start a new american brand of paint id imagine you'd be on that bandwagon. who the fuck is gonna wanna buy your paint if the can rack rusto for freeeeeeeeee. i suppose toys shouldnt buy your paint neither since they need to learn can control with rusto, we wouldnt want them to waste their parents money on you now would we...(sarcasm).

Seriously.. I'm not in it for the money or to get rich. Graff is something I love and always will till the day I die.

It surely doesn't hurt to do something that you love to do. How many of you here wouldn't want a job they actually like doing? I know I'm one for sure.

I'm trying to do what many here said wouldn't be done. Not like I'm some big foreign jerk off entity with a ton of money banking on infatuation.

I'm pretty sure its the same for the majority that are on this forum. You love graffiti hands down.

For some it's just a fad for others its much more. Not like I'm begging or pushing anyone to buy something from me. That is far far from the truth.

Price goes along way though unless you some rich person then it doesn't matter.

Eventhough we all love graff I'm assuming there ain't that many of us that are willing to lose their jobs or get arrested trying to steal paint.

You honestly think all these guys that are doing the fancy production stuff buying it with their own money?

Think again cuz they getting that paint for free. I doubt if anyone em' would spend a few hundred bucks to do some wall somewhere just for the hell of it.

tho i do agree that guy was speaking on limited knowledge....

duder..... can control doesnt make up for dusty lines, shitty valves, or drying time (which determines drips and whether the paint cracks when used with other brands). going over your piece muliple times correct for how the paint performs does, ultimately spending more time to finish. those are paint problems, and this is a thread about paint, not skill. I'll agree not all euro paint is good.... i think mtn hardcore has serious drip problems (but damn that guacamole green is hot color tho!) and i refuse to use it anymore. im a little spoiled (none of your concern how) and have access to a shit ton of excellent paint and i would have to say...yes, there are a few brands that are excellent for everything...dust, valve, drips, and managing to get around different drying times.

yes, rusto brands are great (especially the 2xcoverage PT) but it doesnt compare. i mean i still use them sometimes....but its more like 10% of the time for big projects...wholecars...end to ends...or splashes, yeah splashes or backrounds...i refuse to use fancy paint for that!

all i see in your post is.... blah blah blah your a toy cuz you use fancy paint and i really care how other people spend their money.

every time i see posts like that it makes me laugh. who fuckin cares what paint other people use unless they are jealous.

In reply to your entire post. Your about 70% wrong on everything you said. My point was simple. A writer should know how to use as many brands of paint as there are on the market.

If you know how to use a dusty CAP! Then it can be used on a number of things. Though not a choice cap for outlines. In a pinch It can be used. That has EVERYTHING to do with CAN CONTROL!

On to valve type issues.I have had a lot more Euro cans clog up either it be in the stem or just the cap. More then Rusto ever has.

No sorry. Im not toy and I dont give 2 shits what someone wants to use for paint. As I stated Im not knocking some one for useing fancy paint. As I do use it here and there. I was just saying how I ROUGHLY see it and that fancy paint should be only seen as another tool for ones use.

It only makes you and shows your better with a can if you can use more then just fancy paint. I think MOST agree with that.

Granted DRYING time has something to do with DRIPPING and running. But Drips happen more if your moving slowly or the paint is to thin or its cold out or you covered over a wet spot. Dispite almost any brand.

This is one of those topics that could be and has beaten to death.

I absolutely don't see how anyone can be jealous over what other people are using to paint with. What they use is their business afterall its their money.

Anyways this is a forum and people are entitled to state their opinions. It's all good.

I've always said it's buyers preference, you use something and like it you buy it again it's simple as that. Look through this forum you'll see that many many times.

Perhaps a few of you are still in junior high or high school maybe? Cuz I really don't see how the jealous factor plays into this.

Damn I miss those high school days with the hookie parties and lots of hot drunk girls :)

if i was an investor or a partner...i would kick you in the balls for saying such shit...and even tho this statement is very true, "keepin it real" as they say doesnt sell your fancy paint.

Hey my paint isn't fancy at all! It's not even high priced! It's $3.15 a can now if you think bout it.. that's cheaper than any other American brand and absolutely any Foreign brand.

When I bring out the other formula which will be similar to the goldline or 94' that one will be under $4 as well. No jokes about it. I fully intend to turn the paint game on it's head.

If you know how to use a dusty CAP! Then it can be used on a number of things. Though not a choice cap for outlines. It can be used. That has EVERYTHING to do with CAN CONTROL!

Granted DRYING time has something to do with DRIPPING. But Drips happen more if your moving slowly or the paint is to thin or its cold out or you covered over a wet spot.

a dusty cap?!? wtf? are your following me here?! RUSTO brand paints ARE dusty...has nothing to do with caps. thats why krylon had the slogan "no dust, no drips". if you use outline caps its still relatively dusty.

and yes if you paint with faster strokes you wont get drips with tags. but drying time has ALOT to do with layering. this is when the subject becomes relative....yes you always have to give paint time to dry before layering...some brands take minutes others take seconds and that has a huge impact when it comes to drips.

Oh christ, This is why I hate talking about this shit on the internet. When you said dusty I thought you ment something else other then for fills.

As for drips. Well shit man. I get just as many drips with a fancy can as I do with a rusto depending alot on color and environment. I guess that all really boils down to can control again.

As for krylons bullshit slogan. They can go take a shit in they're fist. That shit to date is the worst its even been. Again this is one of those topics that has been beaten to death. I just dont really have the desire to get into it that much any more.

But tell me this. What paint do you use the most of?

Rusto is a seasoned veteran painter in the game for decades man.

Don't look back you definitely seem to know your stuff as well. There are ways to avoid the dusty aspect, after all the dust is caused by the release of the propellant and not the paint itself.

Anyways you're both right in your own ways..

I agree the ideal dry time before adding another layer should be 1 to 5 mins the most. This also depends on the temp and enviorment you're in. This plays a huge factor as well in dry time.

Let's all move on to something more entertaining now!

Archived